What drives you crazy in your flight sim

zenmen5

• Airline Operative
  • I'm Baaack!
    • View Profile
on: August 17, 2008, 05:32:01 am
well to start
[1]my 747-400 planes always veer to the side when i try to take off
[2]My Antonov fleet has unretractable gears(yes i use X-plane)
[3]I crash on seemingly perfect decents
yours anyone?
Id:14174

The new definition of crazy:
http://www.timecube.com/

killian320

• Airline Operative
  • Killiarney :P
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 09:48:43 am
X52 Flight Control System - the twist that is supposed to move rudders etc, veers right constantly, making flying impossible :(

Hampo

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 01:24:11 pm
X52 Flight Control System - the twist that is supposed to move rudders etc, veers right constantly, making flying impossible :(

Needs calibrating

killian320

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 10:24:51 am
Meh, when I do that the problem persists..  :'(

flyNWA

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 08:54:44 pm
Flight dynamics of some freeware add-ons in FSX...Did a barrel roll in a 747-200, 500 ft. above the Seattle airport (yeah...I Know...X-Plane).  I also flew it half way to LAX upside down before I got a headache.

The fact that my multiplayer connection always quits on me.

The fact that it's impossible to find new aircraft for FSX =/. Hate being stuck with the generics...

abarter

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 11:28:23 pm
Blurries in FS2004. DX10 STILL not working as advertised in FSX.

abarter

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 11:32:37 pm
FlyNWA, what aircraft are you looking for? Have you tried Premier Aircraft? Camsim? Those are a couple of freeware one's I can think of off the top of my head. I agree there's still not allot available for FSX almost 2 years after it's introduction. For payware there's PIC 320 and 737, PMDG 747, LevelD 767.

Flight dynamics of some freeware add-ons in FSX...Did a barrel roll in a 747-200, 500 ft. above the Seattle airport (yeah...I Know...X-Plane).  I also flew it half way to LAX upside down before I got a headache.

The fact that my multiplayer connection always quits on me.

The fact that it's impossible to find new aircraft for FSX =/. Hate being stuck with the generics...

zkvac

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • granturismoworld.piczo.com
Reply #7 on: August 19, 2008, 05:37:12 am
CTDs. Those of you having trouble finding aircraft, there are literally thousands on www.flightsim.com , www.avsim.com , www.fsfield.com and www.simviation.com.
Public World #2119 - VincentAir (Australasia)

flyNWA

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 19, 2008, 08:40:23 pm
Avsim and Flightsim are my two most visited sites for freeware! Im searching for basic planes...A319's old model 737's, 757 (-200 and -300)and other long haulers (777,767, 330).  Seems alot of them are payware...so I may have to start buying them  :roll:

Isnt there  a way to convert FS9 pieces of metal into FSX metal? Thought i read about that somewhere...

Also if anyone could give me a link to a repaint tutorial that would be neat.  I've always wanted to creat liveries  :)

killian320

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: August 19, 2008, 08:48:10 pm
Avsim and Flightsim are my two most visited sites for freeware! Im searching for basic planes...A319's old model 737's, 757 (-200 and -300)and other long haulers (777,767, 330).  Seems alot of them are payware...so I may have to start buying them  :roll:

Isnt there  a way to convert FS9 pieces of metal into FSX metal? Thought i read about that somewhere...

Also if anyone could give me a link to a repaint tutorial that would be neat.  I've always wanted to creat liveries  :)

http://www.calclassic.com/repaint.htm

Repaint tutorial =)

Cheung Airlines

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: August 20, 2008, 09:53:47 am
Trubo-props that is capable of flying 2000kts

717 that can reach Mach 1

Crashed for no reason

Caravelle without Reverse thrust

And Jetway...... >:(

My ID: |||||||||  - ||||||||||||||||
             A M ID:  1  02 5   2    (0)

flyNWA

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: August 20, 2008, 10:46:36 pm
Whats wrong with the jetways?!  :-\

FSX ones are fanastic.

Except when you pull a -700 to the gate and the door drops down  :(

Should have made a regular door and one with stairs.

czhang

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • Threshold Airlines news room @ Networld Alliance
Reply #12 on: August 21, 2008, 01:55:55 pm
Well the jetways in FS9 kinda suck...its too high for most (if not all) planes...
I also hate it when A/C randomly veer off-track during take-off

*747 sounds are copied over from 737 sounds :(
*no rudder control on a laptop with a joystick that doesn't twist (very annoying to use differential brakes to turn)
*unnoticeable turbulence and wind shear, even when set to maximum
*V-cockpit view has many functions missing/inoperable
*You have no copilot (ok i dont mind this but its kinda unrealistic)

except for the rudder controls and veering to the side on take-off the rest are just minor annoyances ;)

Threshold Airlines (XTX) - ID 9866
Smart Flying - Networld Alliance

cyon20

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: August 21, 2008, 05:43:28 pm
In FS9,

1)Having to wait more than 30 minute, burning up 2000 gallons of fuel, just to wait to takeoff. (have Ultimate Traffic)
2)Whenever I go to view the outside of a B747-400, for some reason the nose wheel always collapses and it says that I crashed. >:( >:( >:(
3)Taking 10 tries to land one good landing

I know there's a lot more but I cant think of them now  ;)

Now Serving [W8] & [W10]

Southeastern Airlines [PW140]

zkvac

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • granturismoworld.piczo.com
Reply #14 on: August 25, 2008, 10:42:32 am

Try www.projectopensky.com for most Heavy Metal. Also if you don't like the panel/sounds a plane has, you can download new panel/soundpacks from Avsim or Flightsim.com. If there's something you don't like there's probably a download to fix it.

Try www.nzff.org for help, or just for a great FS community dedicated to simming around fantastic NZ! There are more addons per capita for NZ than anywhere else in the world!
Public World #2119 - VincentAir (Australasia)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk