Airline Mogul Forum

Airbus A300B1

Skyfox · 78 · 15055

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: February 06, 2008, 12:07:57 am
I had a Beech that made 300K :P Only becuase it flew *quite* short routes.
British Pan Airways (BPA)

Serving London Heathrow to You and the Rest of the World!

Fly with our lie-flat beds in first and business class on all longhaul planes!

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

ALFC

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: February 06, 2008, 06:43:31 am
Quote from: "Skyfox"
Correction, i think ALFC's got 30 on order, Lusitana's got 50, and the other dudes got 70. Or maybe vice versa, forgot whos who, but thats alot of very high pax birds. Europes a nice little area, but im very concerned since i dont think the PAX is there to support them all, prices atleast are going to go wayyy down, especialy for smaller airlines that cant afford to dump one on every route.

correct, prices in CDG went from over 400 on most routes to under 200, which caused some competitors to leave the airport.
hence the a300 is a success story for me.
LFC - Melmac Spacelines

SeaBlue Pacific Air

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: February 06, 2008, 01:02:17 pm
This is the most annoying plane in AM right now.  I deployed my Airbuses between big cities and it was fun seeing competition lower their prices way below optimal price.  However, in routes where I still use a Caravelle, some airliners use an Airbus.  I just realized this plane is so annoying.

This means more Airbus for me!  :D

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: February 06, 2008, 01:53:25 pm
Quote from: "ALFC"
Correction, i think ALFC's got 30 on order, Lusitana's got 50, and the other dudes got 70. Or maybe vice versa, forgot whos who, but thats alot of very high pax birds. Europes a nice little area, but im very concerned since i dont think the PAX is there to support them all, prices atleast are going to go wayyy down, especialy for smaller airlines that cant afford to dump one on every route.

correct, prices in CDG went from over 400 on most routes to under 200, which caused some competitors to leave the airport.

and your customers :lol:

Skyfox

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: February 07, 2008, 01:23:36 am
Quote from: "ALFC"

If capitalism wherent so much fun, it would totaly suck.

zkvac

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • granturismoworld.piczo.com
Reply #50 on: February 07, 2008, 03:52:16 am
Ok, I will admit, if someone puts an A300 on a 4x freq it's a pain. (Edited because for some reason people took offense at it- Harden up!)
Public World #2119 - VincentAir (Australasia)

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: February 07, 2008, 07:02:56 am
Can someone edit the post above? It is not me zkvac is talking about but bad words which could provocate aggressive reaction should not be used here.
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: February 07, 2008, 07:43:08 am
I don't think idiot is too bad...

and actually I must say that 4x A300 is economic nonsense- can't think of a city pair that would support this :roll:
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

RMAirlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: February 07, 2008, 11:58:44 am
I use my 732s on my Tel Aviv-Europe routes. I think I'm just running too many long routes for them, like Oslo, Copenhagen and Casablanca.
ly Atlantic Southeastern Airlines, your gateway to the Southeastern US and the Caribbean!
ID 8575

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: February 07, 2008, 01:47:35 pm
Quote from: "RMAirlines"
I use my 732s on my Tel Aviv-Europe routes. I think I'm just running too many long routes for them, like Oslo, Copenhagen and Casablanca.

I recommend you look at some 150-200 seaters for those types of routes. They can make you quite a bit of cash if used properly (plus not get the route down to unprofitable 1 Euro as quickly too, knowing how CPH routes tend to be almost as busy as Gatwak routes for me.

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: February 07, 2008, 04:20:16 pm
Quote from: "RMAirlines"

What the heck? Ever looked into the Tu 154???
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

zkvac

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • granturismoworld.piczo.com
Reply #56 on: February 07, 2008, 06:25:51 pm
Quote from: "Blue Sky Mine"
I don't think idiot is too bad...

and actually I must say that 4x A300 is economic nonsense- can't think of a city pair that would support this :roll:

What about Orlando-JFK? The fare was about 200 euros, now down to 45.
Public World #2119 - VincentAir (Australasia)

Thanks_for_the_upgrade

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: February 08, 2008, 12:22:55 am
I have a route where I'm running 2.5x for 20 Euro....  

STRICTLY to prove a point to a competitor how bad of a business move it is who is doing the same routing.  The income for the plane is something like 26,000 Euro...  for 1510 passengers.  Dude, come on.  Anyway we did this back and forth during a 2 hour war today to several airports and eventually the point got across and we're back to 737/727's.  Only one route seems to be left for whatever reason, I think just to stalemate the route.  

Anyhow I noticed that while my LF stayed within +/- 1% and my daily passengers went up due to the A300's (during the little battle today) my DOP conversely went down about 3-4%.  The A300's seem to actually be a leach on your own DOP as well.
UnderwAir [6] - Est. 1969.   (hehe, 69)

Dooskie III

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: February 08, 2008, 12:58:08 am
Quote from: "Thanks_for_the_upgrade"
I have a route where I'm running 2.5x for 20 Euro....  

STRICTLY to prove a point to a competitor how bad of a business move it is who is doing the same routing.  The income for the plane is something like 26,000 Euro...  for 1510 passengers.  Dude, come on.  Anyway we did this back and forth during a 2 hour war today to several airports and eventually the point got across and we're back to 737/727's.  Only one route seems to be left for whatever reason, I think just to stalemate the route.  

Anyhow I noticed that while my LF stayed within +/- 1% and my daily passengers went up due to the A300's (during the little battle today) my DOP conversely went down about 3-4%.  The A300's seem to actually be a leach on your own DOP as well.

:wink:  8)

Thanks_for_the_upgrade

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: February 08, 2008, 06:01:12 am
There he is!   :)

You gotta admit the plane really doesn't make any money when you use it like we did LOL.  Did you by chance notice the absurd costs of running the route when you were at 0%?  One of them I think was -25,000 euro.  PM me in game so we can work out a peace accord on some of the routes.
UnderwAir [6] - Est. 1969.   (hehe, 69)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk