Airline Mogul Forum

PW1757 (Holiday Flight): FULL, Upcoming World Now Available

Mastafa

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: November 02, 2010, 05:20:49 pm
Can you clarify this:

15 domestic hubs and 5 international?

(to make it sound easier, edit the first post) (the small pencil... beside "modify")
Sincerely, Mastafa

wishfulanthony

• Airline Operative
  • Owner of Volcano Airways
    • View Profile
    • My personal blog
Reply #46 on: November 02, 2010, 07:36:31 pm
[mastafa] what I meant is 20 hubs total (aside from your base), comprising of:

- 15 domestic hubs
- 5 international hubs
Proud owner of

ID: 30954 · Owned Private Worlds 1596, 1757, 1936, and 2180 · Sojourner Dream · Need help on AM? Read my guides here

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: November 02, 2010, 09:49:25 pm
But if you do decide to open 5 foreign hubs, you can only have 5 domestic hubs.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

orlando702

• Airline Operative
  • CEO of JET America
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: November 03, 2010, 12:08:50 am
How was the parade for the giants.?.. Btw does anyone know how to paint the a/c templates on adobe photoshop or a good tutorial?

thanks
MCO at

Owner and CEO of

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: November 03, 2010, 06:07:56 am
If you want information on plane templates, the Liveries Topic would be more suitable. It is fairly long, but has some useful stuff if you go back.

wishfulanthony

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • My personal blog
Reply #50 on: November 03, 2010, 05:23:48 pm
[orlando702] The parade does not start until 11am today... in fact, right after my only class at univ, I'll go right away to the parade!

[pseudo] Ah, I did not know that... what's technically the rule? My current world is set to unlimited bases, that's why! :P I might need to adjust the rules to make up for the number of bases I want to have...

Proud owner of

ID: 30954 · Owned Private Worlds 1596, 1757, 1936, and 2180 · Sojourner Dream · Need help on AM? Read my guides here

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: November 03, 2010, 06:11:52 pm
[pseudo] Ah, I did not know that... what's technically the rule? My current world is set to unlimited bases, that's why! :P I might need to adjust the rules to make up for the number of bases I want to have...

Simply put, just assign a 1-point per base value to the number of domestic bases allowed. Each domestic base will use 1 point of that allocation; each foreign base will use 2 points.

With your [5]15 designation, a player has the following choices

* 15 domestic bases (15 points)
* 13 domestic bases (13 points), 1 foreign base (2 points)
* 11 domestic bases (11 points), 2 foreign bases (4 points)
* 9 domestic bases (9 points), 3 foreign bases (6 points)
* 7 domestic bases (7 points), 4 foreign bases (8 points)
* 5 domestic bases (5 points), 5 foreign bases (10 points)

If you want a player to have literally up to 15 domestic bases and 5 foreign bases, then you'll have to allow for unlimited domestic bases (and restricting the number of foreign bases to 5).
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 06:13:26 pm by pseudoswede »

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

Mastafa

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: November 03, 2010, 08:47:21 pm
Well, I dont mind. The current setting: 15 domestic, 5 foreign is ok for me. (if you set it to unlimited, probably i wont join cause of Competetion! ;) 
Sincerely, Mastafa

orlando702

• Airline Operative
  • CEO of JET America
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: November 04, 2010, 04:31:29 am
I think the bases should be a lil restricted.. cuz then people will go crazy... 
MCO at

Owner and CEO of

wishfulanthony

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • My personal blog
Reply #54 on: November 04, 2010, 06:00:46 am
[pseudo] thanks for the clarification!

OK, so my decision will be 20 bases total, wherein 5 of them will be international. So the set up would be:

10 domestic bases x 1 point = 10 bases points
5 international bases x 2 points = 10 bases points
-------------
20 bases points total

how's that set up for the world? Is it fair?
Proud owner of

orlando702

• Airline Operative
  • CEO of JET America
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: November 04, 2010, 08:13:17 pm
Hey Have you decided what a/c for the world?
MCO at

Owner and CEO of

wishfulanthony

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • My personal blog
Reply #56 on: November 04, 2010, 08:48:49 pm
[orlando702] Yes, I did. It will be 3 x Embraer ERJ-145LRs, the same starting aircraft from my current world. That will make everyone happy!
Proud owner of

Mastafa

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: November 05, 2010, 01:19:44 am
Yup, the game's fair...

Sincerely, Mastafa

dannykelly22

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: November 05, 2010, 11:27:39 am
AWA - Aer World Airlines - We are willing to join this world as we thoroughly enjoyed your last world. (as i have came 1st) We were Aer Lingus however due to rules we changed to AWA- Aer World Airlines. Anyone looking for any advice on how to achieve this position or any help throughout the game, feel free to contact me, one thing i will say though is alliances are the way to go, though it has to be a controlled alliance with rules, otherwise it just does not work.

My start up base is once again ATL. I have an airline logo created and also a livery for my airline created.

The rest of my chosen bases I wish to keep to myself for competition reasons, As anyone who played the previous world knows i do not open all bases within a year. I will open a base and grow that base until im the number 1 operator there or the highest percentage of seats available i believe i can get.

I would like to put forward now an alliance. One World Alliance. I already have a logo for this alliance which i created in a previous public world which made it become the largest alliance in that world, bigger than the  Brokerage Alliance. Any member wishing to join this alliance please feel free, it will be a restricted alliance with a given set number of rules that airlines must agree to before joining as well as meeting a criteria. (pretty easy)

I obviously want to get as many airlines from as many different bases as possible, so e,g there must be no 2 airlines in the alliance operating from the same base unless authorised by the airline operating from that base in the alliance. This happened me in the previous world, i came to codeshare agreements and concentrated on long haul while one airline provided my short haul connecting flights. It really works and increases the number of flights within the alliance available. Let me know what u fink.

wishfulanthony

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • My personal blog
Reply #59 on: November 07, 2010, 03:58:25 am
[DannyKelly] Oh yes, I remember you as Aer World... well, thank you for your continued trust and you're more than welcome to join my upcoming world and continue your airline and alliance! And on the base rules, I've got no problem with that; do whatever it takes to make a healthy and vibrant world!

By the way, speaking of airline lists, I have the tentative list that you can view here (it opens as a Google Docs file). You can view it anytime and just inform me if you want to make any changes to it. Also included in the document is the new list for the potential start aircraft, and I'll update it whenever necessary with important updates.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 05:23:26 am by wishfulanthony »
Proud owner of

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk