Airline Mogul Forum

Fleet Uniformity

sla31 · 70 · 15886

epxair

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: January 01, 2008, 11:00:47 am
i still have one B99 and that is the only one..which is not yet replaced.....lol

i still not which long haul aircrafts should i be using later.....
so better continue to expand my short haul network
uropacific Air.....id: 4659
A member of Universal Empire Alliance
Partners: British Airways, Vladivostok Avia, Virgin America, Airblue

designed by killian320

Scandalian Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: January 01, 2008, 11:48:42 am
At the start I bought what I could afford so I got me a Canadair CL-215-102. But since I am a Russian a/c lover I went on with 3 IL-14's.
Then I saw everyone buying Fokkers so I bought one of those as well, but it just didn't feel right so now I'm buying AN-24's.
I will probably try to stick to Russians on new purchases and pick up a bargain here and there on others. So my fleet won't be that uniform :)
img]http://www.lsn.se/televisionset/ScandalianAnimated.gif[/img]
Your skyrocket to elsewhere

CornField

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: January 01, 2008, 12:15:01 pm
Quote from: "sla31"
How did I know you were going to go with the DC-9's :lol:

Hey, if they hadn't doubled the price on the Tu-104,134 family since their last appearance in the game I would use them....

Your  Favorite Hometown Airline

MvH

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: January 01, 2008, 02:04:01 pm
Well I'm Dutch, so it's abvious I've got an all Fokker fleet (F27 & F28)  :wink:

killian320

• Airline Operative
  • Killiarney :P
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: January 01, 2008, 03:56:07 pm
I plan to go Ryanair-style and upgrade all aircraft to 732s.

AndyC

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: January 01, 2008, 04:07:34 pm
I will be letting the Beech 99's and An-2's go in Favour of the Herald 200 in the next few days.  8)
img]http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/6280/ewaysyj4.jpg[/img]

pocketbookbrando

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: January 02, 2008, 06:12:02 pm
In reality, airlines try to do this to simplify labor and maintenance costs.  They don't need to carry as many parts and have as many people certified on as many aircraft.  The costs in this game are minute compared to the real world, so this point really doesn't matter much.  I think people find a plane with the characteristics they like and they just go for it.  It's easier on the eyes and mind if you only have 3-4 types of aircraft to deal with.

bibi974

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: January 02, 2008, 06:34:49 pm
Quote from: "pocketbookbrando"
In reality, airlines try to do this to simplify labor and maintenance costs.  They don't need to carry as many parts and have as many people certified on as many aircraft.  The costs in this game are minute compared to the real world, so this point really doesn't matter much.  I think people find a plane with the characteristics they like and they just go for it.  It's easier on the eyes and mind if you only have 3-4 types of aircraft to deal with.

Sure it's better-looking and easier to read when you don't have too many different types. But in this age there are so many planes that are not that different, it is very very hard to decide for one or another. Too much choice compared to the last age, i am not so used to it yet.
Did they do it on purpose to offer so many planes so that the game is a bit slower and difficult/realistic?
URL=http://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/view_airline.php?id=5435][/URL]

You never rose that high!

pocketbookbrando

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: January 02, 2008, 06:39:13 pm
It was a fairly new industry.  Lots of players jockeying for spots.  Once planes started getting bigger, it cut down on the number of players.  It costs billions to develop an airplane like the 747.  That cuts out a ton of the smaller players.  Many of them stayed in aviation, but as suppliers moreso than those making their own planes.

CP Air

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: January 02, 2008, 10:11:01 pm
I'd like to stick with an all-Boeing fleet, but they(along with every other company) don't provide all the different types of a/c  for a large operation yet.  And not to get off-topic, but does anyone know if the DC-10 is going to make an appearance in this round?

pocketbookbrando

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: January 02, 2008, 11:00:29 pm
They still don't and don't care to.  That's why you have Canadair and Embraier (sp?).

RickyT

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: January 03, 2008, 03:13:21 am
At this stage of the game, I am sticking to the Fokkers (F-27-200/500) and Hawker Siddeley (HS-748 Srs 2A).

- The Fokkers would be deployed on regional short-haul routes (<1200 miles) and demand would dictate whether the -200 or -500 would be used.
    - The Hawker Siddeleys would be deployed on regional medium-haul routes (<2000 miles)
    - The Beechs would be used as a stop-gap aircraft and to open new bases/routes.
color=red]Virgin[/color]Australia (ID:1485) - Proud member of Openskies!
Global headquarters and major hub: Melbourne

bibi974

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: January 03, 2008, 06:03:53 am
Does it really matter wether you put  a quite high capacity plane on a relatively low density route?

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: January 03, 2008, 06:05:24 am
Quote from: "bibi974"
Does it really matter wether you put  a quite high capacity plane on a relatively low density route?

Affects other people on the same route

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

bibi974

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: January 03, 2008, 06:06:53 am
Quote from: "Jps"
Quote from: "bibi974"

Affects other people on the same route

It does matter then!

thx

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk