Airline Mogul Forum

x1 747 or x2 DC-8's

SJR

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: January 15, 2008, 06:04:01 pm
Aria its a nice idea with the F28 but be prepared to have airlines with bigger aircraft starting to become a pain. I have 727's competing on many of my 732 routes and even my BAC111-500's with all four of their extra seats are being attacked. Personally i am waiting for the A300 before i can attack those routes. What year is it out. As for longhaul i will tell you what my DC-10-10's earn when they start to arrive on Thursday. Will tell you on the Worldair forum because its a trade secret.  :lol:
img]Http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/672/jeaei8.jpg[/img]

Manager of Jet European Airlines Ltd

Airline I.D. 2044

Pacific

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: January 15, 2008, 06:13:34 pm
The first production model, the A300B2, entered service in 1974. - Wiki.

I cannot advice any further as it ventures into my own trade secrets.

SJR

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: January 15, 2008, 06:20:12 pm
Yes thanks for the information it will prove useful for the future.
img]Http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/672/jeaei8.jpg[/img]

Manager of Jet European Airlines Ltd

Airline I.D. 2044

Air2000

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: January 16, 2008, 03:36:09 pm
just to let you know i decided on DC-8s. (I got x3 DC8-20's)

and i will focus on opening new routres from the EU-US, and adding routes from existing US destinations to hubs that are not currently dircectly linked.

And introducing long haul flights from Venice to North America.

I disagree with mg35pt, thres less over crowding on LH routes at the moment, routes dont suddenly jump from 95-100% load to 5% with the increasing european network airlines expanding there bases and routes. Especially with bigger jets such as the 727-200 which can do the routes cheaper with a higher frequency
img]http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h304/dippidydanny/iberia2_h1.jpg[/img]
Iberia
You can find us in Round 3!
Bases: Palma (PMI) Malaga (APG) Madrid (MAD)

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: January 16, 2008, 06:33:22 pm
Quote from: "Air2000"

I disagree with mg35pt, thres less over crowding on LH routes at the moment, routes dont suddenly jump from 95-100% load to 5% with the increasing european network airlines expanding there bases and routes. Especially with bigger jets such as the 727-200 which can do the routes cheaper with a higher frequency

Although not as extreme, I was running a 1-freq, 120-seat Tu-114 on a US-Europe route (300k to 300k). Someone brings on a 0.5 freq, 20-seat 737 BBJ, and it dropped my LF by 20%. I personally think the DOP/LF algorithm needs a little more tweaking.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

FWA2500

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: January 18, 2008, 05:47:36 pm
Quote from: "StephenM"
I hope you are comparing the Russian pre-glass cockpits with "Western" pre-glass cockpits? Because I'm sure flying a Trident would equally be as difficult as flying a TU-134.

And I am a fan of Russian craft too, they have character along with the more 1960s/70s British aircraft.

not to mention that you never get hot in the cockpit because there is ALWAYS one fan each for the pilot, co-pilot, navigator, radio operator and any other cockpit crew :D

gotta love russian planes, they do have a hell of alot of character....
Andrés
Line Service Technician at KOXD, Miami University Airport

Banana Bomb

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: January 18, 2008, 10:16:08 pm
Personally I am quite happy with my DC-8-55, I have it flying to LGW from two of my hubs and it's bringing in 424K, and I just placed an order for my second one last night.
"Stop laughing at me flying avocado!"

Air2000

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: January 19, 2008, 03:32:59 pm
Quote from: "pseudoswede"
Quote from: "Air2000"

Although not as extreme, I was running a 1-freq, 120-seat Tu-114 on a US-Europe route (300k to 300k). Someone brings on a 0.5 freq, 20-seat 737 BBJ, and it dropped my LF by 20%. I personally think the DOP/LF algorithm needs a little more tweaking.

which is why i always think... what the hell is the point in making the 737-200bbj available? if this is supposed to be AIRLINE mogul... why have Bizz Jets available, why not just AIRLINERS

Btw ive ordered 2 more DC8-20's, so when they get delivered it will bring my DC8 fleet to 6!
Iberia

bibi974

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: January 19, 2008, 04:14:27 pm
some airlines do operate all-biz config airplanes
URL=http://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/view_airline.php?id=5435][/URL]

You never rose that high!

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: January 19, 2008, 06:40:26 pm
Quote from: "bibi974"

very,very few!
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

waerth

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: January 19, 2008, 06:44:31 pm
And that is a thing of the last few years really. Not of the 70's

Waerth

Air2000

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: January 19, 2008, 10:16:06 pm
Quote from: "bibi974"

EOS MaxJet (RIP MAXJET) and Silverjet all come out pretty recently! were in the 70's now!
Iberia

bibi974

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: January 20, 2008, 07:28:51 am
Quote from: "waerth"
And that is a thing of the last few years really. Not of the 70's

Waerth

LOL I agree with that one. but still I think there are some other more important problems to be addressed than that one, don't you think?
URL=http://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/view_airline.php?id=5435][/URL]

You never rose that high!

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: January 20, 2008, 08:05:25 am
Ok, not exactly a airline operating a BBJ, but rather one operating a Gulfstream I in reality (Idk when though). It's called Birmingham Executive, and according to  "The Illustrated Directory of Modern Commercial Aircraft" by Gunter Endres, they used them on schedualed services regularly. Note that these planes are considered commercial aircraft too. I recall that Delta had a branch of themselves called Delta Select. I think they operated bizjets, though that was more for chartering a bizjet. I'm not too sure on this one. Note we also have Privateair who operates CJ319s. As for the 1970s argument? Well, look at it like this, did we have the same regulations we had in the 1950s? No, also, most of the aircraft at the time doubled in as biz planes, though they were more widespread amongst both sides. As Bizjets were introduced, it was found unfeasable for most airlines to use these as regular airliners, though there are a few airlines that operate these on routes. Not exactly your SQs and AAs, but a few.

Expairience

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: January 21, 2008, 02:46:25 pm
Out of curiosity, I have leased a 742 earlier today. I have 4 South American bases at CCS, BOG, UIO and LIM. No matter how hard I tried, I can't squeeze more than 400K DOP out of the 742, even if I put it on 2 different routes to Europe with no competition and 0.5 frequency each. I can't ask for a higher ticket price than about 450Eu on those routes, It feels like I myself oversaturate the market with that half flight alone. 400K covers little more than a third of the lease rate, so I'll have to return the plane on the last day of this month. It was an experiment, and it was fun to have a 747 in my fleet of 731s and 722s for a short while, but there is no way I can make this bird fly profitably.
Ok my hubs might not be the best, so maybe the 747 is only good for airlines based at killer hubs (but wouldn't they have more competition too?)
And this is at a point where intercontinental routes are still open for grabs. Don't want to know what it's like later when the good routes are all taken.
So anyway, who has their 742s operating with a profit?
img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y177/expairience/anet/profile/hkl-logo1.jpg[/img]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk