Airline Mogul Forum

I really need help here!

Steeler83

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: March 19, 2008, 02:24:45 pm
Ok, someone is definitely out to run me off the face of the earth, and I will NOT succumb to this kind of play.  What this airline is doing to me is downright sinful, and I wish to do everything I can to fight back.  Yes, I understand I made some foolish decisions, but please someone out there please advise me of what to do here.  I am at the end of my rope and I do not want to quit this game.  This will only be a victory for him and I do not want him to be victorious.  He came after me at one hub, which I could take.  But then he came after me at another which is, to me, below the belt.

I have been dropping fares into the dirt, which I know is a very silly thing to do.  This is why I need help...

I want to get even.  Please help me!  What aircraft should I purchase, etc...?
teeler83
Founder and CEO of Buon Giorno! Airlines

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 02:26:04 pm
The ATR-42-320.. I have some at 13m  :lol:

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 02:45:44 pm
*sigh* another E1 flights out of the dozens each week. Nothing that we can do about it due to the fact that its legal and airlines in reality actually do those flights...

anyway, I'm guessing that it's E1 flights

Steeler83

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 02:51:50 pm
It's not necessarily E1 flights.  Many are some 30-40 Euros below mine...

As far as those ATRs are concerned, I think I will consider those at the beginning of the month.  I don't want to secure any new aircraft at the moment.  I still want to have cash at the end/start of the month...
teeler83

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 04:25:08 pm
1 767-200ER = 5 Caravelle Super 10Bs = 7 Fokker F28 1000s

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

Steeler83

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 05:03:47 pm
Quote from: "pseudoswede"

Do you suggest I use some significantly larger aircraft to compete with this airline on some domestic routes?
teeler83

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 05:05:31 pm
I think he means the opposite, but you can never be too sure.

Steeler83

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 05:14:24 pm
Quote from: "MrOrange"
I think he means the opposite, but you can never be too sure.

Hmm, come to think of it, I think he does mean the opposite, which I was about to do anyway.  I still have 3 more F28s on order.  My 767s will be used solely for international/transatlantic flights.  The way that was worded had me scratching my head for a second...

I still have my shorts with me.  Maybe I should bring some back from retirement and use them.  I still want to leave them for other fellow alliance members tho.  I am keeping my BAE 146 for that purpose as well.
teeler83

Dooskie III

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: March 19, 2008, 05:28:24 pm
Quote from: "iranair777"
*sigh* another E1 flights out of the dozens each week. Nothing that we can do about it due to the fact that its legal and airlines in reality actually do those flights...

anyway, I'm guessing that it's E1 flights

Nope, not E1 flights at all.  8)

Dooskie III

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: March 19, 2008, 05:39:08 pm
Quote from: "Steeler83"
Ok, someone is definitely out to run me off the face of the earth, and I will NOT succumb to this kind of play.  What this airline is doing to me is downright sinful, and I wish to do everything I can to fight back.  Yes, I understand I made some foolish decisions, but please someone out there please advise me of what to do here.  I am at the end of my rope and I do not want to quit this game.  This will only be a victory for him and I do not want him to be victorious.  He came after me at one hub, which I could take.  But then he came after me at another which is, to me, below the belt.

I have been dropping fares into the dirt, which I know is a very silly thing to do.  This is why I need help...

I want to get even.  Please help me!  What aircraft should I purchase, etc...?

This kind of play? What kind of play? Nasty play would have been if I had come in and put everything at one Euro, or had done what you like to do, which is run 2x, 3x and 4x frequencies on a route, or run a couple of planes on the same route, or if I had targeted only the routes where you had flights. I didn't do any of that. Every single route has a competitive fare and there is not a single one of them where I attempted to run you out of the route, and I have not attempted to run you out of your hub(s). My attempt has been to find equilibrium on the fares on each route. Isn't that supposed to be how you play the game? I invite everyone's comments on this. And as far as it being an 'attack' on YOUR hub, well, ummm, last round my percentage in Pit was 65% plus, so I'm not sure how that makes this YOUR hub. Please explain that to me as well. Seems to me that YOU are the one that is playing vindictively and 'wants to get even.' And YOU are the one trying to rally everyone against ME, when I haven't done anything wrong. Again, I invite comment. 8)

Thanks_for_the_upgrade

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: March 19, 2008, 05:58:17 pm
Dooskie is just a really tough player actually.  Trust me. :)  

We went at it on a few routes last round and he isn't vindictive, just brutal.
UnderwAir [6] - Est. 1969.   (hehe, 69)

Dooskie III

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: March 19, 2008, 06:09:28 pm
Quote from: "Thanks_for_the_upgrade"
Dooskie is just a really tough player actually.  Trust me. :)  

We went at it on a few routes last round and he isn't vindictive, just brutal.

Brutal....hmmmm. Relentless maybe? I was on vacation during the last round and after having one of the toughest personal years of my life just needed a break from everything. AM was a great way to take my mind off of things. Plus up here in the 'frozen tundra,' there isn't much else to do during the winter when it's -5* outside every stinking day. lol 8)

Dooskie III

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: March 19, 2008, 06:20:43 pm
It's not necessarily E1 flights.  Many are some 30-40 Euros below mine...

As far as those ATRs are concerned, I think I will consider those at the beginning of the month.  I don't want to secure any new aircraft at the moment.  I still want to have cash at the end/start of the month...

Not true. Most were 5E below yours, which is the suggested way to play this game. I dropped some to 10E below yours when you came back to undercut me by a Euro, again a suggested way to play this game. I'd be happy to provide you with the threads if you like. Now as for dropping fares 30-40 Euro's, it seems that you are the one to have been doing this in retaliation. And I will correct myself here....if I put a 732a on a route where you have a smaller plane, yeah, to find equilibrium the price is probably going to be 30-40 Euro below yours, or maybe even more. But on similar sized planes I have not done this to you at all. This is NOT something that you are able to say however, as your retaliation attempts have been to put your fares at 50Euro where mine are 190Euro. Again, I invite comment from anyone who might be interested. And if you think that I am being a 'dirty' player, please explain that to me as well. 8)

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: March 19, 2008, 06:21:46 pm
Quote from: "pseudoswede"

Do you suggest I use some significantly larger aircraft to compete with this airline on some domestic routes?

You may have to put your int'l expansion on hold and put larger/faster planes than ATR's on the routes to compete. That's all I'm saying.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: March 19, 2008, 06:23:37 pm
Quote from: "Dooskie III"

This kind of play? What kind of play? Nasty play would have been if I had come in and put everything at one Euro, or had done what you like to do, which is run 2x, 3x and 4x frequencies on a route, or run a couple of planes on the same route, or if I had targeted only the routes where you had flights. I didn't do any of that. Every single route has a competitive fare and there is not a single one of them where I attempted to run you out of the route, and I have not attempted to run you out of your hub(s). My attempt has been to find equilibrium on the fares on each route. Isn't that supposed to be how you play the game? I invite everyone's comments on this. And as far as it being an 'attack' on YOUR hub, well, ummm, last round my percentage in Pit was 65% plus, so I'm not sure how that makes this YOUR hub. Please explain that to me as well. Seems to me that YOU are the one that is playing vindictively and 'wants to get even.' And YOU are the one trying to rally everyone against ME, when I haven't done anything wrong. Again, I invite comment. 8)

You want a comment? Here is mine: Every player can do what he wants to as long as he cares for the game rules. I have to say that I followed a player to some of his hubs, too. But I had those last round when he was not there and in Central America are not many airports that are worth to fly from. Feels so good to be No.1 here with about 30 aircrafts on order which will be placed on new routes soon 8)
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk