Airline Mogul Forum

PW1757 (Holiday Flight): FULL, Upcoming World Now Available

dannykelly22

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: November 07, 2010, 11:02:20 am
Hey, A319 as the start up aircraft please, thats my choice anyway, best possible aircraft there is. If it was the 4254nm version would be even better but any is great.

dannykelly22

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: November 07, 2010, 11:16:16 am
Ok guys, wanna get interest started before this world begins, in my new Alliance that i will be creating, hopefully within the first few months of operations. I myself will be taking a different approach to this game, to start off with, i am going to test a new game plan. Something i did in the last world but only adapted it a little more. I've noticed a few patterns and believe that cost control is key to profit and value. I do however want to open this alliance and make it the greatest alliance in the world.

AWA will be operating from North America and Europe, with at the moment no intentions to open bases outside of these regions. Our full allocation of bases has already been taken for international bases and we are finalizing our domestic bases. Therefore it is key for us to build strong relationships with other airlines that serve destinations outside of our network in order to offer our passengers as many services as possible.
Any airlines that feel that they could compliment my service and also i could compliment their service feel free to let your interest be known in this alliance.

As previously said before, the alliance is a restricted one, does have rules but is very relaxed. This is what makes it successful. When the games actually begins i will make a post in the relevant form regarding the rules of the alliance, and there i will ask for another airline to help me monitor the alliance.

thanks

BINDU

• Airline Mogul Admins
  • Airline Operative
  • Airline Mogul Data Officer (Airports)
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: November 07, 2010, 03:44:21 pm
I'd like to enter this world as Aerolineas Do Brazil based in Sau Paulo. I further propose that base limits be 5 continental + 2 intercontinental b/c too many bases creates way too much competition. For the starting aircraft; the Embraer ERJ 145 is the preferred option!!

Mastafa

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: November 07, 2010, 08:50:53 pm
I'd like to enter this world as Aerolineas Do Brazil based in Sau Paulo. I further propose that base limits be 5 continental + 2 intercontinental b/c too many bases creates way too much competition. For the starting aircraft; the Embraer ERJ 145 is the preferred option!!

Well, having 10 domestic means you can serve all your airports without renting extra gates, such as in South America. And internatioal means if your country is South America, you can make a base in a more profitable country.

BTW... I have my plans fixed, (first page hubs) so i wont be able to cope with a change now.

I agree with the A319, or Embraer
Sincerely, Mastafa

andytyork

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: November 07, 2010, 10:15:56 pm
AWA- I'm interested in being part of your alliance. I will be based in Europe, and expand from there, but not into north America.
Do you want to PM when the world starts.

Mastafa

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: November 07, 2010, 11:56:43 pm
I will be also making an alliance: OneSky. Everyone is free to join. There are a few rules:

1) you must request permission from the owner's hub before starting routes from it

2) You will not vote for or against any players. After the rules are PMed, then you may vote

3) I, personally, will be giving out bonuses, such as new aircraft for sale with 50% off/ lease. So, you cant take the bonus and leave the alliance. Doing so will result me too email staff

4) don't be shy to ask for permission from other member's hub!
Sincerely, Mastafa

wishfulanthony

• Airline Operative
  • Owner of Volcano Airways
    • View Profile
    • My personal blog
Reply #66 on: November 08, 2010, 12:17:25 am
[Bindu] I hear you for the Embraer aircraft! That's a good choice for a starter airline to deal with: you don't think much of fuel costs associated with maintaining it. And by the way, I understand your concern with intense competition if my world would allow more bases... I'll consider a combo of 8 bases (meaning 4 domestic, 2 international) so that it will be less intimidating for your airline.

It seems like there are two alliances that are being formed in the upcoming world... That'll be interesting to watch.

And the document that contains more information about the world has been updated to reflect the changes and additions. Click here for more information.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 12:31:23 am by wishfulanthony »
Proud owner of

ID: 30954 · Owned Private Worlds 1596, 1757, 1936, and 2180 · Sojourner Dream · Need help on AM? Read my guides here

Mastafa

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: November 08, 2010, 02:01:21 am
[Bindu] I hear you for the Embraer aircraft! That's a good choice for a starter airline to deal with: you don't think much of fuel costs associated with maintaining it. And by the way, I understand your concern with intense competition if my world would allow more bases... I'll consider a combo of 8 bases (meaning 4 domestic, 2 international) so that it will be less intimidating for your airline.

It seems like there are two alliances that are being formed in the upcoming world... That'll be interesting to watch.

And the document that contains more information about the world has been updated to reflect the changes and additions. Click here for more information.

Odd... I would like to keep the 15 domestic and 5 international. What about limiting airlines in South America?
Sincerely, Mastafa

BINDU

• Airline Mogul Admins
  • Airline Operative
  • Airline Mogul Data Officer (Airports)
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: November 08, 2010, 02:25:57 am
[Mastafa] How bout 12 base points with 6d and 3f as a limiter. Additionally; 4 airlines per base for airports pax>40 million, 3/base for >30 million, 2/base for everything else. Exclude SYD from the list because Ocenia has few large airports, so 2 airlines max based at SYD

wishfulanthony

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • My personal blog
Reply #69 on: November 08, 2010, 02:41:08 am
Hmm, I think I'll need to make a good clarification here. On the bases issue:

I have considered the following combination because I know there will be issues regarding bases (as I see now), and I will be open to the following options (with a breakdown that follows):

- 15 bases, with 5 international hubs --> 5 domestic and 5 international
- 20 bases, with 5 international hubs --> 10 domestic and 5 international
- Unlimited domestic, 5 international

What I'm seeing is that there is misunderstanding on my part on the bases rules, and I will quote pseudoswede about the bases rule:

Simply put, just assign a 1-point per base value to the number of domestic bases allowed. Each domestic base will use 1 point of that allocation; each foreign base will use 2 points.

With your [5]15 designation, a player has the following choices

* 15 domestic bases (15 points)
* 13 domestic bases (13 points), 1 foreign base (2 points)
* 11 domestic bases (11 points), 2 foreign bases (4 points)
* 9 domestic bases (9 points), 3 foreign bases (6 points)
* 7 domestic bases (7 points), 4 foreign bases (8 points)
* 5 domestic bases (5 points), 5 foreign bases (10 points)

If you want a player to have literally up to 15 domestic bases and 5 foreign bases, then you'll have to allow for unlimited domestic bases (and restricting the number of foreign bases to 5).

I'm slowly learning the tricks of the bases trade, that's why I'm exploring all possible options. Simply put:

- For every domestic base (within your base continent), it equals 1 base point
- For every international base (outside your base continent), it equals 2 base points

[Bindu] That will be a good combination to consider: 12 bases, with 6 domestic and 3 international... that way, we can have a good competition.

[Mastafa] I understand you want the 15 domestic bases, but, as I read through the bases rules by pseudoswede, I'll make the bases unlimited to achieve the 15 domestic bases you want, which can be unfair to other players. We will need to explore other combinations so that we can have fair game.
Proud owner of

ID: 30954 · Owned Private Worlds 1596, 1757, 1936, and 2180 · Sojourner Dream · Need help on AM? Read my guides here

Mastafa

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: November 08, 2010, 03:13:47 am
as long as there is 15 domestic and 3 international, i will stay! ( i am putting this cap because in PW #1577, there is one base and i am stuck witha 25Million DOC)
Sincerely, Mastafa

wishfulanthony

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • My personal blog
Reply #71 on: November 08, 2010, 04:31:52 am
[Mastafa] That'll mean I'll do the combination of

Unlimited bases, 5 international bases

What do you think of the option for the other players? Is that good?
Proud owner of

Mastafa

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: November 08, 2010, 09:23:15 pm
[Mastafa] That'll mean I'll do the combination of

Unlimited bases, 5 international bases

What do you think of the option for the other players? Is that good?

well, i think it would be better to limit domestic too... cause ulmited is like a huge airline can just conquer all of... north america :o

that's why i think 5 international, 15 domestic is better
Sincerely, Mastafa

wishfulanthony

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • My personal blog
Reply #73 on: November 08, 2010, 10:42:38 pm
[mastafa] if you want 15 domestic bases, that'll mean I'll be doing unlimited bases. However, having 10 domestic bases along with 5 international, it would be more feasible because it would total to 20 bases total. Do you think it's a better plan? (cf. Pseudoswede's quote in my previous post)
Proud owner of

Mastafa

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: November 08, 2010, 11:02:55 pm
I really wanted 15 domestic (regional) because:

1) i am creating 9 hubs in North America (including YYZ) aand 3 hubs in Europe
2) that will limit users from creating bases all over the place like all the Good airports.
3) as superjumbo airlines will be limited to create hubs, it will allow new players to choose other good airports without like 9 competiters from jumbo airlines

Also, in South America, Africa, Middle East:

1) they have very few profitable airports

Limiting airlines from basing at airports there will be good for BINDU because otherwise the player will be fed up with soo many non profitable routes that they will go inactive. (isn't this true, Bindu?

Thus, 15 domestic bases is a more better option if you don't want players to go inactive/bankrupt (yeah, emailing :staff: for deletion). This will also improve the gameplay for new players, who join later into the game. ( i joined this world, unlimited bases (domestic) and i wanted to be deleted because of all the competition. Research any route from North America, you see like the top 10 airlines already there [even YYZ to YTZ :o ???).
Sincerely, Mastafa

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk