Resume
35 (67.3%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Voting closed: December 25, 2007, 07:30:43 am

suntoucher

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: December 25, 2007, 07:30:43 am
Personally I think reset, as well as the people affected(who even if compensated etc will have to wait a day before being able to receive ordered planes) will have a lot more work to increase their DOP whereas people in high number airports with High DOP will be better off with no competition due to no one creating routes to compete with them on top of having a lot more money in the time the game was running. Naturally the high PAX airports would have a high number of based airlines so that even though they originally make more at the start, the number of competing airlines tends to even it out. With the time it was running though, as no one has been able to change routes or spend their money they've had zero competition putting the people at smaller airports with no competition at a disadvantage rather than even footing. And the people affected at even more of a disadvantage due to receiving money rather than the equivalent in instant routes/gates/planes etc.
img]http://www.freewebs.com/originalsuntoucher/70s%20logo.jpg[/img]
Suntoucher Incorporated - Flying into bright lights since 1954.

Japanair

• Airline Operative
  • :D
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 07:51:36 am
Reset when?
and when in the game?
Just answer the first question...

25th Post!

Floridair - W2169
Nordica - W2393
ID: 1945
A proud member of the WorldAir Alliance
GO CANUCKS GO!

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 08:15:35 am
suntoucher, we resetted because they were moving to stage two of the multiworlds. After the 5 years of this round, the multiworlds will be ready

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

suntoucher

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 25, 2007, 08:46:36 am
It's just general opinion. Reset back to the start of the seventies once the major bugs are repaired I'm thinking, especially as we were only one month into it anyway it's hardly a big change but it's a big effect on the rest of the five years.

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 25, 2007, 09:06:10 am
The game is PAUSED for 48 hours

suntoucher

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 25, 2007, 11:17:17 am
Ya huh but up til a few hours ago it wasn't and the bug was around since the beginning. Now say one company has a starting DOP of 600k while another has a starting DOP of 300k but can quickly increase that, even 2 hours is a huge difference, now say the bug is fixed and the people are compensated for their DOPxtime so far into the game(say 300,000x18 as a guess) they're compensated 5.4 million. But as the bugged airlines have to now wait 24 hours before they can increase this 300,000DOP due to plane processing time. Their total income is 12.6 million before increasing the DOP(minus expenses). Now 600k airline, as well as having planes on order which came 18 hours ahead of 300k airline, can instantly increase their DOP after 6 hours rather than 24(of course minus the time it takes to be able to afford said planes, 2 hours at max, so after 8 hours rather than 24 but it's negligible). Say it pushes it up to 1.5million DOP after the planes arrive. Now they have about an extra 24-27million rather than an extra 14.4million. Now 10 million is a huge amount. On top of this, even though they're making more money at the very start. Due to this downtime, players of the last round(there were 1300 I think) who have come back for this round late(as last time I checked there was 350 so we're a thousand off), give or take a couple hundred inactive players, see the login closed, and come back even later after login has reopened, or not come back at all. This then maintains the advantage that the 600k airline had rather than evening it out as those airlines fill up that airport and create competition, lowering prices and DOP's and generally making route creation and maintenance more time consuming. While the 300k's airport remains virtually untouched as it has that many less PAX at the airport, so that their DOP remains constant unlike 600k which would lower, and they don't have to spend as much time maintaining it which is probably the key feature that turns people away. This is basically rehashing what I said before with a tiny bit more detail and examples.

Edit: Sue me, I'm a ranter and don't really think about hitting enter.

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 25, 2007, 11:29:21 am
I prefer to start small and go big later. my DOP is only 150.000

suntoucher

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: December 25, 2007, 11:35:43 am
Exactly, and you're being put at a disadvantage by a resume due to the fact that the huge airports won't have so many airlines in it creating competition and lowering their DOP. As a 70 million airport can pay quadruple a 7 million airport with the same planes and number of routes. But this is usually countered by the fact that there is alot of competition at these.

By resuming alot of this competition is rendered null.

ChinaPacific

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: December 25, 2007, 12:23:21 pm
Resume is better ~
img]http://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinelogos/CNP970203A.gif[/img]
________We Treasure Each Encounter________

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
  • AM's official Spammer. Check my post counts.
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: December 25, 2007, 12:25:13 pm
resume...my airline was doing just fine before. :P

sla31

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: December 25, 2007, 02:02:26 pm
Yes, resume.  I have never had this good of a start to a round before.
Bryce Rea

ChinaPacific

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: December 25, 2007, 03:00:51 pm
Quote from: "sla31"
Yes, resume.  I have never had this good of a start to a round before.

can i join UNITED SKY GROUP?
img]http://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinelogos/CNP970203A.gif[/img]
________We Treasure Each Encounter________

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: December 25, 2007, 03:21:18 pm
@China Apply through usg.orangeams.nl

SATA

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile