Airline Mogul Forum

Help at beginning airlines

Exangelus

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: April 06, 2009, 01:55:10 pm
Hi All,

I'm new to AM and I allready had my acc reset once but I'm playing for a few days on PW461 and on a private world.
I'm not sure how to act so that I can grow within reasonable time.

PW461:
Sniller:
DOC=283k
I got one An-38-100 with which I started and another 3 An38-100's leased and a single Shorts 360-200 also leased.
The world is Middle east and Asia and I started in Abu Dhubai in the middle east. I got routes going to verious airports in
Saudi Arabia, Oman, UAE, Pakistan, Iran and Iraq.
Should I keep on leasing more aircraft of these types and build up my DOC and go on and on until I can buy my own aircraft like ATR72 or so, or shoudl I just be patient for a week and than order a ATR or similair type and in that way keep expending?

Priv. world:
MaddoxAir:
DOC=307k
I got one 737-300 which I got in the begin. I just started this world today. I got my base in London-Stansted and got 5 routes throughout europe.
Its only about 100 airlines so there bearily are leaseable aircraft only a EMB-120RT for 800.000 a month which I think isnt really profitable.
Should I buy alot of smaller aircraft like Antonov's/Shorts/Aerohotter or wait a little and buy ATR's and similair types and than keep on expending.
I quickly figured if I wait a few days(prob at least a week) and than buy another 737 I can nearly double my DOC and the next plane will come within about half the time period the the first one came but is this a reasonable theory or is it crap?

Please help me!

Exangelus

MaddoxAir Private world #398 - Sniller Public World #461

peterkirby

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • NetWorld Alliance
Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 05:47:34 pm
Small planes, small planes, small planes.

Cheaper aircraft can be acquired for less so that you can open more routes faster. The number of routes you have open is the single most important factor in determining your income. Get those short hop flights on some fast planes with moderate seating capacity... cheap (10 million or less per plane strongly suggested, with at least one plane type in the fleet of 5 million or less).

On my own account in public world 461, in the Middle East, I am running a bunch of VardaxServ AeroHotter aircraft, which are a mere 1.2 million each, but which seat 19 and thus can be put on a few flights for a strong profit relative to aircraft price.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 05:50:08 pm by peterkirby »
Airline 23317 (KirbAir / KRB)
Public World 461 and 506
Private World 82, 452, and 503

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 06:28:31 pm
You should be buying planes every day. The more the better. Leasing is a nice way to get started, but you should look into getting rid of leases as quickly as possible. Your target should be having a DOC that affords you a plane every 3-4 hours.

5 routes with a 737 from STN is too few. You should have at least 12-18 routes with that plane. By doing that, your DOC will double, almost triple.

Remember this: More planes = more routes = more money = more planes

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

Exangelus

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 09:59:59 pm
I now closed the route Stansted-Tenerife and made 3 new routes, 2 uk and 1 in germany and I got my DOC 150k up, thank you!
Furthermore I ordered a ATR72 and a F70, gonna test and make up which one is better to be buying in the future. I've seen alot of F70 vs ATR72 discussions in operating costs, speed and profit/cost so I was thinking to test out what works best.
I can't get 12-18 routes for a single B737 I think it's because the game is a 'Large world' so I got very few regional airports, only the big ones which are a little further away from each other.

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 10:06:18 pm
I can't get 12-18 routes for a single B737 I think it's because the game is a 'Large world' so I got very few regional airports, only the big ones which are a little further away from each other.

Sorry about that. Nonetheless, especially in those worlds, cramming as many flights into your starter aircraft is the best way to get your DOC up and buying planes quickly.

Planet Express Airways

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.

Exangelus

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 09:39:36 am
Np, thanks for all the help so far. Got another question(hope you don't mind ;)). My doc is 772k. This morning at 7.50 I had +- 2m on my bank balance. It's now 10.40 and I already got 4,7m but only 3 days have passed so how did I get so many cash?

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 07, 2009, 09:54:51 am
772k x 3 = 2.316 mil
If you had  2.4 mil this morning, you would have 4.7 mil now. :roll:
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Exangelus

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 07, 2009, 10:09:34 am
 :-[ Excuse me for my poor maths.

Exangelus

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: April 07, 2009, 12:22:29 pm
I got two more questions. I got 25 destinations in europe, I can take some more high pax airports in southern europe but not really much due to the 'Large world'. Now I got 2 options I think, I got 1 737-300 myself and a 737-200 + EMB120-RT leased and I got a ATR72 and F70 ordered. Now when I get the new planes shall I end the leased and replace those flight with the new aircraft or create a new base in a large airport(Amsterdam, Paris, Frankfurt etc.) and start routes with the 2 new aircraft from there?
I think the last option is the best but if I'm right is it neccesary to take an airport with like 40m + pax with 300/350k per gate and than another 20m~ for the base or is a smaller airport with gates that cost around 200/250k and have 20m + pax good aswell?

Thanks in advance 8)!

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: April 07, 2009, 12:26:42 pm
Nono... keep th lease, put the new planes on routes from your current base.
D Express (id 616) 8)

Exangelus

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: April 07, 2009, 12:54:33 pm
I can bearily put them on routes from my current base, I will have to go to far destinations than which was disrecommended because more routes per plane is better doc and vica versa or does that only count for your first plane?

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: April 07, 2009, 02:33:04 pm
I can bearily put them on routes from my current base, I will have to go to far destinations than which was disrecommended because more routes per plane is better doc and vica versa or does that only count for your first plane?

Well, once you have flown to all close-by destinations, you need to work your way outwards. In a Large World, that happens much quicker than a Full World.

Planet Express Airways

Exangelus

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: April 07, 2009, 04:49:06 pm
Okay, thanks dktc and pseudoswede for all the help so far. Tonight when I get my planes I'm gonna set them up for the destinations a little further away until I got like whole europe and than start another base in europe to open new routes out of there.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: April 07, 2009, 05:08:48 pm
Going for the whole Europe before setting up another base might be over-doing it a little bit. There is not fixed point where one should open your new base. Just watch your cash and DOC.
D Express (id 616) 8)

Exangelus

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: April 07, 2009, 05:13:55 pm
Okay, well I got 25 out of 64 destinations in Europe now so with 2 more planes I could bring that up to 40-45 destinations and than when DOC won't grow that fast anymore open a new base in central europe.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk