Airline Mogul Forum

My second round

scottj63

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: May 09, 2008, 07:09:38 am
I have seen some interesting things in the short time i have been in the game. But this is a first. I flew from one of my hubs to chicago midway in world 3 and someone is running 1.5 freq at 1 euro. Only problem is that there isnt a price war there (laughing) only 3 planes fly there. I hope he is new and just doesnt know better. Or could we have a AM version of a griefer (laughing).

scott in philippines
ceo of Honduras Air (w3)

Dora

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: May 09, 2008, 09:19:10 am
"I doesn't see anything wrong here given that it's legal." by admin's model answer.
Doraemon Airlines (id 849)

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: May 09, 2008, 09:30:43 am
Quote from: "scottj63"
I have seen some interesting things in the short time i have been in the game. But this is a first. I flew from one of my hubs to chicago midway in world 3 and someone is running 1.5 freq at 1 euro. Only problem is that there isnt a price war there (laughing) only 3 planes fly there. I hope he is new and just doesnt know better. Or could we have a AM version of a griefer (laughing).

scott in philippines
ceo of Honduras Air (w3)

Most likely either the remains of an old price war (in that case you could agree with the two other guys to raise the price bar again) or some paranoid guy who thinks that he has to start a price war against the other guys.

Or someone who accidently typed  1 instead of 1000 :lol:
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

Dora

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: May 09, 2008, 09:33:04 am
Quote from: "Blue Sky Mine"

Or someone who accidently typed  1 instead of 1000 :lol:

That's probably. That person should be a lazy guy. :lol:
Doraemon Airlines (id 849)

yourefired

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: May 09, 2008, 09:36:46 am
Well think of it this way...at least they're losing money.

Air Canada, LLC (Private W224)

scottj63

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: May 09, 2008, 02:17:12 pm
Yes Dora i know it is legal, I was in a hub last round where the 1 euro war started on a few routes, but there were a lot of airlines doing it, not one guy who has no real competition in the hub. I put a decent price for my flight and got 100% load even with his 1 euro freqs, so I know he is losing his butt with that, but hey, not my airline. It just took me by surprise seeing that at an airport that isnt one of the big ones.

scott in philippines

scottj63

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: May 13, 2008, 08:11:46 pm
the round is going very nicely for me now. I am slowly starting to repay considerations to other companies who have helped Honduras Air. The game is very enjoyable. From making so many routes i have a suggestion. when we do gate searches, it would be nice if you could highlight the 'range' or 'passenger' columns so they could be in order by size, would make finding routes so much easier

scott in philippines

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: May 13, 2008, 11:35:18 pm
Thats why we have gate search ;)

http://airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/gate_search.php

One drawback is that you cannot choose the range from airport to airport. This from what I recall is going to be for paid membership in the future

scottj63

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: May 14, 2008, 10:48:51 am
yes i use the gate search iranair, what i suggest is that you can highlight the tabs in the gate search to put them in order by range or pax like how in view and buy you can sort your planes by various tabs,

scott in philippines

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: May 14, 2008, 12:06:56 pm
yh, thats the only function we have, as I said, will be implemented in the future for maying members

scottj63

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: May 15, 2008, 07:31:01 pm
wow i really must be a backwoods airline company. On one route I started today (domestic) My only competition is a 747 (laughing) On a shorter domestic flight. Now that airline has money coming out its azz to be able to do that. I actually got a good little laugh sitting here at my computer.

scott in philippines

Fleur-de-Lis

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: May 15, 2008, 09:41:37 pm
laugh now, while it's funny.

Wait till you see multiple frequencies, on multiple routes, and the price at $1.

Your own airline's DOP drops by millions over night.

Then when you look at the airline in question and figure they cannot possibly keep it up, they get another 10 large aircraft a day added to their fleet?!?

Somethings just don't add up.

:?
Asylum Freight

ID: 11045

scottj63

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: May 17, 2008, 04:23:33 pm
Fleur,

I know what you are saying, at my Manchester hub the other guy based there is undercutting every route i have and every route he is doing it on has a 737 on it (laughs) and he is worth 10% of my worth so you are right about not know how things add up sometimes. Well it is only a game.

Scott in Philippines

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: May 17, 2008, 04:55:46 pm
then why dont you buy 737's? they are really good money makers

also, instead of typing 'laughs' every time there is a smilie ;)  :lol:

Code: [Select]
:lol:

scottj63

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: May 17, 2008, 05:08:01 pm
Well now I know this is nothing at ALL to do with real life economics (laughing) I make more money on a small plane from san juan to dallas than I do with a large aircraft flying from san juan to charle de gaulle. I am not complaining, I am actually here laughing. I was testing a theory that a friend in the game told me and well it is true as far as i can see it. I fly  long distance international in real life all the time (due to work) and I know how much it costs, maybe a tweak on long range pricing should be thought about in AM.

scott in philippines

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk