Airline Mogul Forum

To those already doing 2+ frequencies on routes...

Steeler83

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #135 on: March 19, 2008, 02:47:59 am
I try not to have the lowest fare myself.  I usually try to either match fares or set them higher than others, and I don't mean higher by a few euros or so, unless of course the higher fare yields a ~30% LF...

I cannot WAIT for multi-worlds!!!!!!
teeler83
Founder and CEO of Buon Giorno! Airlines

zkvac

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • granturismoworld.piczo.com
Reply #136 on: March 19, 2008, 02:50:05 am
You only need to have a lower fare than the people with similar size aircraft to you. I have lots of routes where it's just me in an ATR 42 and one other guy in a Caravelle. I can have a fare 50 euros or so above him, and still get a 100% LF.

Perhaps the title of this thread should be changed to 'To those of you who are being stupid bloody idiots with routes'. :lol:
Public World #2119 - VincentAir (Australasia)

Asuka

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #137 on: March 19, 2008, 03:08:58 am
Quote from: "zkvac"
Why would you make your fare 300 euros? Why not 378 or something like that? It ruins the routes faster how you're doing it, there's no need. All of us have 50 seat planes, why can't we have the same fares?

Stop thinking you're innocent, you're not. this game only works if you're not a complete penis.

Maybe because I'm sick of the people who come back every hour and drop the fare by $1 over and over and over again.

By setting it at 300, I'm removing myself from the penny grabbers, and leaving the price war to the others on the route.

No naming names...is known for always dropping down by a dollar, so you two can fight it out, while I don't need to incur the daily route edit fee.

If the route has the passengers, then there shouldn't be a need to keep reducing the price, but as it is, everyone is dumping bigger and bigger planes on the shorter route and the is no market for that many seats.

You are not removed from this either with your recent uptake of the ATR's.

Dooskie III

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #138 on: March 19, 2008, 04:24:25 am
Quote from: "Steeler83"
I try not to have the lowest fare myself.  I usually try to either match fares or set them higher than others, and I don't mean higher by a few euros or so, unless of course the higher fare yields a ~30% LF...

I'll bet you can't.  8)

zkvac

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #139 on: March 19, 2008, 04:35:56 am
Quote from: "Asuka"

Maybe because I'm sick of the people who come back every hour and drop the fare by $1 over and over and over again.

By setting it at 300, I'm removing myself from the penny grabbers, and leaving the price war to the others on the route.

Blue Star is known for always dropping down by a dollar, so you two can fight it out, while I don't need to incur the daily route edit fee.

If the route has the passengers, then there shouldn't be a need to keep reducing the price, but as it is, everyone is dumping bigger and bigger planes on the shorter route and the is no market for that many seats.

You are not removed from this either with your recent uptake of the ATR's.

All that you reducing the fare by 50 euros instead of 1 or 2 is doing is ruining the route faster, because for us to get decent load factors, we HAVE to go lower than your already too-low fare, as we operate similar sized aircraft to you.

I have only bought ATR's because I have the routes for them. I am currently 5th in Australasia, and the four people in front of me ( no names AGAIN). all fly Convairs, which are bigger than my ATR's. I also only operate 50 ATR's, while you guys operate a higher number of Convairs.

I never said I was removed from this, but the reason the price has to keep dropping on routes is not, as you say, because people put aircraft that are too big on them, it is in fact beacuse there AREN'T enough pax for us all to have decent LF's.

Blue Star is in fact smarter than you, because you ruin routes up to 5000% faster than him. Australasia used to work well with one or two big airlines as it used to be, but not 4 or 5 as there is now.

Asuka

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #140 on: March 19, 2008, 07:47:50 am
All that you reducing the fare by 50 euros instead of 1 or 2 is doing is ruining the route faster, because for us to get decent load factors, we HAVE to go lower than your already too-low fare, as we operate similar sized aircraft to you.

No, you are competing with the excess load of passengers that my plane can not handle.

I have only bought ATR's because I have the routes for them. I am currently 5th in Australasia, and the four people in front of me (NO names) all fly Convairs, which are bigger than my ATR's. I also only operate 50 ATR's, while you guys operate a higher number of Convairs.

Yes on the all the routes that have no passengers and are already serviced by Neko, Blue Star or myself. So infact you have just caused the downward spiral on all those route by adding your ATR's to already serviced routes.

I never said I was removed from this, but the reason the price has to keep dropping on routes is not, as you say, because people put aircraft that are too big on them, it is in fact beacuse there AREN'T enough pax for us all to have decent LF's.

Same thing, if everyone stuck to 20seat planes on the routes, then everyone could compete on the route with a high load factor.

Once everyone came along with the SE 210 Caravelle Super 10B's that just ruined the routes and caused the cost of prices to spiral downwards.

Blue Star is in fact smarter than you, because you ruin routes up to 5000% faster than him. Australasia used to work well with one or two big airlines as it used to be, but not 4 or 5 as there is now.

Doubt that, look at what you did this afternoon with all the ATR's. I went out for 3 hours and found many of the routes that you edited €20 less than I left them.

There is a solution to this, split NZ and some of the other islands not part of Australia out of the Asia group so they can't set up bases in Australia.

It's easy to see those who are after money and not provide the full service, just look at who services some of the Perth routes where you make bugger all money.

Steeler83

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #141 on: March 19, 2008, 02:19:08 pm
Quote from: "Dooskie III"

I'll bet you can't.  8)

Ok, you're just being very dirty right now...
teeler83

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #142 on: March 19, 2008, 04:20:04 pm
Ya know. I started this thread to find people who are actually doing this, not for people to complain about other people doing it.

If you find a habitual offender, why don't you send them an in-game mail with a link to this thread?

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

Steeler83

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #143 on: March 19, 2008, 05:11:31 pm
Sorry mate.  Now I am just playing the game of "get even"

To get back on topic, I did inadvertently launch a second frequency with the same aircraft to a destination from one of my bases.  I believe I moved that flight and put it elsewhere.
teeler83

Dooskie III

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #144 on: March 19, 2008, 07:11:34 pm
Sorry mate.  Now I am just playing the game of "get even"

To get back on topic, I did inadvertently launch a second frequency with the same aircraft to a destination from one of my bases.  I believe I moved that flight and put it elsewhere.

Inadvertently? That was your entire strategy of playing the game. Frustrating to say the least.  8)

Steeler83

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #145 on: March 19, 2008, 07:56:02 pm
Dude, just leave me the heck alone...

I have played fairly as well, at least I have tried to.  Look, I admit that I misinterpret many things on here, and I apologise.  When you said stay out of shreveport I thought you meant "no hub" there, considering how I've played last round (which I wish I never played...)

Maybe I will just stay out of everyone's way.  Maybe I'll move to Latin or South America next round where there will be nobody to piss off... hopefully anyway...

If you wish for me to dismantle PHX, then so fricking be it.  You have caused me more aggravation than anyone on here.  I hope you're happy.  I am miserable.  Thanks a lot.  You fricking win, now please enough with this...  This game isn't worth it.  Ok, I am through... ciao
teeler83

Dooskie III

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #146 on: March 19, 2008, 08:01:04 pm

I have played fairly as well, at least I have tried to.  Look, I admit that I misinterpret many things on here, and I apologise.  When you said stay out of shreveport I thought you meant "no hub" there, considering how I've played last round (which I wish I never played...)

Maybe I will just stay out of everyone's way.  Maybe I'll move to Latin or South America next round where there will be nobody to piss off... hopefully anyway...

If you wish for me to dismantle PHX, then so fricking be it.  You have caused me more aggravation than anyone on here.  I hope you're happy.  I am miserable.  Thanks a lot.  You fricking win, now please enough with this...  This game isn't worth it.  Ok, I am through... ciao

If you can dismantle PHX, then so be it. I am just a little guy there with no aspirations of anything else. But if you want to P.O. the guys in front of me, be my guest.

As for the rest of it, actions speak. I only respond. I haven't been the instigator.  8)

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #147 on: March 19, 2008, 08:44:55 pm

Hm, I am afraid it is almost impossible to "stay out of everyone's way" - except you choose small airports and fly to other small airports only. You may choose a different continent but I am sure if you chose bigger airports the competition will be there sooner or later. But thats the game! Dont be afraid of competition - just think about what you are doing. Your competitors start with the same aircraft and amount of money. So if somebody is better than you check his airline and his route network very often to learn from it. Especially look at his network structure. But keep in mind: do not copy him as your location may require other decisions. As I told you in the past already: ask for help if you dont know which way to go. There are always people here that may be kind enough to assist you.

To come back on your possible movement to Central or South America: sure there are a lot less competitors. BUT you have less airports that are worth to fly from. If you consider 5M pax as the minimum for a base you have 66 of them in North America, 3 in Central and 11 in South America. In Central America you will have at least 3 out of your maximum 6 bases below 5M pax and many of your competitors will choose Mexico City as their hub. Every continent has advantages and disadvantages. But smaller number in players on a continent does not result in less competition. If you think Mexico City is close to North America where the big-pax airports are located you are right but others think the same. Again: the competition will be there.
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

zkvac

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #148 on: March 19, 2008, 09:29:12 pm
Quote from: "Asuka"

No, you are competing with the excess load of passengers that my plane can not handle.

I have only bought ATR's because I have the routes for them. I am currently 5th in Australasia, and the four people in front of me (Neko Air, Droog Air, You and Blue Star) all fly Convairs, which are bigger than my ATR's. I also only operate 50 ATR's, while you guys operate a higher number of Convairs.

Yes on the all the routes that have no passengers and are already serviced by Neko, Blue Star or myself. So infact you have just caused the downward spiral on all those route by adding your ATR's to already serviced routes.

Same thing, if everyone stuck to 20seat planes on the routes, then everyone could compete on the route with a high load factor.

Once everyone came along with the SE 210 Caravelle Super 10B's that just ruined the routes and caused the cost of prices to spiral downwards.

Doubt that, look at what you did this afternoon with all the ATR's. I went out for 3 hours and found many of the routes that you edited €20 less than I left them.

There is a solution to this, split NZ and some of the other islands not part of Australia out of the Asia group so they can't set up bases in Australia.

It's easy to see those who are after money and not provide the full service, just look at who services some of the Perth routes where you make bugger all money.

Ok so now it's my fault for using ATR's on routes where you guys use anything with 52-110 seats? I was using freakin METRO's on those routes! You expect me to go easy and not try because you want to do well? That's stupid. If you get a shot at being a big airline, why shouldn't I?

All of you guys operate fleets of 50-60+ Convairs/Caravelles, so why can't I operate 50 ATR's?

All I did with my ATR's is edited routes so that I get at least a 90% LF- hardly unreasonable. It's Caravelles coming in that ruins it. The reason I had to drop 20 Euros was because someone had just replaced their Convair on that route with a Caravelle.

WTF are you on about talking about 'service'? They're not real people we're flying.. It doesn't matter if we could stuff 100 people into our 50 seaters, people would still fly with us.

AM is nothing like the real world, it would be good when people realise that.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #149 on: March 19, 2008, 09:36:52 pm

Calm down.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk