Airline Mogul Forum

To those already doing 2+ frequencies on routes...

boilermaker

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #120 on: March 10, 2008, 08:52:16 pm
Quote from: "Dooskie III"
Quote from: "boilermaker"
Quote from: "Steeler83"
I launch routes, add frequencies with different aircraft to make my airline bigger and bigger.  What am I supposed to do, shrink my airline because someone doesn't want me to get big?  They might as well ask me to quit!  

We all want to hamper the competition. When someone opens a route with multiple frequencies, expect retaliation of some sort. Although multiple frequencies may be within the rules, other players may start playing the same way.

And THAT is exactly the reason he got the PM from me. He didn't quite tell the entire story when he was complaining. He was a newb in PIT, opened ALL of his routes 3x, 4x, 5x, and just didn't seem to figure out why the fares were getting dropped so low on him. My PM to him was pre-emptive.  8)

Yup. Some nutjob decided to do something similar on a couple rather busy routes. I sent a PM suggesting he drop the frequencies and he dropped fares instead. So I opened routes at one of his bases and used multiples with some small planes. He closed the base, but multiples are still going on. I sent another PM suggesting again he drop the multiples since I have several more bases I could build  :twisted:

thecoffeecake

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #121 on: March 10, 2008, 08:57:46 pm
I knew some new retard would come to quebec city and start ruining everything. 3x to manchester! he's costing me thousands!!!!! can there be a 3rd world for imcompetent people when multi worlds comes out??

Steeler83

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #122 on: March 10, 2008, 09:07:45 pm
I launch routes, add frequencies with different aircraft to make my airline bigger and bigger.  What am I supposed to do, shrink my airline because someone doesn't want me to get big?  They might as well ask me to quit!  

We all want to hamper the competition. When someone opens a route with multiple frequencies, expect retaliation of some sort. Although multiple frequencies may be within the rules, other players may start playing the same way.

And THAT is exactly the reason he got the PM from me. He didn't quite tell the entire story when he was complaining. He was a newb in PIT, opened ALL of his routes 3x, 4x, 5x, and just didn't seem to figure out why the fares were getting dropped so low on him. My PM to him was pre-emptive.  8)

Yup. Some nutjob decided to do something similar on a couple rather busy routes. I sent a PM suggesting he drop the frequencies and he dropped fares instead. So I opened routes at one of his bases and used multiples with some small planes. He closed the base, but multiples are still going on. I sent another PM suggesting again he drop the multiples since I have several more bases I could build  :twisted:

Well needless to say, I learned my lesson about 2X-plus frequencies on here -- they don't work.  Even though I was a "newbee" at PIT in the last round, I just started the game a little too late.  Was I trying to be a jerk-off? no -- I was just trying to compete but was failing.  I guess nomatter where I would have started up a base it was too late for me to compete at that point.  Needless to say, I was rather happy the game reset after 1974.  

I should have just chosen a smaller market that wasn't hubbed by anyone and gone from there.  Maybe I would have fared better, but then again, it took me a while to learn about the 1x frequency concept  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:
teeler83
Founder and CEO of Buon Giorno! Airlines

Dooskie III

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #123 on: March 10, 2008, 09:30:47 pm
Quote from: "thecoffeecake"
I knew some new retard would come to quebec city and start ruining everything. 3x to manchester! he's costing me thousands!!!!! can there be a 3rd world for imcompetent people when multi worlds comes out??

It wouldn't be big enough. There would have to be a multi-worlds set up especially for them with lots and lots of worlds.  8)

Dooskie III

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #124 on: March 10, 2008, 09:33:18 pm

Well needless to say, I learned my lesson about 2X-plus frequencies on here -- they don't work.  Even though I was a "newbee" at PIT in the last round, I just started the game a little too late.  Was I trying to be a jerk-off? no -- I was just trying to compete but was failing.  I guess nomatter where I would have started up a base it was too late for me to compete at that point.  Needless to say, I was rather happy the game reset after 1974.  

I should have just chosen a smaller market that wasn't hubbed by anyone and gone from there.  Maybe I would have fared better, but then again, it took me a while to learn about the 1x frequency concept  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:

Fair enough. Apology extended for my rather direct PM to you the other day. It was just frustrating to work through it and you didn't seem to be getting the point as I dropped fares lower and lower, and increased the size of my planes. Just really didn't want to start down that same road again.  8)

Steeler83

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #125 on: March 10, 2008, 10:02:12 pm
Ok then!  I guess referring back to that PM, you were afraid of me opening a base at Shreveport?  I really had no desire of running a base down there.  Shreveport is just going to be a spoke in my system.  I know I am going to use multiple frequencies on a few routes (this time with multiple aircraft with some overlap), these are going to be on a few regional routes.  Shreveport is only going to have one frequency to each of my bases -- there isn't enough demand for 2+ flights to any of my hubs, or planned hubs.  The most I will have anywhere is 3 or 4 frequencies, mostly due to different aircraft size (1 737 flight, a 727 flight, etc)

Again, part of that whole bit was due to my lack of logic with the idea of 2+ frequencies on a single aircraft.  I can't believe it took 4 rounds for me to learn that!  If you want to see other airlines doing this, I think I saw a handful in other locals with 4 aircraft doing four flights -- but these were 3X, 4X, 5X, and of course, to top it all off, an 'n.5' frequency!  Needless to say, I don't do that anymore!
teeler83

Dooskie III

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #126 on: March 10, 2008, 10:45:58 pm
Ok then!  I guess referring back to that PM, you were afraid of me opening a base at Shreveport?  I really had no desire of running a base down there.  Shreveport is just going to be a spoke in my system.  I know I am going to use multiple frequencies on a few routes (this time with multiple aircraft with some overlap), these are going to be on a few regional routes.  Shreveport is only going to have one frequency to each of my bases -- there isn't enough demand for 2+ flights to any of my hubs, or planned hubs.  The most I will have anywhere is 3 or 4 frequencies, mostly due to different aircraft size (1 737 flight, a 727 flight, etc)

Again, part of that whole bit was due to my lack of logic with the idea of 2+ frequencies on a single aircraft.  I can't believe it took 4 rounds for me to learn that!  If you want to see other airlines doing this, I think I saw a handful in other locals with 4 aircraft doing four flights -- but these were 3X, 4X, 5X, and of course, to top it all off, an 'n.5' frequency!  Needless to say, I don't do that anymore!

Oh, I wasn't afraid of it. I was only trying to encourage you to reconsider before it led to something much uglier. Speaking of high frequencies/multiple planes on one route, I was looking at a couple last night that I couldn't believe. There was a route going from one place to another 55 times on four planes! 55 times! And it wasn't the only place that this airline was doing this. I'm still in disbelief.  8)

Steeler83

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #127 on: March 10, 2008, 11:17:42 pm
55 frequencies on four planes to ONE destination?!!  I can't imagine the press release associated with that!

"Attention trevelers, we have one entire concourse devoted to our (insert city here) travelers.  Every plane and every flight depoarts XXX for (insert same city), which totals 55 total flights...

Forget that, I doubt they'd even get a respectable LF even at 10 Euros!! -- an exaggeration of the sort, but you catch my drift...
teeler83

flyingscotsman

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #128 on: March 18, 2008, 11:52:50 pm
Bring in the Weather - thats what I say  :twisted:

All of those North American destinations with zillions of flights and trillions of profits should be spending a lot of that on re-routing pax.  Just think - ORD (snow); ATL (Fog); NYC/BOS (snow, rain, wind, leaves....the list is endless)

Those of us which fly from part of the world where the sun is always shining should get some concessions that we aren't dealing with stupid weather patterns  :lol:

Just my $10 dollars worth
ly RMA! ID 8668
Proud Member of Kiwi Alliance
"THE African Experience"

Steeler83

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #129 on: March 19, 2008, 12:33:56 am
For fog, I wouldn't think of ATL.  SFO comes to mind there ;-)  

As does PHL to a degree, right there on the Delaware River...
teeler83

Asuka

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #130 on: March 19, 2008, 01:01:26 am
Some people don't get it, if they can't win on price what do they do?

SE 210 Caravelle Super 10B 5  €19
SE 210 Caravelle Super 10B 8  €19

Both of them are part of the same alliance as well  :roll:

zkvac

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • granturismoworld.piczo.com
Reply #131 on: March 19, 2008, 01:21:57 am
Quote from: "Asuka"
Some people don't get it, if they can't win on price what do they do?

SE 210 Caravelle Super 10B 5  €19
SE 210 Caravelle Super 10B 8  €19

Both of them are part of the same alliance as well  :roll:

Yeah you can talk..

Having 3 planes on a 1 Freq is as bad as having 1 plane on a 3 freq..

The one bad thing about Australasia is that there is not much money as it is, without having idiots coming in and buggering it up..
Public World #2119 - VincentAir (Australasia)

Asuka

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #132 on: March 19, 2008, 01:38:11 am
Having multiple planes on 1 route is sometimes not a bad thing.

Some of the routes I'm not the lowest price on offer, but there is the demand there given the passenger count of the airport.

Either I let the planes sit idle and earn nothing, or get something back without reducing the cost of the route.

Given they are only 20 seat planes anyway.

Steeler83

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #133 on: March 19, 2008, 02:41:18 am
Or, how about those with huge planes on low density routes, especially shorter routes?  I realize I do have some such routes, but I am restructuring my airline.  I hope to get my DOP up to 20 million and open up 2 more hubs -- somewhere out west...
teeler83

zkvac

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • granturismoworld.piczo.com
Reply #134 on: March 19, 2008, 02:42:58 am
Quote from: "Asuka"
Having multiple planes on 1 route is sometimes not a bad thing.

Some of the routes I'm not the lowest price on offer, but there is the demand there given the passenger count of the airport.

Either I let the planes sit idle and earn nothing, or get something back without reducing the cost of the route.

Given they are only 20 seat planes anyway.

A Convair doesn't have 60 seats. Perhaps if you have planes sitting idle, you should put them on OTHER routes, or maybe you should actually think about it and say to yourself " Do I actually have routes to put these planes I'm buying on?" If not, Don't buy them. It DOES reduce the cost of the route. You can't have 2 Convairs on a route at 300 Euros and get a 100% LF if other people have ONE 50 seat plane on that route for 300. You'll have to go to 280 ish, and we will have to come down to that to match you.

Duh

Here's another example of something annoying you do:

Brisbane- Launceston

Droog Air [FT]     SE 210 Caravelle Super 10B     1    €290
Asuka Airlines             Convair 580                    1    €300
Vincentair ( Me)         ATR-42-300                             1      €379
Blue Star Airlines    Convair 580                             1    €380

Air Taparata             BAe-146-100                           0.5    €510

Why would you make your fare 300 euros? Why not 378 or something like that? It ruins the routes faster how you're doing it, there's no need. All of us have 50 seat planes, why can't we have the same fares?

Stop thinking you're innocent, you're not. this game only works if you're not a complete penis.
Public World #2119 - VincentAir (Australasia)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk