Airline Mogul Forum

Fleet Uniformity

sla31 · 70 · 15901

SJR

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: January 09, 2008, 12:06:55 pm
The old manager of Jet European who handed his airline to me was very much into uniformity with his fleet. I plan to continue this and have just taken the last two DHC6-100's out of service and introduced F27-400's. This means that from now on the smallest type Jet European will be operating is the F27-400 with the B737-200 already starting to takeover on many routes at Paris Orly.
img]Http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/672/jeaei8.jpg[/img]

Manager of Jet European Airlines Ltd

Airline I.D. 2044

SirThoreth

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: January 12, 2008, 01:18:50 am
Did I say 100 Antonov An-2P Colts?  My bad...it's now 208 Colts - I just ordered another 108.  :lol:
img]http://www.websown.com/~jdonahue/Mescalero.JPG[/img]
Mescalero Air - Lords of Ze Biplanes!
Current Fleet: 525 An-2P "Colts" - Yes, I am a madman.  It is well-known!

pocketbookbrando

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: January 12, 2008, 02:43:11 am
100 planes that small?  You must have a ton of time on your hands.  

"The old manager of Jet European who handed his airline to me was very much into uniformity with his fleet. I plan to continue this"

So when you see good deals on used planes and leased planes you're going to pass up on them and wait for a day for the sake of conformity when it in and of itself really provides no cost savings?

SeaBlue Pacific Air

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: January 12, 2008, 05:29:08 am
i will probably end up with only 4 types of planes.  my shorthaul plane is the caravelle 10b.  i'm now slowly introducing the 732 adv for my regionals.  not sure yet what i'm getting for my medium haul and long haul.  so far, it's working good for me.

SirThoreth

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: January 12, 2008, 06:46:11 am
Quote from: "pocketbookbrando"
100 planes that small?  You must have a ton of time on your hands.

I have 100 currently.  I have another 108 on order now.  Yes, I'm a madman.  :lol:

bibi974

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: January 12, 2008, 06:47:46 am
good luck to get rid  of them when you need to
URL=http://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/view_airline.php?id=5435][/URL]

You never rose that high!

pocketbookbrando

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: January 12, 2008, 04:03:32 pm
As long as you realize that a fleet of planes that small means you won't be in the top players in the game have at it.

SirThoreth

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: January 12, 2008, 05:41:32 pm
Quote from: "pocketbookbrando"
As long as you realize that a fleet of planes that small means you won't be in the top players in the game have at it.

Kinda a given, yeah.   :)

Quote from: "bibi974"
good luck to get rid  of them when you need to

Or not.  :P

No, seriously, though, I have neither the intention, nor the need to get rid of them.  One of the funny things is I can throw a Colt at high frequency at a bigger airport, fill its seats each flight, and still be able to charge a dirt cheap price, while turning a profit.  I don't care about becoming a bigger airline - I played that game last round, and found nothing but irritation and frustration as I hit every major route in the US that I could, only to have all my good routes destroyed by competition, as people started dropping Sud Est and Super Connies at 6+ frequency, for 1 Euro prices.

To hell with that.  I figured I'd do something completely off the wall this time around, and would instead hit every single route within 557 nm of my own bases, and would fill in all the smaller routes at my Allies bases that they can't/won't take.  Example: one of my allies, Great Leader Airways, only flies Communist routes from his base in NK.  That means he leaves all the South Korean and Japanese bases within range completely alone, which I then can take care of.  TahoeXpress, my other ally, is ignoring the smaller routes out of his west coast cities in North America.  I take care of those.  Great Leader, then, can take care of San Francisco, Berkeley, and other select routes in the People's Republics of California and Massachusetts (hey, I live in California, I can make that joke.  :lol: )

I went into this intending to be a small regional carrier, and intending to use one of my favorite Real Life(tm) aircraft, the An-2P - someone used to fly one out of KMYF, where I got my own flight training.  If the FAA weren't being such asshats about them/me (minor medical issues have me temporarily grounded), I'd probably seek to buy one after I finish flight training, and set it up as a water bomber, something we just don't have enough of here in SoCal.  They're great aircraft.

So, yeah, making my own fun this time around.  And, trust me, 209 Antonovs?  I will have every single one of those in use by the end of next week (factoring in the time it'll take me to create all those routes, and my own Real Life(tm) obligations.).

bibi974

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: January 12, 2008, 06:58:04 pm
good luck with that :D
it's always fun to find a way to have fun
enjoy!
URL=http://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/view_airline.php?id=5435][/URL]

You never rose that high!

SJR

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: January 12, 2008, 09:38:08 pm
No what i do when i see a plane that has a good purchase price that doesnt fit my fleet is buy it and sell it off for a greater price. Only do this with aircraft i expect to be able to sell though. Last round the old manager did the same mostly with Comet 1's and Comet 2's and any that didnt sell within 48hrs would be included in the fleet.
img]Http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/672/jeaei8.jpg[/img]

Manager of Jet European Airlines Ltd

Airline I.D. 2044

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk