Airline Mogul Forum

Your faveorite Airline

thecoffeecake

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: March 10, 2008, 11:48:44 pm
i can bet most of us have been on more than one airline. Which one is, favourite, least favourite, ect.. and why. My best experience was on my way to greece going from JFK to Amsterdam on KLM. This flight was amazing, each seat had its own tv and a remote on the side. There were amazing movies, amazing tv shows, music, all playable whenever you wanted them, pause to eat, pause to sleep it was great. of course ive never been on 1st class :cry:

beirut785

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 11:56:37 pm
its "favOUrite" not faveorite !
URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]
The Airline Of Colombia

thecoffeecake

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 11:57:57 pm
hahaha thank you MEA

sam051

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 02:55:32 am
Air New Zealand This airline is the best, i was in economy (like always) and i was amazing, the food was beautiful, the service was beautiful, the pilots skills were unbelievable making the most smoothest touchdown i have ever experienced and i've experienced alot. And on the way back the most smoothest crosswind landing i have ever experienced and now i'm halfway to being a pilot because i have been passionate about aircraft my whole life.

Ansett, Even though they shut down they were the best airline ever in my own opinion. They treated everyone so nice and the comfort was pretty cool, also for it's time they had one of the most highly sophisticated aircraft and one of the largest fleets in the world.

Qantas Next, Overall good but still not as good as what Ansett was...

Rottnest Airways Scenic Tours, That was pretty cool watching the pilot, feeling the wind, reasonable comfort and the most well handled flight during extreme turbulence and we were in a cessna 172, really good and the turbulence was fun in one part it felt like the giant drop in Dream World my favourite ride in the world ARGH!

Jet Star, ok but service poor

Virgin Blue, comfort bad and you have to pay for food same for Jetstar and Tiger Airways.

Tiger Airways LAST! Dumb, service poor, basically kids, aircraft cramped, Open for like one flight then terminal shut, ticket price worth less than charged, CARRY-ON BAGGAGE weighed, 15kg limit. Horrible

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 03:40:11 am
Best: Olymic Airlines. Amazing. Hot meals on all flight longer than like 1 hour. Excellent crew. Pilots pointed out where we were. F/A's spoke Italian, Greek, English, and one even spoke a bit of Swedish :? !!! Tickets were cheper than LH. However, my first expierence in 2000 was terrible. The F/A's and people on board were smoking! :shock: . Im not sure... but I think several people joined the mile high club on that flight.

Second Best: United Airlines. I've had only good expierences with them. (or "standard").

Next: Lufthansa same as United

Next: South African Airways. Lovely biz seats. F/a were MEAN to me. Kept on pestering people in the cabin for fun :? . Good food.

Next: Qantas. Pretty good. My one time in 1st class SYD-MEL. Empty flight. We got breakfast... yogurt and cornflakes

Next: AA. Flew once. Leaky MD-80. Empty flight. Kind f/a's. (moved us to biz).

Next: Northwest. Horrible flight. Bathrooms stank up the whole plane.... My seat had some sort of weird substance on it.... F/A's weren't all that bad though.

Next: Shanghai Airlines. Cramped seating. No F/A service. Xian - Shanghai. Packed flight with a constant line to the bathroom. I still enjoyed the flight.... watched a movie with a friend on his ipod.

WORST: Olymipic.  :lol: . Athens - Rhodes. It was some 45 year old plane (the only turbo-prop I've ever ridden). The flight was during rain and wind, so the it was bumpy for a long time. The F/A's tried there best to communicate with a Turkish women who kept on throwing up.... To many babies on the flight. I was glad I slept through it :)
British Pan Airways (BPA)

Serving London Heathrow to You and the Rest of the World!

Fly with our lie-flat beds in first and business class on all longhaul planes!

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
  • AM's official Spammer. Check my post counts.
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 11:30:09 am
Qantas.  I haven't flown on many airlines recently, considering 90% of the flying in my life has been on NWA. :oops: :lol:

jameswyhk

• Airline Supervisor
  • So inactive...
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 12:19:51 pm
Singapore Airlines

------

Hot Drink

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 12:44:07 pm
Cathay Pacific and Sinapore Airlines.
The China's Airlines are worst. Bad service, bad hygiene, low quality service, old planes... But it has some improvement in the following years accept CEA.
ode: NET, ID:11228
Codeshare Network
One of the best airlines operating in Middle East
http://airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/view_airline.php?id=11228
In Partnership with British Airways, ID:7933

pck

• Airline Supervisor
  • Apportez-moi partout!
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: March 14, 2008, 01:02:23 pm
Best: Malaysia Airlines
My usual airline. Excellent Cabin Crew, Good Food, Good IFE and AVOD, Comfy seats, One word: EXCELLENT!!!

Next: Eva Air
To my memory: GOOD!

Next: Hainan Airlines
average (suprisingly, they have PTV!)

Next: Air China
below average

Worst: China Eastern
This airline is SHI^TY!!!

blumage

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: March 14, 2008, 05:51:11 pm
In Asia is:
Cathay pacific Greatest. Friendly F/a on my flights to FCO and LAX. Food doesn't meet me standards but cabin service is one of the best.
Love that Studio CX.(CX's IFE) I got problems on my HKG-AMS-MXP and CX did  a great job redirecting me via FCO.
Also very helpful on my HKG-LAX leg"where i lost my passport"
HKG-MNL the best is still CX but it's very expensive price is almost like PR(Philippine Airlines). I rather save the money and do some shopping. For HKG-MNL routes the best airline is 5J(Cebu Pacific) a lcc and friendly F/As.
Travel throughout the Philippines the best airline i must say is PR coz u will avoid the domestic terminal as all PAL flights operate at T2.
The difference with the other airlines is not big so better choose PAL. Air Philippines is also good.(also at T2)
TSN-HKG i was fooled by the AK's code in my ticket so i got all happy thinking i'll be flying Dragonair but it was a big disappointment to discover that the actual flight was operated by air China.(Not the taiwanese one). Nothing special on this airlines, added to F/As poor english skills although they we're trying their best to make me feel cozy.
Europe:
Best is British Airways
Flown in both European flight and intercontinental.
Euro flight was good nothing to complain about, nice F/As and good service and check-in procedures.
Intl.leg was one of the best ever with the newly AVOD system that made a change in my airline travels.
Not much food though.
Austrian Airlines and Tyrolean airways.
Tyrolean was average, nothing special and nothing to complain.
Austrian was amazing great service and IFE.
KLM and LH.
Stand in a tie position although KLM wins for intercontinental flights although both KLM and LH IFE were really crappy.
LH is great with european flights.
Swiss and Crossair.
Crossair not worthy to blong to Swiss Air's group.
Anyway SwissAir is also one of Europe's greatest airline. Great polygloth FAs
AF-
Worst than LH and KL, bad memories but managed to get us good hotel.
AZ(Alitalia)
Worst European airline. No wonder why they are reporting a loss of 1M a day. Poor service and lack of amenities.Their Lounges are worst than any other EU airline, especially the one at LIN and at MXP. Very Arrongant and rude FAs.(Who they think they are) Bad food and poor aircraft's condition and not much legroom. I think also that their seats dont meet intl. Standards.
Airone-AP
Nothing fancy again but it's better than Alitalia. comparing AZ's and AP's flight to and from Rome APs flight was full compared to AZ's.

US:
Only airline i flew with was AA, worst than Alitalia.
FAs are although better than AZ's but over all condition is bad.

ID 5228
And if we like to over do things just Imagine what is like to be our Guest!
Proud Member of BlueSkies

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: March 14, 2008, 06:03:45 pm
Only airlines I've flown with are IR, FR, EK and U2

Best overall: IR (aircraft and service is the best that you can expect, no rudeness or tutting. ask for something, get it in a few seconds) (F100, 742, AB6)
2nd: EK (A332)
3rd FR (the next person who I meet who says that FR is *vegetable*e, I will slap them. My FR flight a week ago was professional and extremely good (ontime and the lot)) (738)
4th: U2 (A319)

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: March 14, 2008, 06:09:26 pm
not trying to hijack this post... but anyone been on Turkish Airlines? (my mum suggested going to Turkey this coming summer, and it is either Turkish (HKG-IST), or Qatar (HKG-DOH-IST)... and don't tell me QR is good, because it is not :roll: )
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: March 14, 2008, 07:14:02 pm
Air Berlin - used it for about 90% on my flights in the previous six years. Always friendly cabin crews and low ticket prices.

Worst: TUIfly (really a low-cost carrier) and Lauda (high ticket prices and I had to buy my food/drinks that were also high-priced).
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

beirut785

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: March 14, 2008, 08:05:46 pm
Malaysian MH
Iberia

Hate :
Air France
Copa
Syrian
URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]