Airline Mogul Forum

it is very tired edit nearly 100 routes daily

o_o · 53 · 10493

Dan380

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: May 17, 2008, 12:27:13 pm
I can imagine that having an auto-mated system to calculate everyone's routes could easily just simulate a price war and end with $1 fares. But with clever programming of the software I'm sure that can be worked around.

A few suggestions:

-Perhaps make changing routes simialr to clicking OCP when renting a gate. Thus prices are not constantly being adjusted (the user has to still be online) but for those of us who cannot keep LFs high due to other commitments, it should not take more than 30 minutes to adjust the entire airlines route network, because the number entering has been removed.
-How about limiting the amount of route editing that can be done per day. Say a limit of 10% of the airlines routes?
-Or even stop people from editing routes above 90% LF?
img]http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6036/scandinaviair2smallsy1.jpg[/img]

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #31 on: May 17, 2008, 12:50:28 pm
I don't quite agree with artificial limitations on the number of routes one could edit. I would instead suggest two different ways. One should be very easy to implement, the second I'm not so sure.

1) Make route editing more expensive. Have research be paid everytime a route is edited or at least once every (game) day, instead of month.

2) Make editing a blind process. Only after day change should we see the effects of new fares on LF.

Edit: I forgot to mention but the main suggestion (from me) would be a revision of the LF algorithm. In a world where €0.01 can be the difference between a full plane and an almost empty one, there's little escape from constant route editing.

scottj63

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: May 17, 2008, 04:10:28 pm
I have a lot of routes for me, but it is only 460. I am not only adjusting prices once my LF hits less than 80 because it is to much to keep up with. At one of my hubs another airline is constantly undercutting me by a few euros. I could have played that "war game" with him, but instead i sent him a message and basically said "lets work together so we both make money". If he doesnt want to do that, no problem I can play that price war game with him. I can afford it he cant. So I hope he will keep the "spirt of the game" in mind and we can both make 85%lf at that hub and we both make money. I sure hate changing routes all the time to keep them at my 80 lf i like. I do agree that someone with 2000+ routes either A)has scripts helping him, or B)absolutely  has no life what so ever to be keeping up with them (laughing) if they are over 95% that is. I really enjoy the game but the more I play I am realizing that it isnt a simulation just a formula based game (smiles) that can be manipulated

scott in the philippines

rayedk

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: May 17, 2008, 04:28:37 pm
Instead of flying only to the big airports where 10+ other airlines are flying, the most profitable routes are the ones flown to medium/small airports that you're competition isn't flying to (or maybe just a couple others are). My load factor is always dropping on the same exact routes, and my other, usually more profitable ones (one would think of them to be less profitable), hold their 100% LF indefinitely, or at least for a very long time. Therefore, leaving my account untouched for a week will only drop my overall LF to ~90%. And when it comes time to edit routes, there's not too many to do.

I know this is really mostly helpful in regions like the Middle East that aren't so oversaturated, but maybe everyone can try flying to that 20,000 passenger airport and see what happens. I fly from Dubai International Airport to this remote 100,000 passenger airport and it makes me 75,000 while my flight to much bigger Doha makes me only 25,000.  :wink:
Dubai International Airways [W730]
Aerolineas Americas [W799]
Executor of MEDAL: the Mediterranean Alliance
ID 8605

Yahiko

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: May 18, 2008, 03:16:11 am
I don't use scripts to update my routes.. I don't even have 100 routes yet!!  :)

Myojin Yahiko - CEO Yahiko Air [FT]
img]http://www.nucleus.com/~sonic/yahikoairlogo.jpg[/img]

sl1ppy

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: May 18, 2008, 09:02:02 am
Quote from: "Yahiko"
I don't use scripts to update my routes.. I don't even have 100 routes yet!!  :)

I thought you'd stopped playing!   :P
l1p Air [FT]
ID: 8163

sl1ppy

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: May 18, 2008, 09:03:57 am
I'd suggest no earnings in the first month for a route you've edited, possibly offset that with no marketing costs unless you do actually change the price.

This should stop those who run scripts to keep LF high - don't see a down side ....
l1p Air [FT]
ID: 8163

SkinnyRabbit

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: May 18, 2008, 02:02:23 pm
Maybe for big airlines - 1000 routes plus

Get a special tab on edit routes section that allows them to fix 2 routes at a time or something? Maybe more, depending on number of routes.

Yahiko

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: May 18, 2008, 06:05:02 pm
Quote from: "sl1ppy"
Quote from: "Yahiko"

I thought you'd stopped playing!   :P

Only time I'd stop playing is if I died.  ;P

Sanosuke!
img]http://www.nucleus.com/~sonic/yahikoairlogo.jpg[/img]

rayedk

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: May 18, 2008, 09:24:42 pm
Also, I don't know if there's anyone out there as dumb as me who just realized this, lol, but the best way to edit routes is to set the "Default view routes" to show all under 100%, or maybe 50% (or 75%) if you're on a time budget and only want to fix the routes with the lowest load factor-- instead of hunting through your hundreds of routes just to find the ones that are under 100% LF.
Dubai International Airways [W730]
Aerolineas Americas [W799]
Executor of MEDAL: the Mediterranean Alliance
ID 8605

zkvac

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • granturismoworld.piczo.com
Reply #41 on: May 19, 2008, 05:53:31 am
Quote from: "rayedk"
Also, I don't know if there's anyone out there as dumb as me who just realized this, lol, but the best way to edit routes is to set the "Default view routes" to show all under 100%, or maybe 50% (or 75%) if you're on a time budget and only want to fix the routes with the lowest load factor-- instead of hunting through your hundreds of routes just to find the ones that are under 100% LF.

Yeah I set it to 'show all below 100%', and then order them by 'load factor-ascending' so that my most empty flights are at the top.
Public World #2119 - VincentAir (Australasia)

Fleur-de-Lis

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: May 19, 2008, 06:32:29 am
Heh,

I discovered that a little over a week ago, myself.
Asylum Freight

ID: 11045

scottj63

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: May 19, 2008, 01:29:08 pm
Slippy, i agree with you on the no profits for a month after you edit a route, might not be realistic, but sure would make people wait till their route was lower LF before we all had to start the button pushing game.

scott in philippines

SkinnyRabbit

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: May 19, 2008, 03:03:44 pm
Make it so a maxumin number of routes can be edited each day, maybe 20% of your total routes can be edited i.e you have 100 routes, you can only edit 20 each day.
And they all have an automatic filter?

Maybe like that, sounds weird but Stephen can make it better  :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk