Airline Mogul Forum

Cheating or just unfair?

christianxxx

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: June 04, 2008, 04:42:04 pm
Hi,

I was really excited to see that world 8 opened today, as my project in world 3 has stalled.
Part from the aircraft, the setup is pretty much the same, which suites me. Starting cash is €500.000.

To my surprise there was already heavy competition in my area, 17 hours before gamestart.
I did a little research and a little math, and I found out my competitor has rented gates for €2.800.000!!!
And the research costs comes on top of that.
As we're not making any money yet, this has to be either a cheater or something unfair (it has a personally different setup or something).
I'm somewhat discouraged from continuing as its setup gives a DOP probably 4x mine, and I really want to see an explanation to how this is possible.

I have suspected this from my previous project. I saw many performing beyond what the region would make possible, at least over such short period of time.
On that project I blamed my self for not seeing opportunities, but here we see real evidence.

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 04:44:58 pm
Quote from: "christianxxx"
my competitor has rented gates for €2.800.000!!!

It's possible to rent gates even when you don't have enough cash, as long as airline value stays above a certain limit. Renting gates well over starting cash is absolutely normal. Indeed, you should do the same.

So, no cheating there, I think. And since you can/should do the same, it's not even unfair. :)

christianxxx

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 04:56:44 pm
I had NO IDEA! If I knew this earlier, so many things could have been different. Wish me luck! Or rather, wish my opponents luck... ;)

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 07:21:53 pm
LOL! Don't worry. I didn't start playing that long ago and you wouldn't believe the mistakes I made at first.

It's a learning experience. Just try things out and you'll soon get the hang of it. I'd recommend taking some time to browse through this forum as there is a lot of knowledge to gather here.

Otherwise, keep it fun and... GOT GET 'EM! :lol:

MattLeffler

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 07:18:25 am
So lets say World 8 began less than 24 hours ago and we all started with 500,000 and one plane right?  So how can a player have more than one plane?  In the first game month I would think no airline would sput its only plane up for sale...I figured you could create another airline and sell that airlines only plane to yourself.  Is there another way?  Do some players get planes quicker than 24 hours?
dderall Air
-Where the Speed is in the cockpit.

zkvac

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • granturismoworld.piczo.com
Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 07:23:52 am
Quote from: "MattLeffler"
So lets say World 8 began less than 24 hours ago and we all started with 500,000 and one plane right?  So how can a player have more than one plane?  In the first game month I would think no airline would sput its only plane up for sale...I figured you could create another airline and sell that airlines only plane to yourself.  Is there another way?  Do some players get planes quicker than 24 hours?

You may be talking about a game broker. They get scraps.
Public World #2119 - VincentAir (Australasia)

brotonee

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 07:25:42 am
As far as I know, it is not possible to sell the first aircraft until you have others.

It is most likely that the player in question is a broker (brokers get scraps) or that there is a database error.
6: Koruconnect - NZM - Australasia - Sky World Global Alliance - No longer operational
W8: Bluebird - DJI - Australasia
Global AM ID: 8834

zkvac

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 06, 2008, 07:31:27 am
Quote from: "brotonee"
As far as I know, it is not possible to sell the first aircraft until you have others.

It is most likely that the player in question is a broker (brokers get scraps) or that there is a database error.

Just said that, but cheers anyway... :roll:

brotonee

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: June 06, 2008, 07:32:47 am
I must have loaded the reply page before you posted...  :roll:

Regardless, I doubt there is much or any cheating going on.
6: Koruconnect - NZM - Australasia - Sky World Global Alliance - No longer operational
W8: Bluebird - DJI - Australasia
Global AM ID: 8834

MattLeffler

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: June 06, 2008, 07:37:31 am
they get scraps?  In the first game month?  For instance to prove my point I went to the bottom of the rankings and found an airlines that has .... no airplane.  What would be the point there?
dderall Air

MattLeffler

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: June 06, 2008, 07:47:20 am
its all good.  Nahh...doubt a rampant issue.  Good players will make good decision and move up and I'll just pop another adderall and devote my day at work to the game gotta love working in IT for nonprofits.   :wink:
dderall Air

zkvac

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: June 06, 2008, 07:49:21 am
Quote from: "MattLeffler"
they get scraps?  In the first game month?  For instance to prove my point I went to the bottom of the rankings and found an airlines that has .... no airplane.  What would be the point there?

If an account is reset/cancelled. Maybe if someone chooses the wrong base. The planes have to go somewhere.

DVA 4890

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: June 06, 2008, 12:07:56 pm
I Just bought two emb-110P2 so no harm done

fenati2

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: June 06, 2008, 02:38:08 pm
all this is possible.

but by the other hand, we yes, have cheaters on the game. its easy to see them; check the 10 top players of your world and you will see 99,5% loadfactors. thats absolutely impossible unless they use some cheating script to update their routes.

you can see that the real players, have 80, 85%: thats the best you can get when you have so many routes. im world#6 number 17 in the rank, and i cant get more then 87% loadfactor, because i would have to stay the entire day updating my routes. if i click right now on routes under 50% loadfactor, i get more then 150 routes do edit. imagine someone twice as bigger then me, with 95% loadfactor...

santa claus i guess.
enair - Connecting Europe Smartly

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: June 06, 2008, 02:50:10 pm
Quote from: "fenati2"
check the 10 top players of your world and you will see 99,5% loadfactors. thats absolutely impossible unless they use some cheating script to update their routes.

Enough with this nonsense. Just because some people don't know how to or don't have the time to play properly, that's no excuse to accuse others of cheating.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk