Airline Mogul Forum

Airbus A300B1

Skyfox · 78 · 15042

RMAirlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: February 08, 2008, 01:58:47 pm
Well, I'll do better next time!
ly Atlantic Southeastern Airlines, your gateway to the Southeastern US and the Caribbean!
ID 8575

Dooskie III

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: February 08, 2008, 10:05:40 pm
Quote from: "Thanks_for_the_upgrade"
There he is!   :)

You gotta admit the plane really doesn't make any money when you use it like we did LOL.  Did you by chance notice the absurd costs of running the route when you were at 0%?  One of them I think was -25,000 euro.  PM me in game so we can work out a peace accord on some of the routes.

I was mainly interested in what the costs were going to be and how it compared to other planes. No need for a 'peace accord' as I'm sure you've already noticed that I've adjusted the planes and fares accordingly. It was a fun little exercise.  8)

Thanks_for_the_upgrade

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: February 08, 2008, 11:16:46 pm
They're schizophrenic planes to say the least.  They aren't as bad as the 747's but man if you don't get several criteria just right they're a waste of a hundred mill.  I only have a few routes running them now and they're against EuroPac.  Of course, being the players we are they're down to 1.5-2.5x at 70 for a wopping seven bucks in income.  :)
UnderwAir [6] - Est. 1969.   (hehe, 69)

epxair

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: February 09, 2008, 03:10:15 am
They're schizophrenic planes to say the least.  They aren't as bad as the 747's but man if you don't get several criteria just right they're a waste of a hundred mill.  I only have a few routes running them now and they're against EuroPac.  Of course, being the players we are they're down to 1.5-2.5x at 70 for a wopping seven bucks in income.  :)

you are not earning any if you do this to me......
because of the high cost of A300.......
i can give up the max profit of that route by having a low frequency of a small plane....
to force you to drop your airfare in order to get 100% LF......
uropacific Air.....id: 4659
A member of Universal Empire Alliance
Partners: British Airways, Vladivostok Avia, Virgin America, Airblue

designed by killian320

Thanks_for_the_upgrade

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: February 09, 2008, 03:17:07 am
I know I'm not making anything on it, I said that in two other posts.  It's solely a deterrent airplane for when someone tries to monopolize the route.  Most none of my A300's stay on their assigned route very long because eventually one of the players realizes that you can drop to 1X and charge 10x as much or something of the sort.  Then I go back and put a 737 or 727 on the route (or vice versa of course).  Dooskie did this once or twice to me when he went back to a 737 at say, .5x  and making a handsome profit while I was sitting there like a panhandler.  Since neither you nor I have done that yet, that's why i said the route is stalemated.

epxair

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: February 09, 2008, 03:27:27 am
that's why i stay alive because i am not tricked///
uropacific Air.....id: 4659
A member of Universal Empire Alliance
Partners: British Airways, Vladivostok Avia, Virgin America, Airblue

designed by killian320

Thanks_for_the_upgrade

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: February 09, 2008, 03:34:17 am
Quote from: "epxair"
that's why i stay alive because i am not tricked///

LOL.   ^  True.  

I'm just really competitive and stubborn.  :)

moondog

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: February 09, 2008, 04:08:36 pm
Quote from: "SeaBlue Pacific Air"
This is the most annoying plane in AM right now.  I deployed my Airbuses between big cities and it was fun seeing competition lower their prices way below optimal price.  However, in routes where I still use a Caravelle, some airliners use an Airbus.  I just realized this plane is so annoying.

This means more Airbus for me!  :D

One of the nice things about playing in Asia this round has been that the competition, including your airline, has been really kind/light-footed; our numbers are small enough, that we can continue to grow without chewing each other to pieces in the manner that's oft described in this forum.  

I bought 2 A300s, put them on somewhat trivial routes, and subsequently watched those routes turn into dust.  As such, I have no plans on buying any more 300s.  Rather, I'm pushing all 6 of my bases further and further out (in the region) with small planes (in addition to longhual, which is much less time consuming).  

You (and anyone else) can throw 300s at me until the cows come home and I'll adjust without the slightest tinge of anger.  That having been said, I think you'd be better served with smaller/faster planes (because not everyone is as kind as me and there are still lots of green fields out there).

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: February 09, 2008, 04:19:39 pm
The mistake that many people made was that they saw they'd get 300 seats on the A300 instead of 130 on the B727Adv. and thought that they'd get three times the money out of their routes :roll:

I've leased one A300, and on the high density routes it works really well!
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

Air2000

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: February 09, 2008, 10:05:49 pm
Quote from: "SeaBlue Pacific Air"
This is the most annoying plane in AM right now.  I deployed my Airbuses between big cities and it was fun seeing competition lower their prices way below optimal price.  However, in routes where I still use a Caravelle, some airliners use an Airbus.  I just realized this plane is so annoying.

This means more Airbus for me!  :D

Yes... ok.  :roll:     But...

Everyone new this was going to happen... it was discussed over the 747, L1011 and DC10 debates..... Big aircraft OVERKILL routes in the simulation, yeah understanably there are flaws, like No Business, First, Economy, which would make a A300 between big cities more suitable..... but Stephen carnt get it 100% accrute, he can only do what he can to make it realistic as he can, and hes doing pretty well.

What disapointed me was the bigger more experianced airlines jumping onto the overkill bandwagon. Within a couple of weeks these routes will escelate down to silly E25 flights etc.

Ive got to the point now where ive given up on flying in Continental Europe. Any routes that are not doing well will be chopped. Prioritory is on Long Haul expansion!
img]http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h304/dippidydanny/iberia2_h1.jpg[/img]
Iberia
You can find us in Round 3!
Bases: Palma (PMI) Malaga (APG) Madrid (MAD)

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: February 09, 2008, 11:27:02 pm
My competitors are putting these massive annoying things on every route imaginable and it's really ruining the game, especially since most of these guys are shooting for that unrealistic 100% LF. I'm ordering a few Tu-114s to reasonablly counter these and should be now focusing on buying tons of IL-62 for those flights that those guys won't be able to reach me.\

My opinoin is that this plane should cost more like 200 mil just due to it's capacity than anything else. Many people saw this coming.

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: February 09, 2008, 11:37:56 pm
Quote from: "LOT 737-300"

My opinoin is that this plane should cost more like 200 mil just due to it's capacity than anything else. .

I'd agree on that. Or at least it should cost 50-100 mio € more then the 727 or the TU154!!!
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

Thanks_for_the_upgrade

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: February 10, 2008, 12:08:07 am
Agreed on all accounts from everyone.

To slightly hijack the thread for a moment;

I'd hesitate to actually call this an "airline simulation" because the players aren't motivated by money and success as much as they are from spite and stubbornness (as I indicated about myself earlier) and the fact that nothing tangible is at stake... Like money.

In real life here in Cincinnati, Delta monopolizes CVG.  This on top of the exorbitant landing taxes makes CVG the most expensive airport in the the country to fly in to. This story from January 31, 2008 http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/stories/2008/01/28/daily40.html?ana=from_rss

Anyhow, what happens is you'll occasionally have small start up airlines come in, or even a legacy carrier will expand service;  Delta drops their fares to the toilet and end up running these airlines out of town within a year.  USA 3000 is the current airline vying for elbow room and I kid you not when I say they have black and white computer print outs taped to placards in the ticketing area.  So after a year or so of making absolutely no money the airlines - motivated by wanting to stay out of the dog house with their creditors and stock holders - close up shop and move on to more financially rewarding things....  Here in the game since we're only talking about imaginary money people make unfathomably horrible business decisions.  Things that if done in real life would be front page news due to the insanity.

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: February 10, 2008, 01:29:39 am
Agreed on all accounts from everyone.

To slightly hijack the thread for a moment;

I'd hesitate to actually call this an "airline simulation" because the players aren't motivated by money and success as much as they are from spite and stubbornness (as I indicated about myself earlier) and the fact that nothing tangible is at stake... Like money.

In real life here in Cincinnati, Delta monopolizes CVG.  This on top of the exorbitant landing taxes makes CVG the most expensive airport in the the country to fly in to. This story from January 31, 2008 http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/stories/2008/01/28/daily40.html?ana=from_rss

Anyhow, what happens is you'll occasionally have small start up airlines come in, or even a legacy carrier will expand service;  Delta drops their fares to the toilet and end up running these airlines out of town within a year.  USA 3000 is the current airline vying for elbow room and I kid you not when I say they have black and white computer print outs taped to placards in the ticketing area.  So after a year or so of making absolutely no money the airlines - motivated by wanting to stay out of the dog house with their creditors and stock holders - close up shop and move on to more financially rewarding things....  Here in the game since we're only talking about imaginary money people make unfathomably horrible business decisions.  Things that if done in real life would be front page news due to the insanity.

Now answer this, to chase out this competition, does DL order tons of 767s and 777s to CVG and push on 1 Dollar fares? EPWA (Warsaw, Poland) is also known to be under a monopoly (LOT) and is known to have higher landing fees (specifically for planes like 747), but it dosn't stop the LCCs from coming in and stealing LOT's pax. But then again, AM plays very differnetly from reality, which is a good thing, since you have to or else people won't play.

Thanks_for_the_upgrade

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: February 10, 2008, 03:12:41 am
WAW is alright, but you're correct, LOT owns it.  I love your country by the way.  

They don't drop it to one dollar (euro) no, but they do undercut the competition by $20-25.  These "upstart" airlines usually fly routes to tourist destinations like Florida and the Gulf and Atlantic coasts so the fares are generally $99-$150.  DL just adjusts their fares to $74-$100.  They know what their bottom line is on the route and with todays accountants, they won't go below it, that's why I recommended on another thread a script that won't allow you go below a 1 euro profit on a route.  For some planes that would mean a rock bottom fare of 35 euro and on another; 20.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk