Airline Mogul Forum

To player: Stealth Bomber Air

CornField

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: November 12, 2007, 11:49:33 pm
Quote from: "Air Elbonia"
Quote from: "IonWorks"
The whole undercutting is meant to get you demotivated to manage your route anyway

If that's true, then maybe AM isn't for me.  AM's attraction has been airline building, and the "death spiral" of prices seen in some markets is both unrealistic and unfun.  I see the downwards spiralling of prices over time as one of the game's biggest flaws.  I'm hoping over time, more true-to-life economic factors are put in to ameliorate this and make the game more complex.

it is somewhat accurate and realistic, the death spiral that is.  As i recall, i once saw a fact that a fully loaded United Airlines flight from JFK-LAX only made $1 (one USD) profit.

At least it wasn't operated at a loss, like many major hub routes are.

And as much as I would LOVE to slap Fozzy in the back of the head for the situation are ORD,  it is his decision to wipe out all of the large routes in an effort to make more.

Your  Favorite Hometown Airline

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: November 13, 2007, 12:15:58 am
Well your wait for less crowdedness comes closer with multiple worlds!
British Pan Airways (BPA)

Serving London Heathrow to You and the Rest of the World!

Fly with our lie-flat beds in first and business class on all longhaul planes!

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

pTr

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: November 13, 2007, 12:24:46 am
I don't understand whats the problem with that.. I do the same thing.. fly more frequencies with more planes.. thats how you compete. What did you expect?
img]http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff56/ptrshih/shanghaiyt3.gif[/img]

Shanghai Airlines ID:655

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: November 13, 2007, 12:58:26 am
Quote from: "CornField"
Quote from: "Air Elbonia"
Quote from: "IonWorks"
The whole undercutting is meant to get you demotivated to manage your route anyway

If that's true, then maybe AM isn't for me.  AM's attraction has been airline building, and the "death spiral" of prices seen in some markets is both unrealistic and unfun.  I see the downwards spiralling of prices over time as one of the game's biggest flaws.  I'm hoping over time, more true-to-life economic factors are put in to ameliorate this and make the game more complex.

it is somewhat accurate and realistic, the death spiral that is.  As i recall, i once saw a fact that a fully loaded United Airlines flight from JFK-LAX only made $1 (one USD) profit.

At least it wasn't operated at a loss, like many major hub routes are

Odds are it typically is. 100% loadfactor on any route is pretty rare, and it took 100% LF on that route to earn $1 dollar profit.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

gagahput3ra

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: November 13, 2007, 05:12:35 am
Quote from: "AirHanoverInternational"
Quote from: "fozzybr"
And I just dropped to 55%  :(

I'll get ya back later when I'm not at work  :twisted:

Ok, first we need to find out who you are working for. Then you may have different problems than dropping LF :wink:

Next: why dont you look for different routes? Give up a base and look for another one where you can create more valuable routes. Biggest airports are so crowded today that it is sometimes easier to make money from midsized ones. It is the first season I play this game and did not start on the first day of this round was started but I am still satisfied with my business although I read in the forums here that Europe is not easy to play from. Remember: it is just a game. Or as my drill sergant told me: "Sometimes you lose - sometimes the other one wins."  :wink:

Trully agree with this one  :wink: . You doesn't have to take this game so seriously until the game take you seriously you know :roll:
img]http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/3166/gwebsair21nm8.png[/img]
GweBS Air[BS]. A New Life Is Here.
BlueSkies Members
Official Partners Of Fly Luso, Czech International Airlines, Asian Connection & Fly Mogul

fozzybr

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: November 13, 2007, 07:50:00 am
CornField - consider me slapped  :lol:

BTW, SBX doesn't own the most flights out of ORD, just the most pax, and that seems to change daily with this competition!
tealth Bomber Airlines - You don't see us 'til we fly right over ya!
ID:3519

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: November 13, 2007, 10:33:17 am
Oh wow...a lot of spam in one day  :lol:

But hey that airline can do whatever he wants  :lol: . I even get complaints like this. One said "STOP RUINING MY NETWORK IN EUROPE" In caps and even though he was based in South America  :roll: .

But hey... i'd ignore them  :lol:

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

nofrills

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: November 13, 2007, 01:49:05 pm
The antagonist airline here is hardly the worst or the only one.  Let those without sin (of undercutting) cast the first stone.

If people want to ruin a route, they're making less money at the same time as their opponents.  Fair enough.

Dora

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: November 13, 2007, 04:47:27 pm
I think AM is a game that mainly do creating routes and, cutting price.
When a route is lowered to 1 euro, then it is certified dead.
And you should not feel sad, instead, you should be happy because you have 1 route free from editing. :lol:
Doraemon Airlines (id 849)

NewYinzer

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: November 14, 2007, 10:36:09 pm
You mean like HND-KIX has died? I feel your pain. I can let 16k evaporate from my bank account every hour!  :lol:

Dora

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: November 15, 2007, 07:11:05 am
Quote from: "NewYinzer"
You mean like HND-KIX has died? I feel your pain. I can let 16k evaporate from my bank account every hour!  :lol:

Well HND-KIX died because of competition. The more vigorous comprtition it has, the faster it die.
If your competitors want the route die, then just do him/her a favor. :lol:
I have prepared for the worst.
Doraemon Airlines (id 849)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk