35 (67.3%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Voting closed: December 25, 2007, 07:30:43 am

Scandalian Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: December 26, 2007, 07:44:11 pm
Quote from: "myefre"
Resume. Make a solid effort to find the accounts who lost a plane and give them one immediately and allow them to reestablish their flights before the clock starts. Track down their old planes and ban the players that have the planes now.

Wish there was a thumbs up emoticon :)
Good suggestion, I would hate a reset, at least now. Possibly if the game was postponed til the new year. I created all my routes on a Symbian mobile phone since I was no where near an internet connection, and even though I have access to a computer now, I won't tomorrow and creating a new game on the phone again is too much of a hassle.
I was at 21 when the game froze and even better a few gamedays before that.
img]http://www.lsn.se/televisionset/ScandalianAnimated.gif[/img]
Your skyrocket to elsewhere

feeks

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: December 26, 2007, 08:54:15 pm
Personally I want to resume. I've had very good start!  :D

But practically and in all fairness, this round needs to reset. From the point of view there have been too many reported bugs (some serious) which I can only assume that have majorly dented some of Airline's operations.
And the fact that we are less than two months in this round, a reset seems fair and appropriate.

But the admins have the last say. I'll go with the flow. 8)

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: December 26, 2007, 09:20:32 pm
Quote from: "feeks"
Personally I want to resume. I've had very good start!  :D

But practically and in all fairness, this round needs to reset. From the point of view there have been too many reported bugs (some serious) which I can only assume that have majorly dented some of Airline's operations.
And the fact that we are less than two months in this round, a reset seems fair and appropriate.

Correct!
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: December 26, 2007, 09:24:33 pm
On the other hand, the fact that the round is only 2 months old means there is still little difference between all airlines. If the bugs have seriously hindered normal airline functionality, these airlines should be able to choose if they want to reset or not, giving them a small disadvantage over the other airlines. However, airlines that have not had any problems will not be amused if they have to start over again and in all honesty, why would they have to start over because some airlines can't?

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: December 26, 2007, 09:29:55 pm
Quote from: "MrOrange"
On the other hand, the fact that the round is only 2 months old means there is still little difference between all airlines. If the bugs have seriously hindered normal airline functionality, these airlines should be able to choose if they want to reset or not, giving them a small disadvantage over the other airlines. However, airlines that have not had any problems will not be amused if they have to start over again and in all honesty, why would they have to start over because some airlines can't?

The problem is, if some asses wrecked my airline (which already had a bad DOP before) and your airline ran on quite well, I'll be off for a bad start.

Either reset to some houers before this prob first occured or completely reset. Everything else would be unfair!
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: December 26, 2007, 09:47:26 pm
The difference between me and you would be really small though. A small (financial) compensation for you would be enough to satisfy both parties.

sla31

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: December 26, 2007, 10:23:16 pm
Resume. Make a solid effort to find the accounts who lost a plane and give them one immediately and allow them to reestablish their flights before the clock starts. Track down their old planes and ban the players that have the planes now.

That would work unless the players who got the planes are brokers.  Someone who was destroying another airline could have scrapped the planes which means we got them and didn't do anything wrong.  You can't ban us for that.
Bryce Rea

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
  • AM's official Spammer. Check my post counts.
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: December 26, 2007, 11:58:42 pm
Quote from: "sla31"

That would work unless the players who got the planes are brokers.  Someone who was destroying another airline could have scrapped the planes which means we got them and didn't do anything wrong.  You can't ban us for that.

...and what would happen if they did it on accident? :(

Pacific

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: December 27, 2007, 12:34:32 am
Complications...complications.  Thus reset. :P

I found that the opening stages of an airline sim game is the most important.  You need a seriously good start to be able to rise to #1 and to maintain it.  An airline afterall grows exponentially in this game as more dop->more planes->even more dop->even more planes.

epxair

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: December 27, 2007, 12:41:03 am
lol....in fact i don't care if we have a reset......though it is better not to reset... 8)
because i also did some mistakes off the start.... :D

btw...i agree that the beginning of the game is very important.....
but last round i just started a day after the game begins :P
uropacific Air.....id: 4659
A member of Universal Empire Alliance
Partners: British Airways, Vladivostok Avia, Virgin America, Airblue

designed by killian320

MarioDooley

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: December 27, 2007, 12:42:14 am
A reset seems the fairest way to go! There's too much uncertainty and after all it's only two months!
er Ballyfermot ID 8107

West Dublin's Premier Airline

Getting You There.....Someday!

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: December 27, 2007, 03:29:12 am
no..... You can have compensation as only a handful of people accounts had been hacked.
British Pan Airways (BPA)

Serving London Heathrow to You and the Rest of the World!

Fly with our lie-flat beds in first and business class on all longhaul planes!

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

jameswyhk

• Airline Supervisor
  • So inactive...
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: December 27, 2007, 03:31:11 am
I think that we should reset the game because someone used the bug to screw up other player's airline. If we resume, it would be unfair to those players.

------

sla31

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: December 27, 2007, 03:38:49 am
But it is just a few people who have problems.  So you want to cater to the minority?  The majority of the airlines are fine and you want to reset just because a couple of people.  A reset would be unfair for the people who didn't have problems.
Bryce Rea

epxair

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: December 27, 2007, 03:48:26 am
maybe we should have compensation for those who are affected......let's say a million or two
uropacific Air.....id: 4659
A member of Universal Empire Alliance
Partners: British Airways, Vladivostok Avia, Virgin America, Airblue

designed by killian320

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk