Airline Mogul Forum

I really need help here!

Dooskie III

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: March 19, 2008, 06:32:18 pm
Quote from: "AirHanoverInternational"
Quote from: "Dooskie III"

This kind of play? What kind of play? Nasty play would have been if I had come in and put everything at one Euro, or had done what you like to do, which is run 2x, 3x and 4x frequencies on a route, or run a couple of planes on the same route, or if I had targeted only the routes where you had flights. I didn't do any of that. Every single route has a competitive fare and there is not a single one of them where I attempted to run you out of the route, and I have not attempted to run you out of your hub(s). My attempt has been to find equilibrium on the fares on each route. Isn't that supposed to be how you play the game? I invite everyone's comments on this. And as far as it being an 'attack' on YOUR hub, well, ummm, last round my percentage in Pit was 65% plus, so I'm not sure how that makes this YOUR hub. Please explain that to me as well. Seems to me that YOU are the one that is playing vindictively and 'wants to get even.' And YOU are the one trying to rally everyone against ME, when I haven't done anything wrong. Again, I invite comment. 8)

You want a comment? Here is mine: Every player can do what he wants to as long as he cares for the game rules. I have to say that I followed a player to some of his hubs, too. But I had those last round when he was not there and in Central America are not many airports that are worth to fly from. Feels so good to be No.1 here with about 30 aircrafts on order which will be placed on new routes soon 8)

To my knowledge I have broken no rules, either those set by AM or the 'unwritten' rules of the game. If I have, please point them out so that #1, I can make sure that I don't do it again, because this is supposed to be a fun, competitive game and I wouldn't want to play unfairly, and #2, I will apologize here in the forum in front of everyone if I have done anything against the rules. If I HAVE broken any rules, I plead ignorance.  8)

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: March 19, 2008, 06:38:38 pm
For the record, ignorance is not going to get anyone out of any violations of the official game rules. 8)

As for the issue in discussion here.... the only comment I have is keep cool. Ice yourself down if needed before posting, or this would be unpleasant for any of us.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Dooskie III

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: March 19, 2008, 06:43:05 pm
Quote from: "Steeler83"
Ok, someone is definitely out to run me off the face of the earth, and I will NOT succumb to this kind of play.  What this airline is doing to me is downright sinful, and I wish to do everything I can to fight back.  Yes, I understand I made some foolish decisions, but please someone out there please advise me of what to do here.  I am at the end of my rope and I do not want to quit this game.  This will only be a victory for him and I do not want him to be victorious.  He came after me at one hub, which I could take.  But then he came after me at another which is, to me, below the belt.

I have been dropping fares into the dirt, which I know is a very silly thing to do.  This is why I need help...

I want to get even.  Please help me!  What aircraft should I purchase, etc...?

One final comment, at least for now. I find it interesting that you are trying to employ the help of so many people on this, when I haven't asked one single person for help. I'm just playing the game, and fairly I might add. I've also found it interesting how many players you have privately asked to have help you to rally against me. I've received PM's from a couple of them already telling me what you are trying to organize. Maybe this is all part of the game, which is fine, but when you are making me out to be the big bad bully, well, I'm not the one whining and crying and asking for everyone to help bail me out for stupid play and poor choices.  8)

Dooskie III

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: March 19, 2008, 06:47:30 pm
Quote from: "dktc"
For the record, ignorance is not going to get anyone out of any violations of the official game rules. 8)

As for the issue in discussion here.... the only comment I have is keep cool. Ice yourself down if needed before posting, or this would be unpleasant for any of us.

I surely wouldn't want to get banned, so if my posts are inappropriate let me know. I've read the Forum posting rules and don't see where anything that I have posted has been inappropriate and worthy of a veiled threat by an admin.  And I certainly haven't asked for any leniency if I have broken any rules. I have simply asked to be made aware of them so that I can make sure to be playing correctly and on a level field. To my knowledge, and I have read all of the posted rules (remember, this is the 'frozen tundra' and it's winter.....there's nothing else to do) and I do not see where I have broken any. But as an admin, hopefully in the best interest of the game you would be able to point out violations. 8)

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: March 19, 2008, 06:53:03 pm
I have not said that you have violated any rules (not that I have checked, because no one has reported anything and I have not seen your airline in our violation reports yet). The discussion is still pretty cool. No issue here... yet.

My first comment is to make sure some other players out there understand that pleading ignorance would not get them away from the penalties. Believe it or not, people don't bother to read the rules but read these comments in forum and interpret them in ways that are not what the users have in mind. I just want to make sure I don't get a "but he pleaded ignorance and nothing happened to him" email the next time I do someone in. Similar situations have happened (which ended up with the violators getting chewed out 8) )

My second comment is just a warning to everyone who have and/or will post(ed) here. It always happen, eventually.
D Express (id 616) 8)

Dooskie III

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: March 19, 2008, 07:00:27 pm
I have not said that you have violated any rules (not that I have checked, because no one has reported anything and I have not seen your airline in our violation reports yet). The discussion is still pretty cool. No issue here... yet.

My first comment is to make sure some other players out there understand that pleading ignorance would not get them away from the penalties. Believe it or not, people don't bother to read the rules but read these comments in forum and interpret them in ways that are not what the users have in mind. I just want to make sure I don't get a "but he pleaded ignorance and nothing happened to him" email the next time I do someone in. Similar situations have happened (which ended up with the violators getting chewed out 8) )

My second comment is just a warning to everyone who have and/or will post(ed) here. It always happen, eventually.

Fair enough. I appreciate your clarification and follow-up.  8)

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: March 19, 2008, 07:03:53 pm

One final comment, at least for now. I find it interesting that you are trying to employ the help of so many people on this, when I haven't asked one single person for help. I'm just playing the game, and fairly I might add. I've also found it interesting how many players you have privately asked to have help you to rally against me. I've received PM's from a couple of them already telling me what you are trying to organize. Maybe this is all part of the game, which is fine, but when you are making me out to be the big bad bully, well, I'm not the one whining and crying and asking for everyone to help bail me out for stupid play and poor choices.  8)

LOL this is indeed part of the game and AFAIK not against the rules. Depending on your gameplay it may be part of your strategy to have "unofficial" partners besides your alliance members (in case you joined one). But if someone starts to behave in the way you wrote he should be careful that it would not come back to him and people start to attack his bases. I noticed that you can do much better with kind words and if you try to meet some agreements with your toughest competitor.
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

Dooskie III

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: March 19, 2008, 07:06:40 pm

LOL this is indeed part of the game and AFAIK not against the rules. Depending on your gameplay it may be part of your strategy to have "unofficial" partners besides your alliance members (in case you joined one). But if someone starts to behave in the way you wrote he should be careful that it would not come back to him and people start to attack his bases. I noticed that you can do much better with kind words and if you try to meet some agreements with your toughest competitor.

My apologies for being old and dumb, but what does AFAIK mean?  8)

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: March 19, 2008, 07:14:27 pm

LOL needed to learn that, too: As Far As I Know.

Dooskie III

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: March 19, 2008, 07:34:12 pm

LOL needed to learn that, too: As Far As I Know.

Thanks! Keep in mind that I'm an old foggie that JUST got his first cell phone yesterday. But for 98-years-old (according to the Social Security Department) I'm still spry.  8)

Steeler83

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: March 19, 2008, 07:44:23 pm
Hey, cut me a break ok?  When it comes to this game I am not a fast learner...
teeler83
Founder and CEO of Buon Giorno! Airlines

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: March 19, 2008, 07:51:54 pm

Thanks! Keep in mind that I'm an old foggie that JUST got his first cell phone yesterday. But for 98-years-old (according to the Social Security Department) I'm still spry.  8)

You are welcome. So this makes you almost three times older than me :lol:

Dooskie III

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: March 19, 2008, 07:58:01 pm

You are welcome. So this makes you almost three times older than me :lol:

Naw, the Social Security Department mistakenly has my birthday as being born in 1910 instead of 1960. Absolute joke trying to get them to fix it. Someday I'll hopefully be the oldest person in the U.S., at least according to their record keeping.  8)

Thanks_for_the_upgrade

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: March 19, 2008, 08:09:54 pm

He uses child labor - does that count?

His pilots also sneak in to my PHX club lounges and drink like crazy before work.
UnderwAir [6] - Est. 1969.   (hehe, 69)

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: March 19, 2008, 08:11:12 pm
Quote from: "Thanks_for_the_upgrade"
He uses child labor - does that count?

:? eh?
D Express (id 616) 8)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk