Airline Mogul Forum

Concerning €1 Routes

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #165 on: June 23, 2008, 11:58:16 pm
Wow, I can't believe that this little convo is going. (Yes, I've been gone that long). :o

No matter what game it is, if you're playing this type of a game, prepare for this kind of stuff. I mean, the only way we can truely avoid 1 Euro fares is if we just limit it to 1 player per world. Now not only would that be rather uncompetitive, I would imagine it would be rather boring too after some time of playing in such a sandbox. If you want to minimize the impact, try basing from smaller airports and work your way up. Granted, you won't get your shiny new 747 within 5 months game time, but it helps provide for a nice and stable growth.

I hope things havn't changed all that much since my last round (that 3 year 1970s round.)

Jazzyspreetsingh

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #166 on: June 26, 2008, 09:54:09 pm
Quote from: "Jazzyspreetsingh"
I don't have $1 fares, but I have been putting up some $15 fares on routes with no other airlines flying that route...

(the $10 Skybus fare, + 5 for taxes) btw this is in W6....

so yeah.... if you want me to take away my $10 fares, just send me a message to 13438.

i only have the $15 fares on 3 routes

and I have $55 fares on 2 routes

out of my 106 total routes. [/code]

I took away these fares for now to save up for A320s... i will bring them back soon...only to unpopular city pairs with no other airlines flying them...
aspreet Singh
CEO, SkybusAirlines
Columbus, OH

yourefired

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #167 on: July 29, 2008, 10:27:52 pm
The whole $1 fare absurdity is the thing that drove me away from my current round for the time being. That and maintenance costs. Just waiting for iranair's private world to begin so I'd be insulated (somewhat) from this kind of crap.

I do agree that the minimum should be raised. So what if your 747 going from nowhere to nowhere will bleed red ink all over the place? That's the whole point. :idea:

Just because you want to not flood every market within 300 miles of your hub doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to get a piece of the megaport pie. In the real world fare wars are a reality, yes, but airlines (well other than Ryan I hate my customers air) don't charge $1 to fly from New York to DC. They'd bleed red ink and they're better off not flying it in the first place. Plus they start out with bigger planes. Much bigger planes. And oodles of investors' money. I don't see any worlds in this game where you start with an A320 and half a billion euros.

There's no such thing as niche markets in this game. That's the root of the problem. Of course I'll probably be dismissed as a disgruntled player (which I'm not, it's provided me with oodles of amusement until I quit to play another certain french game-if I didn't care, I wouldn't be on here trying to point out the root of the problem).

Air Canada, LLC (Private W224)

Tiger In Training

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #168 on: July 29, 2008, 10:45:29 pm
I have two €1 routes. I lose about 6k a day from each. I don't care. I still make 18 million daily profit.

I put them at €1 so that i don't have to edit them every time i come on-line. So I lose money on the flight, not to mention the gates at the start of each month, but i still get the pride in saying i fly to ever airport in a X mile radius.

Third Wing Air.

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
  • AM's official Spammer. Check my post counts.
    • View Profile
Reply #169 on: July 29, 2008, 10:52:49 pm
Quote from: "Tiger In Training"
I have two €1 routes. I lose about 6k a day from each. I don't care. I still make 18 million daily profit.

I put them at €1 so that i don't have to edit them every time i come on-line. So I lose money on the flight, not to mention the gates at the start of each month, but i still get the pride in saying i fly to ever airport in a X mile radius.

Third Wing Air.

lol thats cruel :P

Tiger In Training

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #170 on: July 29, 2008, 10:59:55 pm
Why? i am only making 20 grand less than i was with the top price i could make!

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #171 on: July 30, 2008, 03:07:23 am
I don't see what the problem is with 1 Euro fares. Sometimes, competition gets locked in, and the 1 Euro will free up capacity, which in turn, will help make a higher price ceiling. Think of it like a cycle. The larger routes will have this cycle at a much faster rate than the smaller ones, simply due to the larger amount of competition. For those asking for a raised floor, what should it be? 300 Euros? really, with that logic, only 3 airlines would be able to operate on routes (assuming they're all flying reasonably sized aircraft at 1x freq), and that could lead to what a similar game to this one had, where we had like 10 airlines having massive monopolies (especially since I hear that the script favors "seniority", so in the current case, it would make a major mess.) I mean, if you don't plan out your network very well, and by that I mean only flying to larger cities, you might end up shooting yourself in the foot by not diversifying your routes.

Tiger In Training

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #172 on: July 30, 2008, 12:05:38 pm
What do you mean by this...

"especially since I hear that the script favors "seniority""

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #173 on: July 30, 2008, 01:22:05 pm
He means, I think, routes existing for a longer time tend to be favoured over new routes in the loadfactor calculations.

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #174 on: July 30, 2008, 07:01:54 pm
Quote from: "MrOrange"
He means, I think, routes existing for a longer time tend to be favoured over new routes in the loadfactor calculations.

Yeah, that is what I meant. But like I said, it is what I have heard, I'm not sure if this is true or not.

Tiger In Training

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #175 on: July 30, 2008, 07:12:23 pm
I think it is you know. When i have been putting X vs X aircraft on a route, i have to go lower, and i notice when people do the same to me if i have been there longer they have to go lower.

zenmen5

• Airline Operative
  • I'm Baaack!
    • View Profile
Reply #176 on: July 31, 2008, 02:54:12 pm
I make -2,000 on 1 euro routes
Id:14174

The new definition of crazy:
http://www.timecube.com/

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #177 on: July 31, 2008, 03:01:26 pm
Quote from: "zenmen5"
I make -2,000 on 1 euro routes

That's what you think. :twisted:

Cheung Airlines

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #178 on: July 31, 2008, 03:07:09 pm
Hey, I make $4000 with $1 in HKG - CAN.... :D

My ID: |||||||||  - ||||||||||||||||
             A M ID:  1  02 5   2    (0)

Tiger In Training

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #179 on: July 31, 2008, 06:24:31 pm
If they are both 350k gates, you are losing 604 thousand monthly...

Both 250, -404,000... you get the picture.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk