Airline Mogul Forum

My second round

Fleur-de-Lis

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: April 21, 2008, 05:24:09 am
Quote from: "foou707"
You should have started somewhere with a good amount of airports within 1000 miles as well as a good amount of PAX (5 mil +)

He's playing a conceptual game.
Not trying to be the biggest airline, but trying to make do with where he started.
Read his posts about his airline last round.
Asylum Freight

ID: 11045

scottj63

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: April 21, 2008, 06:47:24 pm
I know I should have Fuou707, but I am making airlines in cities i have lived in around the world. Last round i was in the philippines (where i live currently) and this round I went to Honduras (where i lived in the early 90's) Business is hard there obviously, but that is ok, I realize my place in the airline community this round and am enjoying myself trying to scratch out a little more profit from my little airline.

scott in philippines on longggggggggg vacation

scottj63

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: April 21, 2008, 06:51:02 pm
Hey Fleur, thanks for the offer on the aircraft. I am to the point where i need planes with a 1500 mile range or better due to my home base being such a small facility. If an airport has less than 1mil passengers it is hard for me to make money on a route (my home base has 500k passengers) If you get any planes that have 1500+ mile range i will be interested (when i get the money of course lol) I dont care how old they are, my maintenance guys can paint over the cracks.

scott in philippines on longgggggggg vacation

scottj63

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: April 21, 2008, 07:12:42 pm
I know I should have Fuou707, but I am making airlines in cities i have lived in around the world. Last round i was in the philippines (where i live currently) and this round I went to Honduras (where i lived in the early 90's) Business is hard there obviously, but that is ok, I realize my place in the airline community this round and am enjoying myself trying to scratch out a little more profit from my little airline.

scott in philippines on longggggggggg vacation

Fleur-de-Lis

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: April 22, 2008, 02:39:32 am
1500 NM range?

Hmmm...

Be a while before I rotate out my Hawker Sidley 748 props, or Super Caravelle jets.

I can always give you my B-737-200's at half price - I don't like these any ways - but that's still over $20 million each.

Or tell me which type of aircraft you want specifically, and I'll see if I can pick up something from another airline, or the open  market, for you.
Asylum Freight

scottj63

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: April 22, 2008, 10:58:56 am
20million? (laughing) I think it will be many years till I can afford that. I will keep my eye out for deals on older airplanes. I think I am pretty much at my limit of what I can do with what I am working with. If i want to make money i need to expand to a second airport in Honduras that has a larger base, but that will take 6.5 mil I think based on what I figured, oh and another plane to use the new base (laughing). I have my work cut out for me, so we will see what happens

scott in philippines on longgggggggg vacation

scottj63

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: April 23, 2008, 03:15:22 pm
my dop is 184k a day. I wish it was  little better because I would like to provide the small airports in the region service, but I would lose to much monthly  on gate fees. Man this is frustrating. I need another plane with a 1500nm range so i can up my dop a bit to be able to afford the loss of the small city routes. Well I hope the local folk understand what is happening due to business.

scott in the philippines on long vacation

Fleur-de-Lis

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: April 23, 2008, 09:24:32 pm
Hey Buddy,

I got a surprise for you: Check your 'Incoming Private Offers' box, in the Aircraft Market.

You'll need 2.6 million though - but I think it's right in with your concept.
Asylum Freight

scottj63

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: April 24, 2008, 05:51:24 am
Thanks to a private plane sale which brought in 30k more dop a day for Honduras Airlines, we shall be looking at the used markets for small regional planes to provide service to the outlaying and isolated areas of central america near and in Honduras. These routes will not make money, but they will provide an invaluable service to the indigineous folks our the area that has been long overdue in coming. Thank you Asylum Freight for help in making this happen

Scott in the Philippines
CEO of Honduras Airlines
"If there is a runway, we will fly there"

scottj63

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: April 24, 2008, 06:13:53 am
Well, we have connected all of honduras, nicaragua, el salvador and are working on the last few regions of Panama to make Central America accessible to everyone in the region. We found a reasonably priced aircraft and put it into regional service to the areas that larger airlines wouldn't go to. Are we gonna get rich doing this? No, but the bills will get paid and it should spur increased economic benefits for the affected regions.

I think we are about done expanding out of our base and will now concentrate on expanding to a second hub in the region to increase our volumne of local passengers.

scott in Philippines
CEO of Honduras Airlines
"Profits? We don't need no profits, well maybe small ones"

scottj63

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: April 26, 2008, 05:20:41 am
i think our growth is going to be a slow process. I need 6.5 mil to expand to a second  base in honduras but i cant seem to get there with my monthly profits (laughing) I hate having to be so patient.

scott in philippines

scottj63

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: April 30, 2008, 02:47:24 pm
Well things took a turn for the better in Honduras. I got a Hurel-Dubois HD 321 pretty cheap for me and it instantly became my largest profit margin in the fleet. So that is great news for the company. The beginning of the month took us to -5mil so i have to wait 12 days or so till i have cash to spend again. Expansion is the only way we can make the airline any larger, but it will be probably 2 yrs of saving to get it done. On a good note we have 11 aircraft in the fleet. True not modern jets, but we move our passengers with well maintained older planes.

scott in philippines
CEO of Honduras Airlines

scottj63

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: May 05, 2008, 10:01:39 am
The Airline is doing quite well. Some additional funding came available and we were able to expand to a second base which opened up more markets for us. Thanks to a very well negotiated transaction with a larger airline, we had an influx of 11 aircraft to the fleet and our schedulers are fixing routes for them now. Our dop is up to 1.45million a day and the outlook is better for our long term future. True we have "future considerations" to look at with the company who has become our supplier for aircraft, but it is in our best interest to stay in business with our "partners" and to keep the relationship a good one for all parties. (right now it is a much better relationship for Honduras Airlines)

We have had small expansion into the US markets, but with our limited range aircraft, it is only regional expansion. We are in negotiations for a couple larger range and seat aircraft (ie... saving money to buy them (laughing) to fuel expansion to major north american hubs to try to attract foreign investment to the region. Hopes are high with this strategy.

Scott in Philippines
President, CEO, tyrant, grand poobah of Honduras Airlines

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: May 05, 2008, 11:34:38 am
Is this turning into an Airline Report?  :wink:
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

scottj63

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: May 05, 2008, 04:10:13 pm
Stephen, it sort of is, but I also ask questions here on gameplay and advice.

scott in the philippines

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk