Airline Mogul Forum

Your Worst Flight Ever

blue25 · 77 · 12548

Triple_7

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: December 30, 2007, 05:45:22 pm
But what was so bad about Malaysia?

Malaysia has great flight crews, great food....but their economy is the worst I've ever had to endure.  The seats are firm and not comfortable what so ever to me, a little narrow, and if your long legged as in my case your knees are pushing into the seat in front of you.  At least with AA there was actually decent room and my knees didn't even touch the next seat.  That leg room MH boasts about must be in Buisness :?  Then came the recline feature.  They really boast about the 34 inch pitch.  Its great except when the guy ahead of you uses it.  Already had no leg room, he reclined literally pinning my legs...there was no way I could get up if I wanted to.

Overall I would fly them maybe on a short flight...but never two 14+ hour long hauls.  I just wasn't impressed with the comfort factor for the price I paid.  I could stretch out completely on a little AA ERJ-145...had plenty of room on the 757 & MD-83....my something as big as a 747-400 and I found myself a prisoner of my seat  :cry:

This rather sounded as if your experiences with US ground staff weren't quite that good

Ground staff in most airports...not a problem...LAX customs department...I think I'd rather die then go through that again :roll:  I work in veal and hog barns...We literally treat our livestock with more respect, the only thing LAX is missing is cattle prods :!:

If only every airport could be like little Fort Wayne (FWA)...they have awards for their ground staff.  Always friendly smiles, treats everyone like a human instead of livestock.  Greats each person as they come through the gate...after a long trip touching down at FWA and stepping into the terminal....you know your home :D   The gate agent actually remembered me after 3 weeks, he was the one who checked me in when I left.  Instead of the usual hello I was asked how Taiwan was :shock:  Soon as you walk out of the security area upon return you are greeted again by someone handing out cookies to whoever wants them (just sugar cookies in little plastic bags but actually quite tasty...usually its an older person generally a women, always feels like a homely touch 8)  Staff tend to remember people if there was something unusual...like going international...they don't get to many people through there who are headed out of the country other then maybe Mexico or Canada...so someone heading to farther then North America usually sticks in someones mind.  You go through FWA and it really spoils you knowing how your treated at most major airports.

But FWA is a very small regional airport with only a hand full of flights a day.  Till Allegiant Air moved in shortly after my return the largest passenger birds to land at FWA were 50 seat ERJ-s and CRJ-s.  The staff are not constantly hit with floods of people.  They say be at the airport 2 hours ahead of time...at FWA you can check in, chat with the staff, get through security while having a conversation with them also, and make it to your gate in a minute.  Just so your there before check-in closes your fine.  You simply can not beat the FWA experience... :lol:
ast Real Flight...Taiwan 2006...July 30th Through August 19th...FWA-DFW-LAX-TPE.....TPE-LAX-ORD-FWA.

blumage

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: December 30, 2007, 06:10:00 pm
Quote from: "Triple_7"
But what was so bad about Malaysia?

Malaysia has great flight crews, great food....but their economy is the worst I've ever had to endure.  The seats are firm and not comfortable what so ever to me, a little narrow, and if your long legged as in my case your knees are pushing into the seat in front of you.  At least with AA there was actually decent room and my knees didn't even touch the next seat.  That leg room MH boasts about must be in Buisness :?  Then came the recline feature.  They really boast about the 34 inch pitch.  Its great except when the guy ahead of you uses it.  Already had no leg room, he reclined literally pinning my legs...there was no way I could get up if I wanted to.

Overall I would fly them maybe on a short flight...but never two 14+ hour long hauls.  I just wasn't impressed with the comfort factor for the price I paid.  I could stretch out completely on a little AA ERJ-145...had plenty of room on the 757 & MD-83....my something as big as a 747-400 and I found myself a prisoner of my seat  :cry:

This rather sounded as if your experiences with US ground staff weren't quite that good

Ground staff in most airports...not a problem...LAX customs department...I think I'd rather die then go through that again :roll:  I work in veal and hog barns...We literally treat our livestock with more respect, the only thing LAX is missing is cattle prods :!:

If only every airport could be like little Fort Wayne (FWA)...they have awards for their ground staff.  Always friendly smiles, treats everyone like a human instead of livestock.  Greats each person as they come through the gate...after a long trip touching down at FWA and stepping into the terminal....you know your home :D   The gate agent actually remembered me after 3 weeks, he was the one who checked me in when I left.  Instead of the usual hello I was asked how Taiwan was :shock:  Soon as you walk out of the security area upon return you are greeted again by someone handing out cookies to whoever wants them (just sugar cookies in little plastic bags but actually quite tasty...usually its an older person generally a women, always feels like a homely touch 8)  Staff tend to remember people if there was something unusual...like going international...they don't get to many people through there who are headed out of the country other then maybe Mexico or Canada...so someone heading to farther then North America usually sticks in someones mind.  You go through FWA and it really spoils you knowing how your treated at most major airports.

But FWA is a very small regional airport with only a hand full of flights a day.  Till Allegiant Air moved in shortly after my return the largest passenger birds to land at FWA were 50 seat ERJ-s and CRJ-s.  The staff are not constantly hit with floods of people.  They say be at the airport 2 hours ahead of time...at FWA you can check in, chat with the staff, get through security while having a conversation with them also, and make it to your gate in a minute.  Just so your there before check-in closes your fine.  You simply can not beat the FWA experience... :lol:

I see u took the MH flight that leaves LAX, the flight to Kuala Lumpur via TPE.
I remember an MH flight departing on the next gate that was beside my CX flight to HKG.Hehe the flight was after midnight. Im wondering if it's the same MH flight. Btw I know this MH guy that will flame you if he sees ur comment about Mh.Hahaha. Im sad to know that u didnt find in MH the so called Malaysian Hospitality. Try to search on you tube this is MH and tell me if that is really how it feels to ride MH. But strangely in contrast to my AA i rate AA one of the worst

ID 5228
And if we like to over do things just Imagine what is like to be our Guest!
Proud Member of BlueSkies

Triple_7

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: December 30, 2007, 06:54:42 pm
I see u took the MH flight that leaves LAX, the flight to Kuala Lumpur via TPE.
I remember an MH flight departing on the next gate that was beside my CX flight to HKG.Hehe the flight was after midnight. Im wondering if it's the same MH flight.

Yep...MH 95 according to my old ticket stubs it was supposed to depart at 1:40AM for TPE.  The flight back to LAX (MH 94) arrives at 6:30PM or in my case it ended up being more like 7:45PM.  Those are the only MH flights to LAX.  When was your CX flight?

Try to search on you tube this is MH and tell me if that is really how it feels to ride MH.

Sure it is...if your in first or business :roll:   That ad is just like every other airline ad.  They show people relaxing in big comfy beds, or stretched out with tons of leg room.  They use only the first and business class seats in detail for those ads.  Only caught one glimpse of the economy section in the entire ad and it really only showed the tops of the seats...you cant see the cramped leg room.

The staff, food etc is great but the seating is a bit ridiculous.  When you spend about a $1000 just for those 2 flights you expect better comfort. :?  Its just way to cramped for a long haul :cry:
ast Real Flight...Taiwan 2006...July 30th Through August 19th...FWA-DFW-LAX-TPE.....TPE-LAX-ORD-FWA.

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: December 30, 2007, 07:48:00 pm
Dunno, I never flew them on transpac (only FRA-KUL and KUL-Australia). Although I must admit that SQ is better in many terms I still love the MH FA's and groundstaff. Their hub isn't too bad either, but it's no comparison to SIN.
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

blumage

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: December 30, 2007, 07:52:50 pm
Yep...MH 95 according to my old ticket stubs it was supposed to depart at 1:40AM for TPE. The flight back to LAX (MH 94) arrives at 6:30PM or in my case it ended up being more like 7:45PM. Those are the only MH flights to LAX. When was your CX flight?

So my memory was right, my flight also left LAX at that same time I remember MH pax boarding their flight 10min before mine.(they we're near Cx's gate) The flight was to KL via TPE. If ur asking about the time of my CX flight to HKG it was almost at the same time as MH's if ur asking about the period it was last year. Well it really depends on the plane I also took onetime a CX flight were seats were really small and I had a hard time in it. Strange though for a B747 but luckily the flight was only 2hrs. only. You must have been unlucky, but try making a long haul with AA, I couldn't stand a 3hrs flight, Im dreading a 8hrs and above flight.But one thing I can assure you My money on that CX flight was worth it, nice FAs, good IFE and tasty food outbound from HKG, they were serving food made in restaurants and not in catering. I nvr flew business and first, only economy :cry:  but I was lucky enough to fly with a lot of airlines. I think i flew with almost every European airline, some Asian and only one American. Sometimes my choices are influenced by Alliance partners. I choose airlines that will make me earn miles, speaking about miles Im wondering what happened on my last flight with BA.
If you ever gonna fly with an European Airline i recommend British airways and Austrian Airlines. Both Airlines dont offer much refreshments like other do but they're the experience was quite good. On BA i got to try AVOD system. Although i hear its normal on emirates.But anyway wish u better luck on ur next flight. btw CX's commercial show economy class , the one i saw was a crowded economy, but you can avail of their service straight from the heart and CXstudio. CX should pay me LOL i talk so good about the airline.

ID 5228

blumage

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: December 30, 2007, 08:02:01 pm
Quote from: "Blue Sky Mine"
Dunno, I never flew them on transpac (only FRA-KUL and KUL-Australia). Although I must admit that SQ is better in many terms I still love the MH FA's and groundstaff. Their hub isn't too bad either, but it's no comparison to SIN.

Well SQ beats almost every airline in the world. It's always first in everything.
1st to fly the A380 for example. Btw congratulation to SQ for being the best airline in the world in 2007, stealing the recognition from CX winner of 2005 and 2006. But i have to Admit CX is cutting down on many costs, offering less service to its passengers.

ID 5228

pck

• Airline Supervisor
  • Apportez-moi partout!
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: December 31, 2007, 12:48:09 am
Btw I know this MH guy that will flame you if he sees ur comment about MH

u talking bout me, ain't ya?

and Triple_7, if u realized, u took the worst MH route... If you took KUL-LHR or whatever, you'll see a big difference...

Hampo

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: December 31, 2007, 01:12:38 am
THe worst flight in the word that could possibly happen is being sat next to dktc for 12 hours  :shock:

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: December 31, 2007, 01:24:43 am
Quote from: "Hampo"
THe worst flight in the word that could possibly happen is being sat next to dktc for 12 hours  :shock:

Have you done it? :D
British Pan Airways (BPA)

Serving London Heathrow to You and the Rest of the World!

Fly with our lie-flat beds in first and business class on all longhaul planes!

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

Hampo

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: December 31, 2007, 01:48:33 am
No, and never will  :shock:

I'd jump out of the plane!

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: December 31, 2007, 09:32:37 am

How could you say such a thing?  :P
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

blumage

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: December 31, 2007, 09:38:51 am
Quote from: "pck"
Btw I know this MH guy that will flame you if he sees ur comment about MH

u talking bout me, ain't ya?

and Triple_7, if u realized, u took the worst MH route... If you took KUL-LHR or whatever, you'll see a big difference...

LOL, well to tell the truth I was really thinking about you when i wrote that, but there are also other Loyal MH ppol i know.

ID 5228

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: December 31, 2007, 12:30:59 pm
Quote from: "StephenM"

How could you say such a thing?  :P

Because Hampo has the idea that i fancy him :roll:

Actually, I am quite the gentleman on a plane, with my mature side showing :wink:
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: December 31, 2007, 12:32:33 pm
Sounds absolutely disgusting :lol:

blue25

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: December 31, 2007, 12:41:23 pm