Airline Mogul Forum

My second round

scottj63

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: April 12, 2008, 09:02:08 am
Well I moved away from the Philippines in my second round and boyyyyyyyy am I learning a good lesson. This round is slow for me. I pick my bases on where i have lived during my life. So this round "Honduras Airlines" is based in Honduras. I sure don't make any money based there. It isnt even a good idea for me to lease a 160k  a month plane because I dont know if i can make enough from my routes to pay the lease and the gates. I have 2 planes now with a 3rd on order. I just can't believe how little money I make there. I have one route that makes over 10k a flight. most are around 5k. Any practical ideas for improving are greatly appreciated.

Scott in the Philippines on a longggggggggggggg vacation

Bobandirus

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 09:07:15 am
Either up sticks and move to somewhere with more oppertunaty, or just wate a looooooooooong time untill you have the oppertunaty to open a new base with somewhere with more oppertunaty :P

scottj63

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 09:20:58 am
Well I am going to try to stick it out and see what happens, even the folks in lower Central America need an airline. I will just see how it goes and buy planes as the opportunity arises. Wish I was in an alliance that sold planes cheap when they were done with them (laughing)

Scott on long vacation in the Philippines

scottj63

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 10:20:03 am
well I leased a 160k plane and with 5 gates I will make about 30k a month profit on it, going to be a longggggggggggggg round (laughing)

scott in the philippines

sam051

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 10:59:15 am
Just save up for a new base, It will be slightly easier because you would of accumalated  a reasonable amount of airports until then, so all you really need is a plane. :wink:

sam051

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 11:00:08 am
And make sure its a good airport, may be more expensive but it will be worth it. :wink:

beirut785

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008, 12:55:59 pm
where in honduras ? if its in san pedro its not bad
just choose cheap planes with range in the begining and u'llbe fine
canadair is fine costs around 3m 1295 range and 30 pax
URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]
The Airline Of Colombia

Fleur-de-Lis

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008, 12:47:47 am
Scott,

Which world are you in?
Asylum Freight

ID: 11045

Steeler83

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: April 13, 2008, 03:41:14 am
Heh, every time I started a round on here, I always based at PIT.  It's my home, and my heart will always be in Pittsburgh, even when I live someplace else.  Every round tho, I try different markets to supplement my PIT base.
teeler83
Founder and CEO of Buon Giorno! Airlines

scottj63

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: April 13, 2008, 12:05:58 pm
well, i own 3 small planes and leased in 1.  Leasing now isnt viable because every place i can make money now is out of range for a plane i can afford. But my dop is up to 116k, so I hope to be able to afford a plane with 20 seats and 1000 mile range over 200kts in a month or month and a half. Patience will be the key this round. Being a small country carrier is not going to get me a mansion quick, but it will be satisfying if i can pull off a nice rise of the companies value.

Fleur, I am in world 3 I believe. My airline is "Honduras Airlines"

scott in the Philippines on a longgggggggggg vacation

Fleur-de-Lis

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: April 13, 2008, 10:33:31 pm
Scott,

I looked at your airline (we are in the same world, after all).
You're in a tight spot, going to be hard to make money.
Stay with small craft for now.

I freed up one of my old clunkers, and sent it to you in a private sale.
You'll need $483,444 to buy it. Sorry, I couldn't price it for any less (I made sure it was my cheapest clunker too).
Other option is, that I can send you some "el cheapo" leases when I free up some more.

Edit: All right, I have one on lease too. If you would rather buy it, let me know. My airline name and number are in my signature.

I admire your style, and enjoyed your posts when you're airline was in the Philippines last season.
Take care.
Have Fun.

Fleur-de-Lis
Asylum Freight

scottj63

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: April 16, 2008, 06:46:07 am
I finally got enough money to buy the plane from Fleur. Thank you very much Fleur, the Otter will make me about 70k a month profit, twice what my lease plane makes. If you get another old plane with about 1000 nm range let me know, i will replace my lease plane with that.

I will try to make a second base at an airport with a bigger base population, but that will take YEARS at the profit rate I have. It will cost me 6.4 mil to do it and that is, well, very "ambitious" thinking for Honduras Air. I am sure this round will be a "personal satisfaction" round for me. I have no way to make money with the way I started and it will be fun to just slowly build up what I can offering what services that I can to the region I am in.

I appreciate the advice and help that I get in the game. This is a great community here and I enjoy being a part of it.

Scott in the Philippines on a longgggggggggggg vacation

scottj63

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: April 20, 2008, 10:19:17 am
Well my dop is now about 130k a day, and I'm very happy with that. We are and will be just a small regional carrier. I have 5 small planes in service with my first 32 seater on order for the last 4 1million plus cities within reach of my base. That should hopefully get me to about 180-200k a day. Then i will sit back and try to save about 7 million dollars to make a second hub for our airline which will greatly increase the bottom line for us. I was able to return my lease plane when i found the same plane priced much below its book value. In 3 months it will have paid for itself just in lease savings. So that was a great move.

Let's see how things go in the next couple years.

scott in Philippines on a longgggggggg vacation

foou707

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: April 20, 2008, 09:46:44 pm
You should have started somewhere with a good amount of airports within 1000 miles as well as a good amount of PAX (5 mil +)

Fleur-de-Lis

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: April 21, 2008, 05:21:55 am
I've been so busy Scott, sorry.

Glad you're doing better. Happy that plane worked out.

I can send you another Otter, or a DHC-100, or both - if you can afford them.
(I'll give you another really big deal on them too.  ;) )

If you got enough cash, I can also offer an AĆ©rospatiale N 262. These are great, would work well with your airline. I still am able to find a use for all the ones I bought.

Else; take a look at the aircraft my airline has in game (see signature for details), and just message me with what you'd like me to send you.
Asylum Freight

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk