Airline Mogul Forum

What to do with $3B? (winner gets a connie)

bibi974

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: December 17, 2007, 01:32:26 pm
Hi
No harm intended, i don't wanna be rude, but what can I do with $3B? (I mean in AM of course)
I m kinda getting bored buying aircrafts and resell and I currently don't have time to put them on new routes.

So if you guys have any good ideas to entertain rich men with money to spare( man i hate that!), please do
Most original ideas owners wins a connie

enjoy :wink:
URL=http://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/view_airline.php?id=5435][/URL]

You never rose that high!

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 01:38:41 pm
I have triple your money.. i usually spend them on planes... and sell them..

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

suntoucher

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 01:39:32 pm
Attempt to donate it to some sort of charity.
Love to see their face when they read Three billion Euros...of Airline Mogul Money.
img]http://www.freewebs.com/originalsuntoucher/70s%20logo.jpg[/img]
Suntoucher Incorporated - Flying into bright lights since 1954.

bibi974

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 01:44:52 pm
I know lots of you have way more money than I have,don't need to brag.
I m not interesting. i'm just trying to have some fun with other ways than buying and reselling planes.
So I came up with this idea of new kind of entertainment contest where the winner wins a connie(people always need motivation).
That might also help beginner players to grow.

In short, "entertain and you'll get rich"

Suntoucher you're ine the right way!

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 01:55:47 pm
I have another "useful" way. THAT IS POSSIBLE. And entertaining... Scrapping planes.

Code: [Select]
Attempt to donate it to some sort of charity.
Love to see their face when they read Three billion Euros...of Airline Mogul Money.

Impossible. Hey.. make this in the Suggestion forum.. maybe Air_Elbonia would make a charity up.

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

bibi974

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 17, 2007, 01:57:26 pm
LOL too simple!
And official brokers might not be quite happy with that lot or (s)crap aircraft to sell

Dora

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 17, 2007, 02:01:08 pm
I started to think about the question you have now when I have 3 billions.
Now I have more than 10 times of cash and I can't think of a solution.
Buy and sell planes are not good because the market is already saturated and I don't want to edit routes fare. :oops:
Unless I can transfer my cash to another players or charity, I don't know what to do with the cash and get bored then.
May be you can ask the guy with over 1500+ destination in hand how to use money yet did not get bored. :lol:
Doraemon Airlines (id 849)

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: December 17, 2007, 02:04:55 pm
Quote from: "Jps"
I have another "useful" way. THAT IS POSSIBLE. And entertaining... Scrapping planes.

And you still don't know why Hampo left? Please, give me a break. It's exactly this kind of childish, dumb and ignorant behaviour that will cause people to quit. Do you just hate brokers? Should I stop selling planes to you because you only want to scrap them? Scrapping planes is something you do if you don't know something else. Not to annoy people, or to "have fun". Start thinking about other players, not just about your own pleasure. It may be a game, but it deals with basic real-life issues.

bibi974

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: December 17, 2007, 02:05:26 pm
Quote from: "Dora"
I started to think about the question you have now when I have 3 billions.
Now I have more than 10 times of cash and I can't think of a solution.
Buy and sell planes are not good because the market is already saturated and I don't want to edit routes fare. :oops:
Unless I can transfer my cash to another players or charity, I don't know what to do with the cash and get bored then.
May be you can ask the guy with over 1500+ destination in hand how to use money yet did not get bored. :lol:

And Dora is th winner!!!! :D  cheers

LOL just kidding you certainly don't care about one more connie in your fleet.

There seems to be no answers to this question, i may think of another contest then

bibi974

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: December 17, 2007, 02:07:37 pm
Quote from: "MrOrange"
Quote from: "Jps"

And you still don't know why Hampo left? Please, give me a break. It's exactly this kind of childish, dumb and ignorant behaviour that will cause people to quit. Do you just hate brokers? Should I stop selling planes to you because you only want to scrap them? Scrapping planes is something you do if you don't know something else. Not to annoy people, or to "have fun". Start thinking about other players, not just about your own pleasure. It may be a game, but it deals with basic real-life issues.

totally agree

Do brokers only rely on aircraft reselling or can they have their own routes/airlines too?
scrapped planes must have been a real money spinner at the (very) begining

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: December 17, 2007, 02:10:13 pm
Money spinner? After some six hours of game play, IIRC, I was 10 million in the red because of scrapped planes. Didn't hurt me too much though, I got back to number 1 worldwide thanks to scraps. Right now, the small airplanes are being scrapped too much.

We rely on aircraft sales, both used and new. We get a discount when ordering new planes for other players, so we can offer them to the end-user for less money than when you order from the manufacturer. We can also create routes, but mostly, the brokerage takes too much time to be able to maintain many routes.

bibi974

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: December 17, 2007, 02:13:58 pm
I don't really understand how brokerage works sorry. how could you end up 10 million in the red with scrapped planes?
Well my post has been driven a little out of topic

Any ideas of a contest? winner gets a connie(or 2)

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: December 17, 2007, 02:20:15 pm
Quote from: "bibi974"
I don't really understand how brokerage works sorry. how could you end up 10 million in the red with scrapped planes?
Well my post has been driven a little out of topic

Any ideas of a contest? winner gets a connie(or 2)

Game brokers work in a few ways.

First, [most obvious], they have some special abilities with a discount available to them through the broker system.  They can offer larger discounts then most normal players, and they actually pay the manu's at a discounted rate as well.  This is not a terribly large profit margin, compared to most normal route making play, but it is there.

Second, [less obvious], those scraps you make... most of them wind up in a random broker's hands.  about 10% of them are likely to vanish to the void... but the majority of them wind up being delivered to a game broker,who has to pay the scrap value of the plane to receive it [in fact. they have no choice in the matter, they pay the price you receive for the scrap, and get the plane regardless of whether they want it or not, whether they have the money or not].

Third, [least obvious], periodically they're called upon to beta test some stuff for us and give some early feedback.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

Dora

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: December 17, 2007, 02:22:41 pm
I can think of one new method of using money --- help MrOrange by buying planes from OrangeAir Brokerage!
Doraemon Airlines (id 849)

bibi974

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: December 17, 2007, 02:37:14 pm
Oh that's pretty clear, now I understand.
I haven't scrapped plane so far.
I might consider buying plane from MrOrange^^

seee ya

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk