Airline Mogul Forum

What to do with $3B? (winner gets a connie)

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: December 17, 2007, 02:47:53 pm
I'm patiently waiting for planes that exceed the Connie in speed/size/range and the Tu-70 in speed/range.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

Pacific

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: December 17, 2007, 02:56:24 pm
Quote from: "pseudoswede"
I'm patiently waiting for planes that exceed the Connie in speed/size/range and the Tu-70 in speed/range.

Does it happen to be called the Boeing 747?  lmao.  The best 707 variants had a range of around 4800nm tops if memory serves correct.

If an official broker needs bailing out of the red be my guest - I have 45 billion Euro lying around.

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: December 17, 2007, 03:08:00 pm
Quote from: "Pacific"

Does it happen to be called the Boeing 747?  lmao.  The best 707 variants had a range of around 4800nm tops if memory serves correct.

Some of the specs I've seen for the Douglas DC-7C have potential to be a Connie-killer. Not sure what could be a Tu-70-killer.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: December 17, 2007, 03:13:46 pm
I have 11 billion waiting for big orders, so I'll be fine for the time being. Obviously, if I need the cash, I'd be happy to take it :)

Pilgrim

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: December 17, 2007, 03:26:05 pm
The DC-7C might be a 1049 killer, but the 1649 should be a bigger, longer range 1049G...

Otherwise... you need the DC-8-50 (-30 and -40 along with 707-320B are almost longer ranged) to beat the 1049's range/speed/size... and it wont be in service this round.

OH and 3 billion... does realy go that far... i mean its not even 100 L1049s.... just save up, you'll need mucho Euros when the 707 comes along.

jameswyhk

• Airline Supervisor
  • So inactive...
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: December 17, 2007, 04:14:49 pm
Why don't you save it for 707?

------

pocketbookbrando

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: December 17, 2007, 04:27:18 pm
Out of curiosity, why would the official brokers bother with what they do?  It's not like they're really playing a game.  They're selling in game items to other who play a game.  It doesn't sound entertaining to me.

bibi974

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: December 17, 2007, 04:45:44 pm
Many ingam players(including me) both play and "sell items" like you said, even though unofficially. it's fun to sell planes!
How much would cost a 707? there's still 4 years t osave up.
URL=http://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/view_airline.php?id=5435][/URL]

You never rose that high!

Pacific

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: December 17, 2007, 04:50:37 pm
Quote from: "pocketbookbrando"
Out of curiosity, why would the official brokers bother with what they do?  It's not like they're really playing a game.  They're selling in game items to other who play a game.  It doesn't sound entertaining to me.

Treat the official brokers as if they're part of the AM team.  Providing a service may not be fun but the act of helping people can be very satisfying.

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: December 17, 2007, 04:53:30 pm
Quote from: "pocketbookbrando"

Because it adds a dimension to a game that can be irritating when you have 1500+ routes and no time to update them, that's my main reason I guess.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk