Airline Mogul Forum

it is very tired edit nearly 100 routes daily

o_o · 53 · 10491

Siro

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: May 22, 2008, 01:10:12 pm
Aren't we all forgetting.....

Once the Price of the Route get's to be unprofitable people stop running them except in a non competitive way????

I disagree with the bot handling of these things... but hey... I kinda find the knowledge that if two or more people were to run these bots... they would probably stuff them selves up pretty badly fairly quickly by running routes at a constant loss :D
iro Out

yourefired

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: May 23, 2008, 03:22:52 am
Quote from: "Fleur-de-Lis"
I have thousands of routes, and the ones that require editing, I estimate are (currently) less than 250 a day.

Depends on your competition's mentality:

- Reasonable people can be convinced to share loads at reasonable load factors (85% +).
- Some people will require that you achieve route load equilibrium (100% all aircraft) as soon as possible. This is beneficial for all airlines actually, if you really look at it.
- Some will be satisfied with loads over 75% and won't edit till it drops below that.
- Some are completely childish and/or selfish, and will cut you by $1 multiple times a day, no matter how much you lower the price, or match theirs. These require special attention, and constant monitoring.

I know four of the top five airlines in my world (#3), and none of these uses any cheats, scripts, or unfair playing styles. Just lots of hard work.

I fall within the first group. However I expect the competitor to contact me first to solicit such an arrangement. Until then I will keep fare-warring (since Stephen seems to expect us all to act like Ryanair).

Air Canada, LLC (Private W224)

zkvac

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • granturismoworld.piczo.com
Reply #47 on: May 23, 2008, 05:33:12 am
Quote from: "yourefired"

I fall within the first group. However I expect the competitor to contact me first to solicit such an arrangement. Until then I will keep fare-warring (since Stephen seems to expect us all to act like Ryanair).

Mate, it's ok to suggest changes to AM, but I'm sure Stephen and the crew are getting pretty tired of your constant moaning. Either suggest once, and be patient, or go and make your own 'Economic Simulation'. They actually have lives believe it or not ;)
Public World #2119 - VincentAir (Australasia)

yourefired

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: May 23, 2008, 07:28:46 am
Quote from: "zkvac"

Mate, it's ok to suggest changes to AM, but I'm sure Stephen and the crew are getting pretty tired of your constant moaning. Either suggest once, and be patient, or go and make your own 'Economic Simulation'. They actually have lives believe it or not ;)

See, if I suggest once and be patient, chances are the suggestion gets ignored or forgotten. If I suggest multiple times, the suggestion stays on someone's mind.

Air Canada, LLC (Private W224)

scottj63

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: May 23, 2008, 09:54:23 pm
i did what yourfired mentioned, i emailed a competitor and asked him to price so we can both get 80+lf on the route and make money, he didnt reply and keeps undercutting me by a couple $$. So a price war may start out of that hub, that is part of business I guess. try to cooperate, if no, then go for all you can get or force them out of the market

scott in the phils

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: May 23, 2008, 10:01:42 pm
@yourefired: Your suggestion has been noted quite a lot of time, and it's already listed on multiple places you don't even know of, so rest assured, we know what you want. We are planning new features, but we need developers to do that (see the recruitment advertisement in the Game News forum!) and without developers it takes time to implement new features. So that's where it might pay off to sit back and wait.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: May 24, 2008, 05:29:40 am
See, if I suggest once and be patient, chances are the suggestion gets ignored or forgotten. If I suggest multiple times, the suggestion stays on someone's mind.

I just want to say suggesting is all good and well. But constant moaning is just annoying and that is the bottomline. That is true in any places, not only in AM. In a work place, if you do that, your suggestion might get noticed and implemented more quickly, but your promotion would sure come more slowly. And believe it or not, if you do this enough times, you would just be ignored and your suggestions would not be on anyone's mind.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

fenati2

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: May 26, 2008, 10:05:48 pm
Maybe the loadfactor could be hidden when editing the route and only shown the day after.

its a little crazy, but this way we would have to set the prices almost blindly, like in real life, and then after a few time, see if it works. for example, i create madrid-luton and i think a $100 fare would be OK - but i will only know if it worked, the next day when the loadfactor appears...

i dont know. there are hundreeds of ways to do this... im prety sure stephen will come out with something :)
enair - Connecting Europe Smartly

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk