Airline Mogul Forum

Unfair 7millions

jameswyhk

• Airline Supervisor
  • So inactive...
    • View Profile
on: October 17, 2007, 11:58:20 am
Why only airlines based in big cities can have extra 7 millions but the others can't? It is so unfair. Airlines based in big cities are growing much rapidly because they got 7 million when they started and they bought plane with the money. Day by day their value increases much faster. I think that every one deserves to have 7,000,000.

------

stimpy

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 12:00:04 pm
what?

CornField

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 12:02:20 pm
What?????

I started with 500,000 and a DC-3 just like you.
I'm based at ORD(roughly 77 mil pax a year), do airports get much bigger than that???????

Your  Favorite Hometown Airline

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 12:02:56 pm
Please be more specific. We have no idea what you are talking about :? (and this sounds important :? )
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 12:08:23 pm
He probably means bases?

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

hairways

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 17, 2007, 12:09:58 pm
Why only airlines based in big cities can have extra 7 millions but the others can't? It is so unfair. Airlines based in big cities are growing much rapidly because they got 7 million when they started and they bought plane with the money. Day by day their value increases much faster. I think that every one deserves to have 7,000,000.

Have a look at this forum jameswyhk
This could be what you are talking about!!
http://www.stephenm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2405&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 17, 2007, 12:12:32 pm
I understand your hatre of the "unfair advantage" brokers have in your opinion, Alan. However, I don't see anything specifically related to "7 million" (as in cash) or "big airports" in that topic.

James, please illustrate.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

blue25

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 17, 2007, 12:14:40 pm
I think he means that people that start in big cities make money faster. I think this is unfair, but it's how the game is :roll:
Anyway, I think that's what he's saying.
Alto Airlines [ID: 2167]

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 17, 2007, 12:19:50 pm
Quote from: "blue25"
I think he means that people that start in big cities make money faster. I think this is unfair, but it's how the game is :roll:
Anyway, I think that's what he's saying.

Erm, that's how life is. Get over it :wink:

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 17, 2007, 12:26:07 pm
Quote from: "jameswyhk"

Sorry, but I don't quite get ya. I started at Paris Charles de Gaulle and I didn't get any extra cash. Not a cent. The only advantage that I got was that I had the competition of 5 or 6 0.5-airlines, especially on my Frankfurt&London routes.
I have to admit: That was a heck of an advantage over you :roll:
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 17, 2007, 12:28:50 pm
Yes indeed! Competition, especially a large number of competing airlines, can be great fun! It will cost you at least 10% of your DOP, not to mention it will be harder to find niches in other airlines' route planning. Being based at a large airport is good for everyone.

:roll:

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: October 17, 2007, 12:31:31 pm
Quote from: "MrOrange"
Yes indeed! Competition, especially a large number of competing airlines, can be great fun! It will cost you at least 10% of your DOP, not to mention it will be harder to find niches in other airlines' route planning. Being based at a large airport is good for everyone.

:lol: .. Also.. if your looking more DC-3's needed...

Edit: i meant to say.. If you base at small ones you still get profit.. like GRU im basing on

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

Scandalian Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: October 17, 2007, 12:34:04 pm
Only advantage I can see, apart from getting higher income from flights to smaller airports than I do, is that you get a high cost base "for free" as it will cost several millions for me to start a base at CDG compared to NYO where I started. But that's a choice I made, no one forced me to start at a small airport...
img]http://www.lsn.se/televisionset/ScandalianAnimated.gif[/img]
Your skyrocket to elsewhere

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: October 17, 2007, 12:35:14 pm
Quote from: "Jps"
Quote from: "MrOrange"

:lol: .. Also.. if your looking more DC-3's needed...

???
You don't get more DC3's because of that... 'cept for the ones which compete with you...
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

Dora

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: October 17, 2007, 12:38:53 pm
You cannot imagine the number of competitors growing. And profits of particular routes will go down very fast because of competition.
Doraemon Airlines (id 849)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk