Airline Mogul Forum

Airbus A300B1

Skyfox · 78 · 15054

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: February 10, 2008, 04:25:17 am
Quote from: "Thanks_for_the_upgrade"
WAW is alright, but you're correct, LOT owns it.  I love your country by the way.  

They don't drop it to one dollar (euro) no, but they do undercut the competition by $20-25.  These "upstart" airlines usually fly routes to tourist destinations like Florida and the Gulf and Atlantic coasts so the fares are generally $99-$150.  DL just adjusts their fares to $74-$100.  They know what their bottom line is on the route and with todays accountants, they won't go below it, that's why I recommended on another thread a script that won't allow you go below a 1 euro profit on a route.  For some planes that would mean a rock bottom fare of 35 euro and on another; 20.

I know what you mean, but then it goes back to whether or not the airline can pay off the gate (like I mentioned earlier, you also need to make enough to pay off the gate). Some would also complain of hte game losing it's competitive advantage (though I think if the two airlines talk it out, some good could come out of it.)

I should add I live in the US (Central Florida to be exact), but I have visted Poland once when I was younger (Polish Blood, pretty much all family lives there.) Should probebly plan to make another trip to visit. Watching the Polish Channels we get from Satillite, seems quite a bit has changed since i was last there in 94', but Poland is quite nice, espeically in the country side.

Thanks_for_the_upgrade

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: February 10, 2008, 04:33:06 am
Zacopane = heaven.  :)  

Go before they convert to the Euro if they haven't already.
UnderwAir [6] - Est. 1969.   (hehe, 69)

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: February 10, 2008, 05:20:36 am
I'd love to, but with so much school in the way for me these days, making the time to go is pretty hard.  :cry:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk