Airline Mogul Forum

What do you feel when you sing the National Anthem?

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: January 19, 2008, 12:33:06 pm
Quote from: "nwaboy"
pleasant... :(

dont be suprised, everything in this world seems to be about blood these days. :|

The French national anthem has been in place constantly from 1879, so I wouldn't say it's something new...
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

digifreak

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: January 19, 2008, 07:25:08 pm
Well... the fifth line of the Portuguese Anthem chorus: "Contra os canhões marchar, marchar" (Against the cannons march, march!) is an alteration of the original "Contra os bretões marchar, marchar" (Against the Britons march, march!). This was due back on that time the United Kingdom issued an ultimatum demanding Portugal give up its intentions of occupying the land between the African colonies of Angola, on the western coast, and Mozambique, on the eastern coast, thus joining the two territories.

@EXTspotter: Yes the original name of that bridge was "Ponte Salazar" (Salazar bridge), that was the Prime Minister and de facto dictator of Portugal from 1932 to 1968. After that revolution they decided to erase Salazar name from history and renamed the bridge "25th of April bridge".

blumage

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: January 19, 2008, 08:57:32 pm
@EXTspotter: Yes the original name of that bridge was "Ponte Salazar" (Salazar bridge), that was the Prime Minister and de facto dictator of Portugal from 1932 to 1968. After that revolution they decided to erase Salazar name from history and renamed the bridge "25th of April bridge".

I actually read a book about Portugal, According to Pereira(im not sure if this is the correct translation) a journalist that works at the lisboa. It talked about the Salazarian dictatorship

ID 5228
And if we like to over do things just Imagine what is like to be our Guest!
Proud Member of BlueSkies

RMAirlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: January 31, 2008, 12:37:17 am
I feel proud to be a citizen. Proud to be an American citizen. Proud to go into the USAF when I am older, like many of my family members. I'm just living in China for two years. The communist national anthem makes me sick!
ly Atlantic Southeastern Airlines, your gateway to the Southeastern US and the Caribbean!
ID 8575

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk