Airline Mogul Forum

Private Worlds?

blue25 · 58 · 8669

blue25

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
on: June 05, 2008, 09:24:13 pm
How much do you believe they'll cost [token wise]? I know they are not finished. :wink:
Alto Airlines [ID: 2167]

Midwest15

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 03:30:54 am
I was wondering the same thing, Im thinking it will be 60+ tokens because I know most of us have 100+ tokens as is and if we all start private worlds it would prolly flood the system. But since private worlds wont be for awhile no need to worry how much its going to cost to create one
etting the Standard for Commuter Airlines...

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 03:56:24 am
It will vary based on the contents of the world at set-up.

the smallest and "lowest quality" (based on airport content) world will likely cost 5 or 10 more tokens then simply joining a world, however. IIRC, it is (at that cost) 1 year round, 11 players "default" maximum, 3 focus cities, 1 start plane, 2 start gates, 500k start cash, the "idle/join" allow time will be 3 days, it will NOT be password protected, and the airports are Argentina only (I mean no offense to Argentinians who play, it's simply the way the present airport database looks to the formula) which means it's only in the 50s for a total airport count.  (This is likely to be an accurate token cost for this world, as that is likely to be the absolute floor for cost in terms of tokens for any world.)

Setting tweaks (i.e. reducing the idle/join time, making the game longer, etc.) will be possible, however, they will come at additional token cost.

Again, if I recall correctly, a default setting 1 year round for the full world will be about 360 or 370 tokens.  this is subject to change however, thereby cannot be taken as a final amount or range at any significant level of confidence.

Finally, I repeat, If your country is possible (or not possible) to be created as a private world, and it costs more (or less) then another country, it is in no way meant to offend the sensitive/patriotic.  It's simply a method for us to appropriately charge based upon what we perceive the "quality" of the game play/experience to be.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 09:45:15 am
How much will tokens cost?

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 09:59:00 am
Not decided yet, could be anything from 10c up to at most 50c each. It will be decided later.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

Cheung Airlines

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 10:07:55 am
Quote from: "StephenM"
Not decided yet, could be anything from 10c up to at most 50c each. It will be decided later.

cents?
AUD / USD / GBP / NZD / HKD .....?

My ID: |||||||||  - ||||||||||||||||
             A M ID:  1  02 5   2    (0)

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 10:10:10 am
Quote from: "Cheung Airlines"
Quote from: "StephenM"

cents?
AUD / USD / GBP / NZD / HKD .....?

Pounds Stirling use Pence. All currency in AM both real and in-game is Euro.
Stephen Murphy

Cheung Airlines

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 06, 2008, 10:16:32 am
HKD$6/token...... Almost equal to 1 NZD....

*Dreaming about the days before when 4.7 HKD = 1 NZD :cry: *

My ID: |||||||||  - ||||||||||||||||
             A M ID:  1  02 5   2    (0)

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: June 06, 2008, 10:22:18 am
That means a full world, for one year (game time, only 12 real days), will cost between €36 (semi-reasonable) and over €150 (far too high).

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: June 06, 2008, 11:25:23 am
*has about €30 still left from his trip to venice :twisted: *

*now needs to find it*

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: June 06, 2008, 12:56:56 pm
Quote from: "CHR"
That means a full world, for one year (game time, only 12 real days), will cost between €36 (semi-reasonable) and over €150 (far too high).

Well you can guess that it will be closer to the €36 than €150.
Stephen Murphy

fenati2

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: June 06, 2008, 02:45:44 pm
i didint really get it... whats the point of private worlds? and if i "buy" a pvt world, anyone can join it? the tokens i already have can also be used? and why is a 1 year round only? isnt it too low?
enair - Connecting Europe Smartly

SkinnyRabbit

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: June 06, 2008, 03:02:00 pm
It is actually a 10 year round.

Also, with private worlds you can make up the starter stuff for the world, what type of map it is and etc. An example is - you make the starting plane a 737-300, and they give you a cash amount of 10,000,000 instead of the stingy stuff they give you now.  :P

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: June 06, 2008, 03:10:33 pm
Firstly you can customise everything to your exact specifications (like started aircraft, starter cash, area of the world, exact date etc.).
Secondly, there will be the option to put a password on the world.
Thirdly, it is not limited to one year, one year is the minimum, and previous posts were giving us a rough idea of what the cheapest worlds available would be. However, if you choose to go for 10 years, this would drastically increase the cost of the world (perhaps even by 10 times the amount).

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: June 06, 2008, 03:59:32 pm
I want the ability to create a world with a lenght of I would say 30 years with half resets (when half the airlines routes and aircraft are wiped off) every 10 years

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk