Airline Mogul Forum

To those already doing 2+ frequencies on routes...

Dooskie III

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #105 on: March 09, 2008, 09:09:20 pm
Quote from: "Steeler83"
Quote from: "MarkP1969"
Quote from: "MusicAIR"
Quote from: "Vamerica"
I wasn't even talking about there strategy, I was just answering a question, no need to get mad at me.

Though no matter what, MarkP1969's response was a bit harsh, I believe he was probably referring to the idea of running 2+ frequencies and not to your correct post about going into debt on gate rentals (something not enough people realize!). :)

That is exactly what I was saying....I don't care if you have 70000000000000000000000000000's routes on a city pair or if you have a 7989897907890780 seat aircraft doing it whatever! This is a game and I treat it as such. It is fun don't get me wrong. But I am not going to rant and rave because someone ruined my precious route....get over it and concentrate on the game people!

Tell that to a certain other airline as well (I will protect his ID. pm me if you like!).  I launched a route from PIT into one of his bases, and he sent me a threatening message that he was going to open a hub in PIT and run me out of there.  Little did he know that if he would run me out, he'd also run out Crystal Airlines, who on some occasions is bigger than I am.  I don't think he wants to start any wars with Crystal.  I sure don't

I also agree that this is just a game.  Sure, I get frusterated whenever the comeptition gets stiff, but that's all it is, just a game.  I launch routes, add frequencies with different aircraft to make my airline bigger and bigger.  What am I supposed to do, shrink my airline because someone doesn't want me to get big?  They might as well ask me to quit!  I did drop that route -- I found another city I'd rather serve anyway...
:twisted:  8)

Thanks_for_the_upgrade

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: March 10, 2008, 12:56:40 am
Dooskie are you in this round?  I can't find your airline - Dooskie or Seattle - in the rankings.
UnderwAir [6] - Est. 1969.   (hehe, 69)

Dooskie III

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #107 on: March 10, 2008, 01:51:14 am
Quote from: "Thanks_for_the_upgrade"
Dooskie are you in this round?  I can't find your airline - Dooskie or Seattle - in the rankings.
Just chillin'. Golf season is getting close, don't have time to play. Much. However, if you know one of the things that Seattle is famous for, you'll be able find me.  8)

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #108 on: March 10, 2008, 02:01:38 am
Quote from: "Dooskie III"
Just chillin'. Golf season is getting close, don't have time to play. Much. However, if you know one of the things that Seattle is famous for, you'll be able find me.  8)

Golf season soon? :? (apart from the southern US)

I was sad that I had to drop out of SEA :cry: It was a benefit for the alliance :cry: I was doing so well :P
British Pan Airways (BPA)

Serving London Heathrow to You and the Rest of the World!

Fly with our lie-flat beds in first and business class on all longhaul planes!

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

Thanks_for_the_upgrade

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #109 on: March 10, 2008, 02:06:06 am

Ah, oh well.  I had a player I wanted your help with. :)  We'll see you in the fall.  

If you're ever near Cincinnati with your clubs, give me a shout.
UnderwAir [6] - Est. 1969.   (hehe, 69)

Dooskie III

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #110 on: March 10, 2008, 02:21:22 am

Ah, oh well.  I had a player I wanted your help with. :)  We'll see you in the fall.  

If you're ever near Cincinnati with your clubs, give me a shout.

Send me a pm. Always glad to be of service to help out with someone that is on the list.  8)

boilermaker

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #111 on: March 10, 2008, 02:38:35 am
I launch routes, add frequencies with different aircraft to make my airline bigger and bigger.  What am I supposed to do, shrink my airline because someone doesn't want me to get big?  They might as well ask me to quit!  

We all want to hamper the competition. When someone opens a route with multiple frequencies, expect retaliation of some sort. Although multiple frequencies may be within the rules, other players may start playing the same way.

Dooskie III

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #112 on: March 10, 2008, 02:50:05 am
Quote from: "boilermaker"
I launch routes, add frequencies with different aircraft to make my airline bigger and bigger.  What am I supposed to do, shrink my airline because someone doesn't want me to get big?  They might as well ask me to quit!  

We all want to hamper the competition. When someone opens a route with multiple frequencies, expect retaliation of some sort. Although multiple frequencies may be within the rules, other players may start playing the same way.

And THAT is exactly the reason he got the PM from me. He didn't quite tell the entire story when he was complaining. He was a newb in PIT, opened ALL of his routes 3x, 4x, 5x, and just didn't seem to figure out why the fares were getting dropped so low on him. My PM to him was pre-emptive.  8)

Steeler83

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #113 on: March 10, 2008, 03:13:06 am

Tell me about it.  I remember another situation back in the 2000-2007 round when someone based in CLT essentially wanted me off of PIT-CLT.  They threw 7 frequencies on there to combat my 2 or 3, and I think his aircraft were larger...  Then he put $10 fares on there, while I was charging close to 100...

This round, I always start out routes with one frequency.  Sometimes I'll add a second one, like I said before.
teeler83
Founder and CEO of Buon Giorno! Airlines

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #114 on: March 10, 2008, 03:15:23 am

Tell me about it.  I remember another situation back in the 2000-2007 round when someone based in CLT essentially wanted me off of PIT-CLT.  They threw 7 frequencies on there to combat my 2 or 3, and I think his aircraft were larger...  Then he put $10 fares on there, while I was charging close to 100...

This round, I always start out routes with one frequency.  Sometimes I'll add a second one, like I said before.

If some one did that to me, i'd charge 1 cent on 10 frequencies with a 757. I dont care how much moneyI'd lose on it. They'd learn a lesson. (however, I'd only do this on one or two routes) :twisted:

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

tmaxxfreak11

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #115 on: March 10, 2008, 03:52:19 am

That would explain why Seattle was so empty this round.  After Seattle left, there was virtually no one there...
estern Air Lines - 9610

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #116 on: March 10, 2008, 03:56:28 am
Quote from: "tmaxxfreak11"

That would explain why Seattle was so empty this round.  After Seattle left, there was virtually no one there...

Im confused....  Are you talking about when I left Seattle :P The only one who's still in Seattle is Western Air lines (WAL)... He's okay.

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

tmaxxfreak11

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #117 on: March 10, 2008, 04:07:28 am
Quote from: "Seattle"
Quote from: "tmaxxfreak11"

Im confused....  Are you talking about when I left Seattle :P The only one who's still in Seattle is Western Air lines (WAL)... He's okay.

Well with you and Dooksie gone, there was basically no one there.
estern Air Lines - 9610

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #118 on: March 10, 2008, 04:11:56 am
ohhh yes. sad. Does anyone know/remeber Alpha Air?

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

Steeler83

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #119 on: March 10, 2008, 05:44:22 pm
Quote from: "Seattle"

If some one did that to me, i'd charge 1 cent on 10 frequencies with a 757. I dont care how much moneyI'd lose on it. They'd learn a lesson. (however, I'd only do this on one or two routes) :twisted:

I actually started to do that last round in the 1970s.  A couple of routes I was charging 3 or 4 Euros, and still making money! -- 63 Euros!  That was the lowest possible price to still turn a profit with, so I figured, "you know what, I dare you to go lower!"

It's all good tho.  I remember first starting out with this last year (when there were only a few hundred of us!), and I was the only one with a base at PIT.  Now PIT is a multi-base for about 5 airlines.  I really must say I don't mind that too much.  To see PIT become such a base is a fantasy of mine, and at least on here such a fantasy can exist!!  Crystal and I essentially trade the top spot back and forth.  DCA, tho, is another story ;-)

I just want to remain competitive at TPA.  I know I will never become the top airline down there.  They're too big!
teeler83
Founder and CEO of Buon Giorno! Airlines

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk