Airline Mogul Forum

To those already doing 2+ frequencies on routes...

Steeler83

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #150 on: March 19, 2008, 10:56:22 pm
I am calm now -- at least calmer (I am having a personally bad day here)  Anyway, I just noticed an airline out in BUR running 4x Monterey Peninsula Airport with a BAE 146.  Fares are at 50 Euros.  I couldn't even get any pax what soever with a 51 Euro flight!
teeler83
Founder and CEO of Buon Giorno! Airlines

zkvac

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • granturismoworld.piczo.com
Reply #151 on: March 19, 2008, 11:27:55 pm
I think he was talking to Asuka and I :P
Public World #2119 - VincentAir (Australasia)

CornField

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #152 on: March 20, 2008, 02:08:23 am
This thread has reached the ABSOLUTE razors edge of acceptability.  Any further and the lock is coming...

Your  Favorite Hometown Airline

boilermaker

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #153 on: March 20, 2008, 02:09:40 am
Got some idiot (ranked #2 in the Middle East, not including the brokers) decided to throw extreme multiples (5+) of Caravelle Super 10s on a bunch of routes  :roll:  I PMed him to see what was up, but no reply. Luckily I had 20 SE210-12s sitting waiting to be deployed. Got a bunch more on the way. Sorry to the folks this fare war is affecting. You all might want to get on his behind to get him to cut it out (or start multiples on his other bases on his routes).

Steeler83

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #154 on: March 20, 2008, 05:16:48 am
Quote from: "boilermaker"
Got some idiot (ranked #2 in the Middle East, not including the brokers) decided to throw extreme multiples (5+) of Caravelle Super 10s on a bunch of routes  :roll:  I PMed him to see what was up, but no reply. Luckily I had 20 SE210-12s sitting waiting to be deployed. Got a bunch more on the way. Sorry to the folks this fare war is affecting. You all might want to get on his behind to get him to cut it out (or start multiples on his other bases on his routes).

Yup...  Lord knows I learned that one the hard way.   Hey Dooskie, how about you name your airline "Incredible Hulk Airways."  Slogan: "Don't make me angry!  You're not gonna like me when I'm angry."
teeler83
Founder and CEO of Buon Giorno! Airlines

Dooskie III

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #155 on: March 20, 2008, 05:27:02 am
Quote from: "Steeler83"

Yup...  Lord knows I learned that one the hard way.   Hey Dooskie, how about you name your airline "Incredible Hulk Airways."  Slogan: "Don't make me angry!  You're not gonna like me when I'm angry."

doo doo do do do doot...."do you know the way to Tampa Bay....." 8)

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #156 on: March 20, 2008, 07:01:08 am
LOL both slogans are really nice! Good to see that you both take it easy now.

Stephen, I recommend you ask for the Nobel Price for creating such a war-ending place :wink:
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

boilermaker

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #157 on: March 20, 2008, 02:59:00 pm
Quote from: "Dooskie III"
Quote from: "Steeler83"

doo doo do do do doot...."do you know the way to Tampa Bay....." 8)

Good place to golf in the winter, too  8)

Mawifo

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #158 on: March 20, 2008, 03:06:00 pm
I'm a newbie here, and thought it was interesting to seet his topic. I only own one plane, and I lease another one. The one I own is a BAe-146-100, while the one I lease is a Fokker F27-500. I have 2.5+ frequency on all of my three routes, and I don't get why that is so bad? I don't have the money to buy gates all over the place, while still saving up to lease another aircraft. An simple explanation for a newbie would be nice.  :)
fficial cabin crew member, captain, owner, and CEO of Air Norway, Norway's new first class carrier!

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #159 on: March 20, 2008, 03:48:13 pm
Quote from: "Mawifo"
I'm a newbie here, and thought it was interesting to seet his topic. I only own one plane, and I lease another one. The one I own is a BAe-146-100, while the one I lease is a Fokker F27-500. I have 2.5+ frequency on all of my three routes, and I don't get why that is so bad? I don't have the money to buy gates all over the place, while still saving up to lease another aircraft. An simple explanation for a newbie would be nice.  :)

You can make more money if you fly (A=your hub; B and C are airports of similar size):

A->B freq.1
A->C freq.1

instead of flying:

A->B freq.2

Offering more freq (=seats) means you need to lower the fare to fill your plane. Its kinda like having competition to yourself. If you have competition on your freq2 routes they will lower THEIR fare to get their planes filled. This will cause a massive drop in LF on your aircraft. You now adjust your fare and the same starts again. Having freq2 or higher usually causes a very fast dropdown in fares = less money you will have in your pocket.

Mawifo

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #160 on: March 20, 2008, 03:54:33 pm
Quote from: "AirHanoverInternational"

You can make more money if you fly (A=your hub; B and C are airports of similar size):

A->B freq.1
A->C freq.1

instead of flying:

A->B freq.2

Offering more freq (=seats) means you need to lower the fare to fill your plane. Its kinda like having competition to yourself. If you have competition on your freq2 routes they will lower THEIR fare to get their planes filled. This will cause a massive drop in LF on your aircraft. You now adjust your fare and the same starts again. Having freq2 or higher usually causes a very fast dropdown in fares = less money you will have in your pocket.

Ok, so rather than saving up to lease aircraft (I currently have $ 580k), I should by some gates, and do more 1 fr.'s?
fficial cabin crew member, captain, owner, and CEO of Air Norway, Norway's new first class carrier!

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #161 on: March 20, 2008, 03:56:26 pm
hint: you can still rent out gates, in airports you don't have gate, with negative cash.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Mawifo

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #162 on: March 20, 2008, 04:18:59 pm
Quote from: "dktc"
hint: you can still rent out gates, in airports you don't have gate, with negative cash.

That's cool. Thanks for the hint. :) After only doing 1 fr. on all my routes, and bying gates, I've raised my DOP from roughly $ 144k to $ 314k. :D

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #163 on: March 20, 2008, 04:56:30 pm

That's cool. Thanks for the hint. :) After only doing 1 fr. on all my routes, and bying gates, I've raised my DOP from roughly $ 144k to $ 314k. :D

So at least one player learned today that high frequency does not mean high income. :lol: just another 500 left...nah, just kidding.

Mawifo

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #164 on: March 20, 2008, 07:06:29 pm
Quote from: "AirHanoverInternational"

So at least one player learned today that high frequency does not mean high income. :lol: just another 500 left...nah, just kidding.

Yup!  :mrgreen:  My DOP has now increased to € 635,426.  :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk