Airline Mogul Forum

Private Worlds?

blue25 · 58 · 8650

fenati2

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: June 06, 2008, 07:00:26 pm
Quote from: "iranair777"
I want the ability to create a world with a lenght of I would say 30 years with half resets (when half the airlines routes and aircraft are wiped off) every 10 years

that would be really cool!
enair - Connecting Europe Smartly

Virgin Serbia

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: June 06, 2008, 07:08:56 pm
When purchasing a private world, will it be able to restart after it ends? Or will it be a use once world?
O0 Lotus Airlines of India (PW#2650) •

A380US

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: June 06, 2008, 09:24:11 pm
how many tokens does it cost to join a private world
is ti still 30?
or does it depend?
ttp://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinelogos/2709.png
ID 2709

blue25

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: June 06, 2008, 09:26:07 pm
If it's 30, that'd be awesome. Know the staff here, they'll make it much higher than we think :roll:
Alto Airlines [ID: 2167]

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #19 on: June 06, 2008, 09:35:35 pm
Quote from: "blue25"
Know the staff here, they'll make it much higher than we think :roll:

Are we talking the same "staff" that has provided you with a FREE game for all this time?

Highway robbery, I guess. :roll:

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: June 06, 2008, 09:47:50 pm
Quote from: "blue25"
If it's 30, that'd be awesome. Know the staff here, they'll make it much higher than we think :roll:

Yeah, that's based on previous prices for AM right? If you want to give AM the financial backing to keep it free, let me know. Otherwise I think the €0 price tag to play AM is just about right for some people.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: June 06, 2008, 10:08:04 pm
let's see... to answer/state in order of seen.

1 year, default settings is the "base" price.  password protection, alterations to settings, each additional year, etc. all come at an additional token fee.  additional years (likely) are a flat fee actually, not a substantial multiplier.  the two real impacts on the server that necessitate the fee for additional length are hard drive space (it does take up some, but we have substantial amount at the moment. comparative to what a single world takes up), and processing time in the hourly script.  neither are immensely impacted by the length of the game, so there's no need for exponential charges in that arena.  The longest possible game at the moment is from the first aircraft in the database (1919 or 1920, i forget which offhand), to the last piece of fuel data in the database at the time (presently 2007).

If you buy it and it's password protected, only those who you give the password to (and/or those who crack or otherwise snag the password) can join.  Stephen and myself are also likely to be allowed access to any world, as airlines or otherwise, regardless of passwords.  If you don't password protect it, yes. anyone can join.

Private worlds are one-use worlds, just like public worlds.  plus side, we can preserve records for you as to ranks, routes, and other things.  down side (i suppose), yoif you wish to create another private world, it'll cost you tokens.  As much as I'm sticking to my policy that no matter how "fancy" a private world can get, you will always be able to (given enough time) create any world for free.

Joining a private world is a flat 30 tokens, the only difference between private and public worlds as far as token fees go is (and should be, provided it isn't bugged and hiding on me) that if you are NOT in any worlds and have LESS THAN 30 tokens, you're allowed into any public world. you ALWAYS need 30 tokens to join a private world, no exceptions.

(sorry about the out of order-ness of this one): Half year resets... interesting, however the current code cannot fully support it.  additionally, how would you (theoretically) regulate which planes, routes, etc are wiped out? half by what measure (value, quantity...)?  please us a suggestion thread for the response to this question, and provide any additional detail you can.  i'll think about it, and see how it ranks on my present list of "feature" priorities, even if I love the idea it's gotta generally have more merit then other projects i need to do.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: June 06, 2008, 10:28:59 pm
Just want to point out... "joining" a private world is not "creating" or "starting" or "initiating".
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Gaius

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: June 06, 2008, 11:35:43 pm
Air Ebola-

Thanks for replying and clairfying things!

One question. For the "Creator" it will cost more token to add features like the year length etc etc than just joining correct?

Also if the creator of private world needs to pay more, why not give him the power to kick somebody out, since it is his world after all. But there still need to be protection against that since they could kick high ranking people out or whatsover. Who knows what goes on in people minds.

Thanks again for your answer! I'm looking forward into seeing all of your hard work paying out!

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: June 06, 2008, 11:59:24 pm
Quote from: "Air Elbonia"

(sorry about the out of order-ness of this one): Half year resets... interesting, however the current code cannot fully support it.  additionally, how would you (theoretically) regulate which planes, routes, etc are wiped out? half by what measure (value, quantity...)?  please us a suggestion thread for the response to this question, and provide any additional detail you can.  i'll think about it, and see how it ranks on my present list of "feature" priorities, even if I love the idea it's gotta generally have more merit then other projects i need to do.

Yay! someone listened to me :p

Anyway, What I mean is a totally random selection of a airlines fleet and routes that those planes have on them already, so for example if a plane is going to be wiped off the airline, then the routes that that plane flys also is deleted. This makes things fair to a extent as everyone will be affected in the same way as its random but the only problem remains which is the difference in everybodies amount of aircraft that they own. Although this wont really affect anything much

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: June 07, 2008, 12:53:11 am
Quote from: "Gaius"
Also if the creator of private world needs to pay more, why not give him the power to kick somebody out, since it is his world after all. But there still need to be protection against that since they could kick high ranking people out or whatsover. Who knows what goes on in people minds.

World Creators will have admin powers over their world.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

blue25

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: June 08, 2008, 12:56:25 pm
How's it coming. Maybe we can beta-test a world before it's released :wink:
Alto Airlines [ID: 2167]

Dan380

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: June 08, 2008, 01:32:09 pm
Can you give us an idea of how many tokens a reasonable private wols should cost?

Say, A password-protected world, UK only, for 20 people, over the course of 5 years?

Just an idea would be nice, I know nothing's set in stone yet.
img]http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6036/scandinaviair2smallsy1.jpg[/img]

Pavel

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: June 08, 2008, 01:44:53 pm
Hmmm..... This gives me an idea. Trading tokens for Aircrafts?
Pavel

DVA 4890

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: June 08, 2008, 01:52:23 pm
Quote from: "new-at-flying"
Hmmm..... This gives me an idea. Trading tokens for Aircrafts?

Nice idea 10 tonkes will get you a 737

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk