Airline Mogul Forum

NOW OPEN! PW#1075 - Air Empires: The REAL World

tintinfan

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #120 on: November 15, 2009, 10:23:52 am
mine is €841,272! Gate costs are €4,100,000. I posted my plans to make a Low-cost Airline Alliance.
PW#409 - EruoConnect
PW#452 - British Caledonian
PW#721 - Global Airways
PW#1049 - South African Airways
PW#1075 - Ryanair

GoldDragonFly

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #121 on: November 15, 2009, 11:00:50 am
I am in the process of working on introducing a fun system into our world.

It basically will be called 'Air Empires Awards'

My idea is to give out awards to airlines, based on certain criteria. It will be a process which all players will be involved in, based on votes.

This is my thoughts:

Air Empire Awards categories:

1.) Airline of the year
This will be awarded after each game year. Three or four airlines will be nominated and the winner will be selected based on other awards earned, player participation, etc.

2.) Best low-cost airline
Same as above

3.) Best cabin staff
This will involve 'airline reports' on one of our forums. In this category each airline needs to outline their cabin crew and what they do. Based on this criteria, 3 or 4 airlines will be nominated and based on voting the winner will awared with this title.

4.) Best inflight entertainment
Same as above

5.) Best First, Business, Premium Economy, Economy class
Forum posts and airline reports will apply to this too.

6.) Best Airline alliance
Alliance owners/founders will be able to participate only. They will need to post on the forum why they are the best alliance and other players will vote for the winner.

7.) Best airport services
Based on forum posts and voting.

8.) Best airline lounge
Same as above

9.) Best onboard catering
Same as above

The award will be an award logo/design detailing the award that can be placed on your forum signature or with the airline logo in-game.

All players will be able to participate in the nomination and voting process and will have freedom to decide whether they want to participate in an award system. If most players agree to introducing this, I will set it up and coordinate the awards. Players will be notified when an award is up for grabs and then it will be up to you to convince the other players on why you should be voted for. Once we established who will be nominated to the 'final round', I will set up a voting system by which any player can vote for who they think should win.

Let me know what your thought are on this.  :D

jetrc

• Airline Operative
  • Aspiring airline CEO
    • View Profile
Reply #122 on: November 15, 2009, 11:03:08 am
I like this idea. SQ is aiming to be the airline of the year!  :D
Avalon Air, Coming Soon.

tintinfan

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #123 on: November 15, 2009, 11:22:50 am
Great idea! I want to win as best Low - Cost airline of the year.  :D
PW#409 - EruoConnect
PW#721 - Global Airways
PW#1075 - Ryanair

airlines08

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #124 on: November 15, 2009, 12:00:56 pm
Wow..!! It's great.. JAL will be nominated for the Airline of The Year..!!  :D

jetrc

• Airline Operative
  • Aspiring airline CEO
    • View Profile
Reply #125 on: November 15, 2009, 12:19:46 pm
Singapore Airlines also aims to win the Best Cabin Staff, Best In-flight Entertainment, and Basically, all the awards.  :D
Avalon Air, Coming Soon.

tintinfan

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #126 on: November 15, 2009, 12:29:17 pm
What chance do I have in the other awards  :roll:. I think ill stick to the low - cost award and I hope I win because im the only Low-Cost airline! :lol:. I wonder who will be the first Airline to buy a new plane.

Q: Is the awards split into Low - Cost Airlines and Normal Airlines?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 12:32:10 pm by tintinfan »
PW#409 - EruoConnect
PW#721 - Global Airways
PW#1075 - Ryanair

jetrc

• Airline Operative
  • Aspiring airline CEO
    • View Profile
Reply #127 on: November 15, 2009, 12:32:28 pm
What chance do I have in the other awards  :roll:. I think ill stick to the low - cost award and I hope I win because im the only Low-Cost airline! :lol:. I wonder who will be the first Airline to buy a new plane.
Maybe i should Launch Tiger Airways so that you can have some competition.  :D
Avalon Air, Coming Soon.

tintinfan

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #128 on: November 15, 2009, 12:54:46 pm
How kind of you, I like a challenge!
PW#409 - EruoConnect
PW#721 - Global Airways
PW#1075 - Ryanair

GoldDragonFly

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #129 on: November 15, 2009, 01:02:36 pm
My idea for the awards are that any airline can be in the run for the awards, except the low cost carrier award, which will obviously onlt be low cost airlines.

I will be designing the award logo today and post on here for some feedback. I want to launch the awards this week so that we can get going on it. It will be alot of fun!

airlines08

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #130 on: November 15, 2009, 01:41:00 pm
But, I think it's going to be controversy:

- when the airline only post all of the awards category without expand the airline.
- for someone who have a problem with writing an english language to persuade the others to vote.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 02:05:01 pm by airlines08 »

GoldDragonFly

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #131 on: November 15, 2009, 01:57:13 pm
If an airline wishes to be in the run for one of the awards, they have to proof why, i.e. if Delta Air Lines decide to run for Best Cabin staff, I would need to post a detailed desciption of what my cabin crew do, their uniforms, etc. on the forum. After a number of airlines posted similar posts, all players get to vote on these. The top 3 or 4 with the highest vote will then be in the line up for the actual award.

When posting for any award, you don't need to address the other players. It will be as if you are doing a presentation on the topic and presenting why you are the best in the category. Pretty much the same as doing an airline report.

Example for Airline of the year award:

'Delta Air Lines launched its maiden flight on ......... After the first year, the airline has shown growth and...... Delta's fleet consists of ..... etc.'

Regarding the language, I am more than happy to assist players who struggle with writing in english and I am sure other people will too.

Its just a fun aspect which I want to introduce and it will also be some healthy competition to win an award or multiple awards. Its solely up to you whether you want to particpate or not.

Does that clear up some of your concerns?

GoldDragonFly

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #132 on: November 15, 2009, 02:00:37 pm
I very quickly designed something which will possibly used for the award. I did it in 5 minutes so its not the final design.

If anyone else wishes to submit a design, please feel free to do so. (Just remember to design it in reference to signature size rules)

airlines08

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #133 on: November 15, 2009, 02:25:03 pm
Okay, clear enough. Of course I want to participate the awards, maybe I will focusing on the Best Cabin Staff and the Best in Flight Entertainment in the first year.  :D
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 02:34:03 pm by airlines08 »

steventommyobama

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #134 on: November 15, 2009, 02:43:35 pm
Ahhh SWEET!  My offsite forum post, http://albionairlines.freeforums.org/lufthansa-there-s-no-better-way-to-fly-t33.html pretty much sums it up!  And, could there be a best frequent flyer program award?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 12:33:14 am by steventommyobama »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk