• View Profile
Reply #15 on: March 15, 2008, 07:34:08 am
Quote from: pck
Quote from: "beirut785"
Malaysian MH/quote]

Yay, go MH! but not many people's been on it

How come MH flies almost everywhere?

ID 5228
And if we like to over do things just Imagine what is like to be our Guest!
Proud Member of BlueSkies

beirut785

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: March 15, 2008, 01:12:28 pm
Quote from: blumage
Quote from: "pck"
Quote from: "beirut785"
Malaysian MH/quote]

Yay, go MH! but not many people's been on it

How come MH flies almost everywhere?

not everywhere basically lots of competition between MH singapore , Cathay pacific

but i prefer MH among the others well they somehow have the same service and MH is cheaper and they fly to really nice places i mean they really fly to Beirut !!!

and Malaysians r very nice friendly ppl !!

do u know that if u have a waiting in Kuala Lumpur u can take a tour from the airport to the city for 50 usd !!!! which is gr8 took that tour last year  :P
URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]
The Airline Of Colombia

zvezdaman

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: April 17, 2008, 01:58:23 am
My fav:

Jat Airways. I fly with them at least twice a year. I love em only cause they from my family's country. I always have a funny story to tell from every flight I have with Jat  :D

My fav as in what i think is best and not because of country patriotism:

Well I've only flown em once but I really like AF...not sure if they're my fav though. since im only a teen ive only flown on a handful of airlines, and there's only one airline I really despise...

...Lufthansa....dun dun dunnnnnnn :evil:  :evil:  

lol
b]Aviosvet Interkontinental[/b]
Proud member of the Worldair Alliance
ID: 1901

Visit the Worldair Alliance's Forums: http://worldair.freeforums.org/index.php

specter177

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: April 17, 2008, 02:41:39 am
My favorite is Continental, and then Southwest.

yourefired

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: April 17, 2008, 02:45:05 am
Best:
jetBlue (TONS of legroom!)
Virgin America (not that much more legroom, but their entertainment system is pretty amazing)
Most of the asian carriers (KAL, Asiana, Singapore, etc are pretty great)

Worst:
US Scareways (got stuck on them on a flight to Montreal, I rode this tiny turboprop that sounded like it was going to fall apart right on the runway)
America West (6 hour layover at Las Vegas....turned a 6-7 hour transcontinental trip into a redeye nightmare. After the two of them merged, I'm not going anywhere near them)

Mediocre:
United, American, Delta, etc.

I heard mixed opinions about Air France....my friend hated their business class because she paid up the ass for it and then didn't get a much better seat than coach, but some people really like them.

Air Canada, LLC (Private W224)

Triple_7

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: April 17, 2008, 04:58:08 am
Best...

1...American...Their little ERJ-145s are so comfy...the 757-200W's and MD-83's ain't to bad either.

2...Northwest...mainly on the flights from DTW-ANC-DTW...food was great and seats were decently comfy.  Only downside was the landing at ANC...think they probably had to look over the landing gear after that one...turbulence was pretty bad the whole way down and a down burst caught us right before touchdown...we hit hard enough to open some overhead compartments  :shock:

Mixed...

1...Malaysia Airlines...LAX-TPE-LAX...747-400's, AVOD didn't work on the flight to Taiwan but worked on the way back, service wasn't to great on that leg either but decent....From TPE-LAX the service was great, supper and...erm...supper was great (best airline food I've had)  They actually had some decent shows and movies...and even a country music station 8) Neat to land at LAX 3 hours before we even took off :lol:

Their downfall...if you have long legs its not a good choice if going Cattle Class.  There was no leg room what so ever to begin with, then when the person in front of you reclines you can forget moving your legs at all :cry:  Seats were way to firm for my liking, couldn't really get comfy at all...Makes a 14+ hour flight miserable really quick...a good supply of beer got me through the TPE-LAX leg :?  Going over was not fun after already spending over 16 hours hopping from FWA-DFW-LAX...a 14.5 hour flight in that seat made it nearly impossible to move after a 30 hour journey.  Even though the service was much better and the food was great it wasn't exactly how I wanted to start my 37 hour journey home either.

2...TWA...Was my first flights by myself, was only like 13 years old.  Took a little J-31 from FWA-STL and sat over the wing...rivets rattling and duct tape flapping :lol:  The DC-9 to RDU wasn't much better, especially when we took off from STL and we just kept circling the Golden Arch at a fairly low level...eventually the pilot came on and said we were returning to STL due to some kind of problem, what ever it was we couldn't climb...maybe the duct tape was causing to much drag...there was more then enough on the wing :shock:  Somewhere I have a picture of it :lol: ...Hopped on a different DC-9 an hour later and made the flight.  Coming home it was another DC-9 to STL...little less tape but more rivets rattling.  Then the J-31 flight back to FWA started off with a rejected takeoff right before liftoff.  Rough flight with bad weather the whole way.

Overall it wasn't the best I've experienced...but the staff was friendly and having child assistance being so young I got to meet all the pilots 8)  And a few extra snacks  :P

Worst...

Don't really have one.  NW, AA, TW, and MH are the only airlines I've flown other then a couple with Continental.  Guess they would be the worst if I had to pick...but Continental took me on my first ever flights after NW canceled a bunch and my mom and I got transfered to CO.  Thats been quite a few years ago though and I was pretty young.  Just remember the food and service truly sucked.  Don't know if its changed...but back then the sandwiches we got on the way from CLE-RSW looked and tasted like something they had just pulled from the garbage :roll:  Really enjoyed the little B-1900 as my first flight though...I thought that thing was tiny till I flew on TWA's J-31's :o
ast Real Flight...Taiwan 2006...July 30th Through August 19th...FWA-DFW-LAX-TPE.....TPE-LAX-ORD-FWA.

lhenning

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: April 17, 2008, 03:59:16 pm
MyTravel Airways is the best. Will soon become Thomas Cook Scandinavia. SAS is also a good airline though :wink:
CEO lhenning

A Star Alliance Member

neo

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: April 17, 2008, 04:05:31 pm
well... for LCC, I choose easyJet
though may be a bit more expensive than ryanair, but with high on-time rate, better airport etc etc
and I like A319 more than B738..

for traditional airline, I go for British Airways
my experience on BA are always the best!!
img]http://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinelogos/1851.png[/img]

jameswyhk

• Airline Supervisor
  • So inactive...
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: April 17, 2008, 04:06:42 pm
SIA is simply the best!

------

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: April 17, 2008, 04:54:56 pm
Best: CX, Swissair (the one that went busted).

I have completely opposite opinion to Triple_7's comment. NW has worse meals then CO, that is if NW even provide one. When you are on international flights, you really can compare them and see the difference (not to mention I am usually bored out of my mind on NW). American is scary. The couple of times I flew with them, their planes were filthy and loud. The outter frame and the gallery shook the opposite way during the take off run (ie. they are not connected :?  the frame goes <- , while the gallery and the tv screen on it go ->, and vice versa... really scary).

Anyway... still the same question... has anyone flown Turkish Airlines?
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Scandalian Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: April 17, 2008, 05:04:35 pm
Maybe Airlines, not for their service, but for giving me some of the most thrilling rides in my life.

Other than that KLM has never let me down, but then I haven't experienced the Asian airlines yet.
img]http://www.lsn.se/televisionset/ScandalianAnimated.gif[/img]
Your skyrocket to elsewhere

Leitner

• Airline Operative
  • Raffair Group
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: April 17, 2008, 06:20:32 pm
Alitalia...
RAFFAIR Éire

Flight From/to Dublin

steventommyobama

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: October 30, 2009, 09:30:18 pm
Virgin America
United
US Airways
United Express
Southwest
AMERICAN :(

Shawa

• Airline Operative
  • Worldair Alliance
    • View Profile
    • Worldair Alliance
Reply #28 on: October 31, 2009, 02:57:38 am
Flown on Inter-Canadian ( a subsidiary of Canadian) And WestJet, And Inter-Canadian was 15 years ago. So I can't really comment. Never had to go really far, And when i take a vacation I just drive to where i'm going (never been much of a sun and beach person.)

Alouette Aviation - Österreichische Wetterstrecken - Blå Løve Luftveje - Imperskiye Nebesa

jetrc

• Airline Operative
  • Aspiring airline CEO
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: October 31, 2009, 03:51:27 am
Best airlines for me:

1. Asiana Airlines
2. Cathay Pacific
3. Singapore Airlines
4. Qatar Airways
5. Malaysia Airlines
6. Thai Airways