Airline Mogul Forum

Concerning €1 Routes

Thanks_for_the_upgrade

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #180 on: August 05, 2008, 08:49:57 am
Quote from: "Tiger In Training"
If they are both 350k gates, you are losing 604 thousand monthly...

Both 250, -404,000... you get the picture.

??? Who what in the hey now?
UnderwAir [6] - Est. 1969.   (hehe, 69)

Tiger In Training

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #181 on: August 05, 2008, 11:36:02 am
I worked out that if making 4k daily on a route, thats what the profit at the end of the month would be once the gate costa have been taken.

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #182 on: August 05, 2008, 11:39:16 am
Quote from: "Tiger In Training"
I worked out that if making 4k daily on a route, thats what the profit at the end of the month would be once the gate costa have been taken.

And even that is optimistically wrong. :P

Remember planes don't come for free. You must consider depreciation and, most importantly, maintenance.

Tiger In Training

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #183 on: August 05, 2008, 12:38:22 pm
Yeah i know. I was just working on the gate and income of the route. Funny how people think they are making money with a €1 route. Its impossible. Even Ryanair know that... oh no they don't do they.

zenmen5

• Airline Operative
  • I'm Baaack!
    • View Profile
Reply #184 on: August 05, 2008, 03:34:25 pm
why not  $5 routes? :twisted:
Id:14174

The new definition of crazy:
http://www.timecube.com/

Thanks_for_the_upgrade

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #185 on: August 08, 2008, 03:16:11 am
Well right, of course you aren't making any money on the route.  The point is that if you aren't making any money, then nobody else is either. If you think this doesn't happen in real life, think again.  Here in Cincinnati, Delta has a stranglehold on the airport.  If a LCC moves in to town, Delta just drops their fares on those routes to drive them out of town.  They don't go to $1.00 obviously but they will go to $50-60 or so.  Since that's real life, the CEO/CFO pull the plug immediately because they're loosing real money.  In the game, it's fake money and we don't have share holders to answer to, so we can loose a few thousand dollars a day for the entire 10 year round and it's not even going to effect me. 

The income lost by running a one plane on a 2x route at 1 Euro that takes up 8 hours of my block time is made up by the other 5/6 airports flying to the destination gate, the other 200-600 flights leaving the hub, and the other 16 hours of flight time on that aircraft. 

You aren't exactly "loosing money"... (even though it might say -27,500)  You just aren't making as much as you could be.

ALFC

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #186 on: August 20, 2008, 08:08:59 pm
am is a competetive multiplayer game where euro talks.
if someone can AFFORD a multifreq somewhere, it means he can pay for it.
airline mogul is not a sandbox game. if you dont like someone dropping the max frequency widebody bomb on you, if you dont like 1€ routes, learn to deal with it or play another game. stop the whining.
i use 1€ routes and multifreq frequently, i will let you in why i use them and which goal i try to achieve:

a) i deny the other guy profits on a route, knowing his income is not as diversified as mine
b) i know he is a multifreq 1€ whiner, so i will piss him off so much that i can count on him getting sick of it so that he will stop updating routes
c+d+e) secret

why? to make more money. stop whining you fools, multiplayer games implicitly include interaction with people. in a competivite environment, this means that the others players goal is to inibit the other players success. embrace competiton, prevail.

p.s.
the numerous "rocket scientists" who say that they will counter "multifreq with pricewars" might want to rethink their statement, it makes them look retarded, really retarded.
LFC - Melmac Spacelines

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #187 on: August 20, 2008, 08:13:56 pm
Let me add to your marvelous suggestions ALFC.

IF YOU DON'T WANT SUCH COMPETITION BASE IN A SMALLER AIRPORT!!!

I'm amazed that people actually expect to see what can be called a "Polite society" in the biggest airports in the game.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 08:15:35 pm by LOT 737-300 »

Virgin italy

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #188 on: August 20, 2008, 10:24:28 pm
Well, I've registerd in this forum just to tell you that you can keep your silly attitude until you will remain the only one playing so you can tell the world you are the BEST.

First time I've played was in world 6 and thought it was a nice game, and still is, and for that I want to thank all AM staff for all their time dedicated to this game.

With attitude like yours, in a matter of time will remain only few player like you. My compliments, you will fast destroy what some nice people have created.

Virgin Italy [not worth play with stupid child]

NorfolkInternational

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #189 on: August 20, 2008, 10:27:07 pm

b) i know he is a multifreq 1€ whiner, so i will piss him off so much that i can count on him getting sick of it so that he will stop updating routes
c+d+e) secret

Love it!!!

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #190 on: August 21, 2008, 05:00:49 am
Well, I've registerd in this forum just to tell you that you can keep your silly attitude until you will remain the only one playing so you can tell the world you are the BEST.

First time I've played was in world 6 and thought it was a nice game, and still is, and for that I want to thank all AM staff for all their time dedicated to this game.

With attitude like yours, in a matter of time will remain only few player like you. My compliments, you will fast destroy what some nice people have created.

And why is it silly? You guys base out of the largest airports in the game, you guys will be exposed to some people doing some rather unexpected tactics that will sometimes make get a bit struck on some routes. I hate it too, but it's part of the game. Now I perfer working things out with the airline (if they send me a polite PM). Some people won't, and really, they're free to play as they want.

Pacific

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #191 on: August 21, 2008, 05:14:58 am
Talking about dumping, I have a single A321-100 coming in to test a theory on game dynamics.  If the test is successful, the A321 will continue to dump - if it's not, I'll just place it on a superairport route which I don't fly to yet.

Thanks_for_the_upgrade

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #192 on: August 21, 2008, 03:40:37 pm
My compliments, you will fast destroy what some nice people have created.

THAT'S THE POINT!  Destroy the competition and rise to the top.

We have one or two new idiots playing in W9 that think they can move in to one of the top 6 airports in NA, put down multi-x routes and somehow catch up with everyone.  My DOP is 280,000,000, theirs is about 15,000,000.   They have 70+ planes to my 789.  If they're really stupid enough to think they should use those planes on multi-x routes like ATL-CLT or LAX-LAS, then they shouldn't be surprised when I counter with a larger faster plane to undercut them. 

And with the 16,000,000,000 euro order I just placed, things are going to get interesting.  8)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 05:37:05 pm by Thanks_for_the_upgrade »

Thanks_for_the_upgrade

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #193 on: August 22, 2008, 08:23:36 am
Talking about dumping, I have a single A321-100 coming in to test a theory on game dynamics.  If the test is successful, the A321 will continue to dump - if it's not, I'll just place it on a superairport route which I don't fly to yet.

It works, fret not.  When the AB's came around pre-multiworlds, we'd lay them down all over the place against each other and utterly annihilate the LF's of smaller airlines, especially in a frequency/fare war.

The problem though is that the bigger the plane is, the turn time increases proportionally as well as the operating costs.  What this means is, if you fly the 7 miles between Houston Hobby and Houston Bush on an AB100, your operating costs are so high, and your fares are so low (because of the proximity) that you'll be lucky to clear 10,000 euro for the flight. The flight will be all of .05 hours but the turn time is something like 1.75?  On the other hand, something more long range between larger airports, like DFW-LAX...  That's worth some coin. 

RREF Matrix Air

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #194 on: October 14, 2008, 07:21:17 am
learn economics people; competition is good!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk