Airline Mogul Forum

Why did you guy want to start in the 1950s?

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: November 15, 2007, 01:28:07 am
Quote from: "ALFC"
Quote from: "LOT 737-300"

I think part of that is also related to the fact that most airlines converted very recently from the "blue and white" game, where maxing out your plane's frequency will make you the most profit on a route, where here, you'll feel the best effects from 1x or 2x freqs.

its a growth issue, here people are soon going to put multiple planes with max frequency on single routes.

We'll see the great jet engined equalizer (707-020, not expecting more than 120 seats, but still) come in soon though.

how will that affect anything? i fail to figure how jets will change anything, apart from increasing capacity for routes that are now 2x0.5 restricted, that is if they will be given more than 4000nm range, which i doubt.

Larger cities will often be the choices of New folks to the game. So they will often do such put many freqs on one city rather than spreading it out evenly.

which is exactly what everyone in these cities is doing anyway, with the difference of being able to afford it

Very good point. Out of my markets, they are nowhere near the size of your's, so changes between this round and last round are barely noticable to me (I entered in 2005 last round). I think no matter what though, almost everyone will complain about getting too big too fast at a bigger airport solely because they have more pax. I recall that last round had a similar issue, at least thats what I recalled from reading forum posts from earlier on. But I will admit, I do not have experiance from such markets, nor do I wish to.

CornField

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: November 15, 2007, 02:42:10 am
I voted for the 50's.......

But as a bit of a student of history of commercial avation, personally I love the change.

If I wanted to keep mimicing the same A/B/E fleets operating to the same airports, I would have kept playing some other game.

The 50's were a era of HUGE transition in commercial avation.  The change from an extremely limited time-sensitive transport system, to the commodity products of today had their beginnings in this era.

Our little world is a bit hyper-devolped, but it certainly can give you the feeling of an airline exec in the period.

Your  Favorite Hometown Airline

Dora

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: November 15, 2007, 06:54:39 am
Please respect the result of the vote and I think the voting process is democratic enough.

I voted for 1950 and I think it is not bad. Can't imagine I have over 1000 props in my base airports.

The only thing I hope for is restricting plane size in airports. i.e. Large plane can't fly to small airports.
There's no point interesting like last round that I can fly 77W every small and big airports in the world.
Doraemon Airlines (id 849)

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: November 15, 2007, 08:57:21 am
Quote from: "Dora"
Please respect the result of the vote and I think the voting process is democratic enough.

I voted for 1950 and I think it is not bad. Can't imagine I have over 1000 props in my base airports.

The only thing I hope for is restricting plane size in airports. i.e. Large plane can't fly to small airports.
There's no point interesting like last round that I can fly 77W every small and big airports in the world.

But yea.. the votes are fair... so no point of arguing

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

blastpast

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: November 15, 2007, 11:05:26 am
Quote from: "nofrills"
L-1049 Super Constellation and R6Vs are hardly small planes.  1950s definitely has been fun for me, and informative.  I don't think I would've read as much about many aircraft in this era if it wasn't for AM and this round.

exactly. i think i voted for the 60's, but at this point im glad the 50's won. i've enjoyed so far the reserch of the planes and such. finding out planes i never knew existed.

plus it adds length to the game. jets and today's aircraft will come soon enough. it was a chance for AM to go back further and give the users a little different experience. we'll be ordering 747's soon enough...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk