Airline Mogul Forum

To those already doing 2+ frequencies on routes...

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #45 on: February 28, 2008, 11:01:00 pm
I have already explained, in this thread or somewhere nearby, how, in my view, neither silly high frequencies nor silly low prices should be as worrisome as they may seem.

Let me stress again, in case anyone missed the above underlining, that this is just one opinion and that I happily accept that many may differ. Also, I won't pretend that I'm not bothered when someone does it in my routes.

But, yes, AM is not just a simulation, it's also a game. Most of the times, a player that engages in those activities hurts herself more than the others. So... why not?

Also - and here comes a bit of unrealism in favour of playablility - in AM you can pretty much fly to close to three thousand airports. A real airline would not be so fortunate. So, if someone kills a route... so be it. Plenty more to choose from and probably one less jerk to mess with. :D

travismb99

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: February 28, 2008, 11:13:29 pm
The problem with saying that it's "realistic" is that... it's not, really.

There's no airline in the world that offers 1-euro fares on every seat on every flight between a given set of points.
acific Southwest Airlines - W10 - Catch our smile - ICAO:PS/#8304

CornField

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: February 29, 2008, 04:17:27 am
Quote from: "Scandalian Airlines"
Quote from: "myefre"
But in the real world, airlines do multiple freq so I am doing it here. I believe this "game" should be exactly like the real world.  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

I think so too, lets bring in terrorists, crashes and unions :lol:

I agree completely.... How about political pressure to keep certain airlines afloat, governments of countries purchasing aircraft and assigning them to airlines, how about NIMBY's and curfew's.......

Your  Favorite Hometown Airline

zkvac

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • granturismoworld.piczo.com
Reply #48 on: February 29, 2008, 04:22:08 am
How about no :P
Stephen has said that it's a HIGHLY SIMPLIFIED model of the real world. So no, it's not like the real world.
Public World #2119 - VincentAir (Australasia)

airplane2011@msn.com

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: February 29, 2008, 04:33:17 am
I was doing a 3x daily OMA-MCI, but they I lowered it to 1x and jacked up the price.  I make more money with the 1x flight because you can take the same plane more places while charging passengers more and more.  Its great!

"a whole different animal."

ealvarez

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: February 29, 2008, 04:59:43 am
at first i started doing multiple frequencies until i figured out how this simulation worked, in AE it was pretty much a must to do multiple flights to the same location, glad its not the case here  8)

ive been able to expand pretty fast and grow with this feature. altho there are some routes where it is pretty much a good idea to do more then one frequency, atleast if you are using a small prop. on those routes ive noticed even if my ticket prices are sky high and im the only one on the route, doing more then flight brings in a better profit. if your using larger aircraft with large passenger loads then id definitely agree there, 1 frequency is the best for you, and at the same time giving room to others.

i wouldnt begin to compare this to real world. theres many factors that arent around here, ever cancel flights due to weather, delays, etc...? thankfully thats not in our simulation.

also dont forget in the real world, you dont have 30 airlines trying to compete on a single route. if that was the case then the airlines would be in big financial troubles
rnesto Alvarez
Bayside Air

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
  • AM's official Spammer. Check my post counts.
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: February 29, 2008, 12:40:14 pm
Quote from: "travismb99"

There's no airline in the world that offers 1-euro fares on every seat on every flight between a given set of points.

you are wrong.  Jetstar offered 1 cent seats on some flights.

pck

• Airline Supervisor
  • Apportez-moi partout!
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: February 29, 2008, 12:47:22 pm
Quote from: "nwaboy"
Quote from: "travismb99"

AirAsia gave out 13, 000 seats free

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
  • AM's official Spammer. Check my post counts.
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: February 29, 2008, 12:49:35 pm
Either way...case closed. :)

Scandalian Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: February 29, 2008, 12:50:20 pm
Quote from: "nwaboy"

Probably just some seats to attract people, 3 seats at 1 cent, 3 at $1, 3 at $10 and so on.
You need to understand that no one gives anything for free. The 13.000 seats on AirAsia was almost guaranteed not entire flights with no paying pax...
img]http://www.lsn.se/televisionset/ScandalianAnimated.gif[/img]
Your skyrocket to elsewhere

travismb99

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: February 29, 2008, 06:09:44 pm
Umm, no, you haven't disproved my point. Case not closed by any means.

You just mentioned some airlines that offered some seats cheaply on some flights. That's fine. None of those airlines offer every seat on a given route for 1 euro.

I state again as a fact, there is no airline in the world which offers every seat on any given route for 1 euro.

AM's necessarily-simplified fare pricing system does not reflect real-world ability to price-discriminate within given flights, using "bucketed" fares that sell certain number of seats for a given price, then when those seats are full, bumping up the price.

MusicAIR

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: February 29, 2008, 11:16:44 pm
All of this boils down to a simple point.

Right now in the game, generally if you're running multiple frequencies, * edited for attack on players

The only time I have done it so far is when idiots come on a route I'm on and drop fares and run multiple frequencies.  Way to screw up the profitability for EVERYONE.  So, a large plane at 10x with 1 or 5 euro fares usually demonstrates how idiotic they are.

Comment removed by MrOrange.
img]http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/778/musicair2jo0.gif[/img]
[size=18]Our fares are crazier
than Britney Spears!
[/size]

MX - ID#9068
Proud partner airline in the FT Alliance.

thecoffeecake

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: March 01, 2008, 01:46:27 am
there are a lot of reasons. your just starting and dont have enough to buy another gate. theres one hour left on a plane so you just put 1.5 on a close route to fill it up. i dont do it but there r logical reasons

DVA 4890

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: March 01, 2008, 04:36:34 am
i like to run 1 but on short flights 50 miles i might run 2

travismb99

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: March 01, 2008, 05:31:03 am
Quote from: "thecoffeecake"
there are a lot of reasons. your just starting and dont have enough to buy another gate.

You can go into debt renting gates. Unless you're like, tens of millions of dollars in the hole, you can always rent gates.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk