Airline Mogul Forum

Some Players are killing the game

Poll

Should Airframes be built and delivered so quickly?

YES
11 (34.4%)
NO
14 (43.8%)
Other solution needed
7 (21.9%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Voting closed: November 18, 2007, 04:27:55 pm

luv2spot

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: November 13, 2007, 04:26:18 pm
Something has to be done on the turnaround time for buying, building, and receiving planes.  We get them delivered FAR to quickly.  I log in this morning to see that *a certain few airlines* have put a plane with 8+ frequency on every route.

I'm not going to bother updating those routes, but it is actions like that that need to be addressed in the coding.  Growth is too easy to get.  I mean I'm a top 25 airline (15 billion) and it is just to fast to get to that level.

Am I alone in this thinking?

*edited by dktc: please don't accuse fellow players in public*

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 04:35:22 pm
I would say just increase the price of the planes. Say if we ask for 80 million per DC-3 (20x the price now), there is no way you all could develop this quickly :wink: (Keep in mind that would be 1100 mil per connie :wink: )
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Hampo

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 04:46:06 pm
yes, that way i may be able to get rid of the 311 of the buggers!

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 05:11:29 pm
Hmm, perhaps there should be a cap per how many get delivered per customer from each manufacture or type, maybe 2-4 airframes from per month per manufacture?

Hampo

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 05:17:57 pm
Nah, that is stupid  :)

More expensive aircraft and longer build times is what i say!

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 05:25:12 pm
Quote from: "Hampo"
Nah, that is stupid  :)

More expensive aircraft and longer build times is what i say!

I think longer build times might help for larger planes. Bumping up the price would probebly create a mess of Aircruisers, Otters and such on the market when players get more capable planes to add to the DC-3 mess there already.

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 05:28:16 pm
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 05:36:28 pm
How about a complete revamp of the system (and a reset now maybe?).

Say we bump up the price of the aircrafts, then stop the official brokers from having airlines. Whenever a player sell/lease a plane, the player get 60% of the price/lease rate. The other 40% is splited among the brokers as commission. When players scrap their planes, they receive 10% of the $$ (same as now) and brokers pay 11% for them. The 1% difference is to be kept in account id 5, Broker Admin (which was the old account for recycling scrap but is not active), and if and when needed, brokers are to sell the unwanted planes to that account. We would need a neutral person to take care of it (maybe Stephen, Will or Rick) but that would not be frequent. It would also limit the number of planes that could get deleted from the system. We could even add in a conditional clause in the scrapping script to send all aircrafts of a certain type to id 5 directly, if all brokers agree to do so.

This would solve several issues, including

- fast growth of airlines
- broker operation with airlines
- brokerage fundings without an airline
- players buying new planes to resell/lease on market
- unwanted planes have nowhere to go

all in one shot.

And no, this has not been discussed with anyone yet, so here is your chance to tear it apart.
D Express (id 616) 8)

Hampo

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: November 13, 2007, 05:44:17 pm
Sounds good to me!

One of my main problems is these DC-3's, there is SO many of them that i cannot get rid of them. People bought these like mad because they were cheap and ok for routes at the start, but now people are getting rid of them, and i'm stuck with them all. No one will buy them or lease them, so what do i do? they just eat away at my profits  :(

How about recycling them into tin cans  :lol:

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 13, 2007, 05:53:42 pm

And give them to Jps, for his spam :lol:
D Express (id 616) 8)

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: November 13, 2007, 05:56:17 pm
Well, maybe when a player scraps a plane once it dips below a certain % of it's value, it'll go away for good, be erased off the game per say. That way, Broker's won't be burdened with so many unwanted planes at once. That should stop most of it. Either that or a cap of how many planes are with brokers at the time. Like lets say all the brokers decide that they only want to have 30 DC-3s, all of them have 30 DC-3s on the market, so when a player scraps a plane, it won't go to a broker, but rather just be erased forever, like most scrapped airliners IRL. Though not letting players get all the cash from a sale/lease will probebly cause this problem to become worse, as you won't just have a bunch of unwanted planes, you'll have a bunch of unwanted planes at value+what the commission is.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: November 13, 2007, 06:00:07 pm
Quote from: "LOT 737-300"
Though not letting players get all the cash from a sale/lease will probebly cause this problem to become worse, as you won't just have a bunch of unwanted planes, you'll have a bunch of unwanted planes at value+what the commission is.

hmm... not exactly. The players scrap those planes becuase they don't want them and they perceive that scrapping is the best way to get rid of them. That being said, if the players think they could sell them at 50%, they would not scrap them. The price on market of 50% is still the same, although the seller would only receive 30% when the plane is sold. The 30% is still 3 times the $$ of 10%. So, players would still sell their planes on market, if they think the planes will go. :wink:
D Express (id 616) 8)

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: November 13, 2007, 06:21:42 pm
Sounds good to me!

One of my main problems is these DC-3's, there is SO many of them that i cannot get rid of them. People bought these like mad because they were cheap and ok for routes at the start, but now people are getting rid of them, and i'm stuck with them all. No one will buy them or lease them, so what do i do? they just eat away at my profits  :(

Like I suggested in another thread, brokers should be able to scrap planes they don't want for either 5% of value--or 1 month's maintenance costs.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: November 13, 2007, 06:41:48 pm
Quote from: "dktc"
How about a complete revamp of the system (and a reset now maybe?).

No, I do not want a reset now. I am just moving rank by rank. Although I would probably never reach the first one I would really like to know which rank I will have after my first game here. Just to compare rankings from the later rounds. Thanks.
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: November 13, 2007, 07:30:27 pm
Order books are needed and on the plans for future addition.  Unfortunately at the moment. there's a lot of big things being worked on, so though we hope to have it all done yesterday, realistically order books are a little farther out.

Initially it will be pretty loose.  significantly higher then 2-4 per player per month (that always seemed too slow on the blue game), but significantly lower then it is now in most cases (as in, if you buy 500 aircraft in one go, odds are they'll be delivered over several real time days instead of all in the same hour). :oops: so much to do, so little time. :oops:
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk