:cry:
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: December 31, 2007, 12:42:25 pm
It's just that I'm having a hard time imagining his mature side. Usually, mature people who act like kids have a zoo in their back yard.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: December 31, 2007, 12:44:32 pm
Quote from: "MrOrange"
It's just that I'm having a hard time imagining his mature side. Usually, mature people who act like kids have a zoo in their back yard.

:shock: You spying on me?
D Express (id 616) 8)

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: December 31, 2007, 12:47:23 pm
Crap.

*tries to escape*

(Note: the above should by no means be seen as an excuse to start another italicized-comment-"action"-thread. Inappropriate posts will be deleted.)

BigDerriAir[FT]

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: December 31, 2007, 05:00:06 pm
Two come to mind. Alitalia FCO-CDG... flight itself wasnt' bad at all. It was trying to get on it that sucked although in comparison to other nightmares it was minor. On honeymoon and taking the early flight out of Rome to Paris to have a full day. Had I known about morning fog in Rome I woulda gone to PAR the night before! The 6 morning flights, cancelled. After two hours of trying to get my luggage back (and finally succeeding) I managed to bludgeon groundstaff into endorsing my tix over to AF. Made zero difference... except now the groundstaff were contract and cared even less. In the end we got punted BACK to Alitalia and on the 1 PM flight when we shoulda been on the 6 AM.

It gets better. WE MISS THE FLIGHT. Being stupid Americans we trust the screens showing gate info and stay in the lounge. Only then do I find out that the posted gate was not only incorrect, it was 5 gate changes ago! We track down the right gate about 10 minutes after they close the door. Back to the lounge, lather, rinse, repeat. Rebooked on 3:20 flight. This time we learn and go to the gate an hour early. Same gate change gauntlet... except this time no one knows where they moved the flight. Finally wandering in desperation I see a line of people filing out a door down to a bus. Gate has ZERO info posted whatsoever. I go ask the GA if it's AZxxx and she nods. We kinda looked at each other and shrugged and figured if it wasn't we'd figure it out when we got wherever the hell the plane was going (it was the right flight). Only other issue would be that the MD-80 was almost as clean as the Flatbush Ave subway platform in New York and everyone stuffed everything they owned into the first four bins so we had no overhead space. The FA's just shrugged and strapped our hand-luggage to two empty seats. At least the beer was good. :)

Second was just flipping horrible. Flying AA from MIA to LHR. Despite knowing better I don't bother to check the seat out before we push. I'm so exhausted I crash out the moment I sit down and strap in. Wake up about 25 minutes after takeoff and go to swivel the seat so I can recline. No go. I call the FA, he can't get it working either. The manual controls don't work, so somehow the thing jammed. EVERY seat on the flight was full (overbooked) so they had no place to put me... so I spent what was supposed to be sleep-time sitting bolt upright for 8 hours. AA did make good on the flight though and gave me an MCO for the one-way cost of the ticket and the miles back from the upgrade. I'dve rather had the sleep though; I managed to reschedule meetings to the afternoon but was still a wreck.
img]http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/2/5/8/9/0/3/webimg/94956616_o.jpg[/img]

Daniel Doorgakant

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: January 01, 2008, 12:00:20 pm
I'm waiting for Stephen to share his  :twisted:

Quote from: "StephenM"
Quote from: "Hampo"
THe worst flight in the word that could possibly happen is being sat next to dktc for 12 hours  :shock:

How could you say such a thing?  :P

Would you make a proper post! :P
Daniel Doorgakant
Airline Mogul Administrator

EXTspotter

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: January 01, 2008, 01:25:38 pm
Ryanair FR3125 from Valladolid (VLL) In Central Spain to London Stansted (STN) last year. It was 3 hours delayed and we were stuck in the tiny departure lounge for 4 hours. Boarding was the normal running for the stairs, we were aboard EI-CSN (The plane of evil) which follows me about and I flew on a few years before - London Stansted (STN) to Treviso (TSF) (FR advertises it as Venice) in Northern Italy. The plane is the old cloth interior, the cabin stunk like cheap perfume and cattle, the plane was dirty on the inside, the seats were ass-numbbing and the seat pocket was filled with used chewing gum.
ho said aviation sites were sexist?

jameswyhk

• Airline Supervisor
  • So inactive...
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: January 01, 2008, 01:28:52 pm
All flights on Cathay Pacific and Dragonair.

------

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: January 01, 2008, 01:35:25 pm
Quote from: "jameswyhk"

Care to explain? They are both quite good :?
D Express (id 616) 8)

jameswyhk

• Airline Supervisor
  • So inactive...
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: January 01, 2008, 01:36:31 pm
Quote from: "dktc"

Those FAs were unkind to me.

------

blumage

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: January 01, 2008, 02:17:21 pm
Quote from: "dktc"

Those FAs were unkind to me.

LOL u must have done something bad!! I must say that CX FAs are good. I noticed on Mmy MNL-HKG flight that they were so kind and helpful especially with passenger carrying children. HKG-LAX sad to say but im a little bit clumsy and i managed to loose my passport, I immediately received full assistance from CX FAs. Luckily I found my Passport. HKG-AMS I should have taken the flight to Amsterdam but due to some problems with my documents they boarded my on a HKG-FCO(Rome) flight since the flight for FCO was supposed to depart earlier they halted the flight and made us catch it. Once again full assistance from both ground and Flight crew. Regarding KA i cant say how they serve and treat passengers, I only took a codeshare flight it was Codeshared with Air China to Tianjin, Flight was horrible but food great, FAs need more training only 2 FAs serving the whole plane, Which in fact was a boeing something(I dont remember now the type) but it  could have carried 150 pax.

ID 5228
And if we like to over do things just Imagine what is like to be our Guest!
Proud Member of BlueSkies

jameswyhk

• Airline Supervisor
  • So inactive...
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: January 01, 2008, 02:18:07 pm
Only Singapore Airlines' FAs treated me nicely.

------

blumage

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: January 01, 2008, 02:41:01 pm
Only Singapore Airlines' FAs treated me nicely.

Oh the Singapore Girl, now I understand. :D

ID 5228
And if we like to over do things just Imagine what is like to be our Guest!
Proud Member of BlueSkies

NIKO

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: January 06, 2008, 03:27:10 am
My worst flight was in 1996 when i was only 4 :P didn't remember much but my parents did. it was on a British Midland 737 Glasgow - Las Palmas.  for a 4 1/2 hour flight the toilets wernt working! and  my mum had to hold up the tray that hold your food because it was broken.

Vamerica

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Welcome Aboard Virgin America
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: January 06, 2008, 03:58:19 am
Worst was ether Ted from Den-RNO or United LAX-SYD.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk