Airline Mogul Forum

Cheating or just unfair?

SkinnyRabbit

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: June 06, 2008, 02:59:34 pm
fenati, they have so many routes that their loadfactor is extremely high, only because a small portion of the routes is under 100% LF it still stays high. Unlke people with a low amount of routes.

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: June 06, 2008, 03:04:50 pm
For the really large airlines, you have to consider that most of the routes they fly have very little to no competition because they fly to just about every airport anywhere near their hubs, most of these routes are so obscure, they have no competition, and so they do not have to update most of their routes.
As someone previously pointed out, it is easier to maintain a 95% + load factor with 1000 routes than with 100 routes.

fenati2

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: June 06, 2008, 07:08:15 pm
i insist. that this is no excuse. i also have a big airline, i fly to almost every possible place below 2000nm arround my bases, and im saying is impossible to get 99.5% and mantain it. In europe, from big bases like mine, say frankfurt, madrid, etc, there is NO ROUTE without some competition.

its not a nonsense, for christ sake. i doubt is too hard for someone who knows programming well to make a greasemonkey script or something.

you have to at least agree with me that for a big airline to mantain above 90% loadfactor you have to be the entire day editing routes.
enair - Connecting Europe Smartly

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: June 06, 2008, 07:17:46 pm
Quote from: "fenati2"
In europe, from big bases like mine, say frankfurt, madrid, etc, there is NO ROUTE without some competition.

There are plenty. (Oops, I somehow assumed that you were in World 3.)

its not a nonsense, for christ sake. i doubt is too hard for someone who knows programming well to make a greasemonkey script or something.

Agreed.

you have to at least agree with me that for a big airline to mantain above 90% loadfactor you have to be the entire day editing routes.

Almost two weeks ago, I edited all my routes with <75% loads. Took about a total two hours (over the span of the day) since I hadn't done it in weeks. Went from 83% overall to 97%. Since then, my load factor has only dropped about 2%. Sure I've added quite a few routes since then, but the rate at which routes with <75% loads show up is much less.

The one nice thing about the 1200-player limit is that my DOP and loads don't fluctuate as wildly as before. In the future, I honestly think 10-year full worlds could handle upwards of 1500 players without too much heartburn.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

DVA 4890

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: June 06, 2008, 07:53:36 pm
I'm getting a lot better and become a bigger airline
In world 6 I'm ranked in the 100's and in world 8 I'm ranked like 35
It's all about location location location
You will learn the tricks of the trade
I also don't edit anything under 75% because i could do it for a day or two and still not be done
One more thing don't start at the airport that is you favorite but it is small because you wont make any money

dominicyap

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: June 07, 2008, 04:28:03 am
Enough with this nonsense. Just because some people don't know how to or don't have the time to play properly, that's no excuse to accuse others of cheating.

Oh thats just because "Lusitana" is the first airline in world #3 (in terms of rankings) and maintains 97.45% loadfactor[/quote]
outh East Asian Airlines brings you overSEAs

cameron1991

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: June 07, 2008, 04:48:10 am
Quote from: "DVA 4890"

I agree, don't ever start at your favourite airport, unless its something big like Atlanta or Chicago...
I started in Auckland in W8, and I've expanded to most of New Zealand already, and I've still only got a DOP of $150,000
So ill need to open another base in either Wellington or Christchurch soon to increase my DOP....

The problem with starting in an airport in another country is that you don't know any of the airports there, and its very hard to find an airport within range of your aircraft. I would love to start in the U.S, but I don't know any of the airports around there except for the major cities like LA, SF, NY etc...
Jetstar Airways, W8,W9     Europe Blue, W10

ID:12870

DVA 4890

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: June 07, 2008, 05:11:21 am
Quote from: "cameron1991"
Quote from: "DVA 4890"

I agree, don't ever start at your favourite airport, unless its something big like Atlanta or Chicago...
I started in Auckland in W8, and I've expanded to most of New Zealand already, and I've still only got a DOP of $150,000
So ill need to open another base in either Wellington or Christchurch soon to increase my DOP....

The problem with starting in an airport in another country is that you don't know any of the airports there, and its very hard to find an airport within range of your aircraft. I would love to start in the U.S, but I don't know any of the airports around there except for the major cities like LA, SF, NY etc...

See im from atlanta so i no all the airports people dont know about that delta fly's to

IceTrojan

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: June 07, 2008, 07:18:02 am
all this is possible.

but by the other hand, we yes, have cheaters on the game. its easy to see them; check the 10 top players of your world and you will see 99,5% loadfactors. thats absolutely impossible unless they use some cheating script to update their routes.

you can see that the real players, have 80, 85%: thats the best you can get when you have so many routes. im world#6 number 17 in the rank, and i cant get more then 87% loadfactor, because i would have to stay the entire day updating my routes. if i click right now on routes under 50% loadfactor, i get more then 150 routes do edit. imagine someone twice as bigger then me, with 95% loadfactor...

santa claus i guess.
I guess that's how you make yourself feel better?
img]http://airlinemogul.com/airlinelogos/8693.png[/img]

IceTrojan

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: June 07, 2008, 07:22:46 am
i insist. that this is no excuse. i also have a big airline, i fly to almost every possible place below 2000nm arround my bases, and im saying is impossible to get 99.5% and mantain it. In europe, from big bases like mine, say frankfurt, madrid, etc, there is NO ROUTE without some competition.

Actually, it's damn near impossible for me to do that, since I have no idea how to program.

No, I don't have to agree.  But I don't suck at this game.
img]http://airlinemogul.com/airlinelogos/8693.png[/img]

epxair

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: June 07, 2008, 07:44:39 am
there are some reasons why LF drops so dramatically within a short time.....

1. Larger planes mean more seats, more profits (theoretically)......however, if one edit the fare cheaper than your route, your profit and load factor get severe damage because you are using a LARGE plane!!!(eg. 767)

2. over focus on short haul routes......short haul routes are the ones which always have intense competition!!!! so why not fly to somewhere farther but less or even NO competition?? take my airline of W6 as an example.....i fly to more than 1800 airports from atlanta.....

by now.....i just edit my routes about every 3 days (W6)....and my LF still maintain very well.....
my suggestion is that if someone compete with you.......just let them go.....don't change your fleet so often.....
remember you also need research fee in order to edit a route...
only renew your fleet unless you can earn more significantly....and try more long haul.... :D

p.s. i never use cheats....also i have stated many times it is not wise to build a base on my bases :D
uropacific Air.....id: 4659
A member of Universal Empire Alliance
Partners: British Airways, Vladivostok Avia, Virgin America, Airblue

designed by killian320

SeaBlue Pacific Air

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: June 07, 2008, 08:55:03 am
Quote from: "epxair"

p.s. i never use cheats....also i have stated many times it is not wise to build a base on my bases :D

Please don't  build a base in ORD. :twisted:

epxair

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: June 07, 2008, 10:15:28 am
Quote from: "SeaBlue Pacific Air"
Quote from: "epxair"

Please don't  build a base in ORD. :twisted:

actually i quite regret that i didn't start off in ORD :(
from my experience.....i believe LHR is the best base to start......(though i haven't tried)...and the second is ORD :D
uropacific Air.....id: 4659
A member of Universal Empire Alliance
Partners: British Airways, Vladivostok Avia, Virgin America, Airblue

designed by killian320

fenati2

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: June 07, 2008, 06:03:57 pm
Quote from: "IceTrojan"

Actually, it's damn near impossible for me to do that, since I have no idea how to program.

No, I don't have to agree.  But I don't suck at this game.

?? i dont understand why are you atackin me, i dont even think we are in the same wolrd (im #6) anyway, i also think i dont "suck" because im playing for the first time and im already top 10 on europe

fenati2

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: June 07, 2008, 06:20:59 pm
Some posts here made me reconsider about the high loadfactor. But by the other hand i still think is very weird some airlines mantain 99.5% for such an incredibly long time!

I agree with the big base starting. In this round i started in prage, and my begining bases were all secondary airports such as berlin; as i grew up i started closing this bases and opening bigger bases. That keeped me from growing a lot faster, but at least i realized about this soon. The problem was, i had a 58 F28-4000 fleet by that time (wich were better than the 737 on my secondary bases). But they did not worked well on the new big bases such as madrid - that made me have to wait the incoming fokkers i had bought, to sell them, start buying 737s and reorder my airline. It worked. In one of my bases the 737 proof not to be the best option; i was competing with 767s, A300 and MD-81. Then i started buying 767 along with the 737s;

I also made a huge mistake buying 747 as soon as they were released. My option was for the 747-300 with best engine; a 477 million plane. As they take 200 days to be delivered, i buyed 8 of them in advance, instead of buying only 1 to see if it works. The result: a 380k profit on the first of them, wich was a total disapointment; i had to sell them and the thing is, no one seemed to want it :(
so i was stucked with 8 state-of-the-art-that-doesnt-work planes for sale, and it took days for them to be selled.

anyway now things are goin normal even though i lost a lot of time and money making mistakes!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk