Airline Mogul Forum

U.S. Presidential Election

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
  • AM's official Spammer. Check my post counts.
    • View Profile
on: February 08, 2008, 03:35:18 am
Here it is, just trying to save sla31's thread!

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 03:38:35 am
*insert the subject of this thread here...*... is a joke. Entertaining...

... if this wasn't the election for one of the most powerful position in the world.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Scandalian Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 05:14:24 am
Quote from: "dktc"
the most powerful position in the world.

Yeah, that's scary considering the bozo that spent the last 8 years there. But Dubya has no real power, he has been run like a puppet on a string by those who pay the most, and his dad and Cheney.

No offense to Sla, but I hope there will be a change in powers, republicans have *apple pied* too much up already. (Apple pie was written by me so that Admins didn't have to :lol:). If John McCain wins the elections I fear that terror and war will continue as he is the weapons industry lobbies number one candidate...

Let flaming begin....
img]http://www.lsn.se/televisionset/ScandalianAnimated.gif[/img]
Your skyrocket to elsewhere

zkvac

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • granturismoworld.piczo.com
Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 06:42:55 am
I personally couldn't care less. Americans have to be one of the most arrogant and ignorant nationalities in the world. Sorry to any non-ignorant Americans out there who actually know where Kazakhstan is on a map.. Or don't think that Europe is a country..
Public World #2119 - VincentAir (Australasia)

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 12:33:57 pm
Quote from: "zkvac"
I personally couldn't care less. Americans have to be one of the most arrogant and ignorant nationalities in the world. Sorry to any non-ignorant Americans out there who actually know where Kazakhstan is on a map.. Or don't think that Europe is a country..

Basically, I don't find the average American to be arrogant. Most of them don't even have the "requirement" to be arrogant (ie. intelligence :P ). Ignorant and self-oriented is very true. They think US is all there is (maybe + Canada, Mexico, and the Bahamas <- for booze). It is that mentality that results in the perception of arrogance, which in fact is plain ignorance and stupidity.

Politics is not healthy, regardless of the way the government is formed. There are too much conflicting interest in democracies. (I am not saying dictatorship is good, just that democracy is no better).
D Express (id 616) 8)

blue25

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 01:28:04 pm
Take this to see how smart you truly are :roll:
http://www.iqtest.com/
Alto Airlines [ID: 2167]

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 02:04:55 pm
Quote from: dktc
There are too much conflicting interest in democracies. (I am not saying dictatorship is good, just that democracy is no better).

It is better- but not for this game!
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 02:36:13 pm

This is a very offensive comment. Obviously you've never been to the US. :roll:
Dont ever listen to the news becuase most of the time its wrong. (Yes there are some stupid people in the US, but there are some stupid people in New Zealand, Australia, the UK, China, etc.) :roll:
British Pan Airways (BPA)

Serving London Heathrow to You and the Rest of the World!

Fly with our lie-flat beds in first and business class on all longhaul planes!

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

Scandalian Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: February 08, 2008, 03:12:59 pm
Quote from: "blue25"
Take this to see how smart you truly are :roll:
http://www.iqtest.com/

Well, I have taken 3 different IQ-tests including Mensa, the 2 first showed 133 and 134, Mensa I had a bad day and scored 129, 1 point short of membership, but I will take the test again sometime. I also scored 1.8 on the Swedish test for University studies, where 2.0 is max. Approx 5-6 score 2.0 out of 50.000, 1.8 is top 2%.
Still I sometimes feel like an idiot, so an IQ-test is not all that counts when it comes to intelligence. And you do not need intelligence to run for office, you have staff that aid you in everything from toilet paper brand to nuking North Korea.
img]http://www.lsn.se/televisionset/ScandalianAnimated.gif[/img]
Your skyrocket to elsewhere

OAAir

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008, 03:56:40 pm
It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried. - Winston Churchill

I have travelled throughout Europe and the Middle East, as well as every region of the United States, and I can assure you from first hand knowledge that we Americans do NOT have the market cornered on stupidity or ignorance.  Perhaps you should spend less time watching CNN - which is fairly hardcore anti-American - and try investigating the world on your own.  Then you just might discover that your ingrained stereotypical beliefs aren't quite as accurate as the media would like you to believe.
img]http://www.cbnoble.com/images/OAlogo1.jpg[/img]
Based in MCO, DTW, BOS, SLC - Public World 3
Proud Member of United Sky Group

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: February 08, 2008, 05:03:53 pm
There are smart people in US and there are stupid people elsewhere. (That goes without saying :wink: )

IQ tests are not necessarily accurate indicators of smartness / intelligences. There are ways to increase one's performances with IQ tests. These tests are also related to various background / social economic class / cultural / heritage ... factors. Technically, these tests are somehow baised in certain ways. However, if you have to go by those kinds of indicators... I got into the Chinese University of Hong Kong's Gift and Talented program in highschool. I scored full 800 for the math/logic part of SAT I without studying (actually I only spent 2 hours skimming through a book from the library the day before the test :roll: and barely knew the format and the score calculation :roll: and I skipped the final for Hong Kong Olympiad in Infomatics to take SAT :roll: , and no, I didn't prepare for the first round of HKOI as well :roll: ). Good enough for you? :P (yes... I am lazy, shoot me :P )

Now... CNN... don't even get me started :roll: . I still remember the day I got stranded in IND with a couple of friends and we were watching TV in the motel room... when CNN claimed that we should tip our hairdressers 100% for Xmas, and something like 10 dollars (didn't remember that exactly, because we didn't follow that :roll: ) for the delivery guy to show some Xmas spirit. IDIOTS :roll: .
D Express (id 616) 8)

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: February 08, 2008, 08:36:27 pm

This statement reminds me of a comedian using american cliche:

A german visited a bar in Texas. When the barkeeper noticed that he was german he raised his left arm and shouted: "Heil Hitler!"
The german jumped from his chair eyes wide open and said: "Hitler is already dead."
The barkeeper replied: "I feel so sorry."

Anyway, I have been in the US and met many people there and I met other americans that stayed some time in Europe. Not all of them were ignorant or arrogant. They had even known a lot about the european history. Although I have to admit that the younger people thought "Rammstein" would represent the typical german youth. I dont know, if they are allowed to sing all of their songs in the US. :roll: Funnily enough that I bought a CD of them over there coz it contained two songs that were translated in english.

Back on topic: I dont know who will win the elections. I am not really familiar with those three (or are there still more?) canditates that seem to have good chances. Just to start a discussion: I would go for Obama.
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

sla31

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: February 08, 2008, 09:37:40 pm
Quote from: "Scandalian Airlines"
Quote from: "dktc"
the most powerful position in the world.

Yeah, that's scary considering the bozo that spent the last 8 years there. But Dubya has no real power, he has been run like a puppet on a string by those who pay the most, and his dad and Cheney.

No offense to Sla, but I hope there will be a change in powers, republicans have *apple pied* too much up already. (Apple pie was written by me so that Admins didn't have to :lol:). If John McCain wins the elections I fear that terror and war will continue as he is the weapons industry lobbies number one candidate...

Let flaming begin....

None taken, everyone has different views.  Everyone can tell who I like. :lol:
Bryce Rea

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
  • AM's official Spammer. Check my post counts.
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: February 08, 2008, 11:12:54 pm

:lol:

back on topic...if i was old enough, i would vote for Obama :D

OAAir

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: February 08, 2008, 11:25:45 pm
OK, curiousity is getting the better of me now.  Why Huckabee or why Obama?  At this point, the only candidate that even marginally appealed to me has dropped out, so I'm looking for more information about the rest of the people who are left.  I don't care to hear the negatives about the others, just real, solid reasons to vote FOR a candidate.  Something real and concrete (i.e.: the Obama girl is not reason enough to vote for him..... :? )

Any takers for any of the candidates?
img]http://www.cbnoble.com/images/OAlogo1.jpg[/img]
Based in MCO, DTW, BOS, SLC - Public World 3
Proud Member of United Sky Group

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk