Airline Mogul Forum

Another kind of 0.5 frequency abuse?

Dora · 92 · 18317

Dora

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: October 14, 2007, 08:53:09 am
Will it be considered an abuse if a player put all the routes in 0.5 but not violating 2x0.5 per route?
It is a very efficient way in making money.
Doraemon Airlines (id 849)

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 09:09:30 am
Quote from: "Dora"
Will it be considered an abuse if a player put all the routes in 0.5 but not violating 2x0.5 per route?
It is a very efficient way in making money.

it's not against the rules.. but it is abusing 0.5 freq

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 09:17:57 am
It's not against the rules, however, do consider that it's actually very easy if you want to compete on those routes, because 0.5 frequency routes tend to be a walkover.

Max2147

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 10:42:16 am
Quote from: "MrOrange"
It's not against the rules, however, do consider that it's actually very easy if you want to compete on those routes, because 0.5 frequency routes tend to be a walkover.

Yes, but if it's one vs. one at that airport then the legit airline will only be able to compete on half the routes of the cheater airline.  The 0.5 routes effectively doubles your airplane's hours by violating the laws of physics.

That's why I want the game to have a limit of one 0.5 frequency route per plane.
lying Badger Airlines

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 10:43:59 am
Yeah, I know, but all I'm saying is that they're useless when someone competes with them.

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 10:56:05 am
Yeah, I know, but all I'm saying is that they're useless when someone competes with them.

True.. :wink:

Pacific

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 14, 2007, 11:10:41 am
I do hope there will be a cap of two 0.5 route per aircraft in the future.  However, since that doesn't exist and the rules still allow 1x 0.5, I play the game in the most profitable way possible within the rules.

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 14, 2007, 11:15:38 am
Quote from: "Pacific"
I do hope there will be a cap of two 0.5 route per aircraft in the future.  However, since that doesn't exist and the rules still allow 1x 0.5, I play the game in the most profitable way possible within the rules.

Meaning you use 0.5 routes too?

Pacific

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 14, 2007, 11:30:09 am
Yes, because it's absolutely legal and I even took extra steps to confirm with Stephen about my intended strategy before the round even began.

No game is 100% accurate.  Play it as a game, not a sim.

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 14, 2007, 11:32:53 am
Quote from: "Pacific"
Yes, because it's absolutely legal and I even took extra steps to confirm with Stephen about my intended strategy before the round even began.

No game is 100% accurate.  Play it as a game, not a sim.

:D .. that's why you get so many passengers..

blastpast

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 14, 2007, 01:03:04 pm
Quote from: "Max2147"

Yes, but if it's one vs. one at that airport then the legit airline will only be able to compete on half the routes of the cheater airline.  The 0.5 routes effectively doubles your airplane's hours by violating the laws of physics.

That's why I want the game to have a limit of one 0.5 frequency route per plane.

well really i think you should only be able to fly half routes to your own bases. like 1 frequency for any airport that is not a base/focus city. since our rule is that you cannot start a flight from anywhere except a base, it would only make sense that a one way flight could not come back from there the second day. so i see it as either that, or leave it as it is. it's a half frequency, with high fares, or one frequency with lower fares, but only making about 1.5 times the money. a little weird when you think about it..

INA - Infinity Air

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: October 14, 2007, 02:50:18 pm
hi there,

if the 0.5 Freq Routes are such a problem why don´t you delete the 0.5 Freq and start at 1.0 ??

However i think it´s more realistic if we can choose ONLY whole numbers (only full circle).
In real life it is not possible to fly from your base to a city and next route start at your base!

0.5 Routes are a good chance to fill up Aircraft hours for a better usage but it is not really realistic.
reetings
Stefan
CEO of Infinty Air
ID 1319

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: October 14, 2007, 03:03:02 pm
Quote from: "INA - Infinity Air"
hi there,

if the 0.5 Freq Routes are such a problem why don´t you delete the 0.5 Freq and start at 1.0 ??

However i think it´s more realistic if we can choose ONLY whole numbers (only full circle).
In real life it is not possible to fly from your base to a city and next route start at your base!

0.5 Routes are a good chance to fill up Aircraft hours for a better usage but it is not really realistic.

You can have 2 0.5 frequency routes on one plane. Say the plane flies LAX-JFK and LAX-BOS on a 0.5 frequency. Here's what you'd get:

Day 1: BOS-LAX; LAX-JFK
Day 2: JFK-LAX; LAX-BOS

etc.etc.etc.

Air Klymaxia

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: October 14, 2007, 03:28:11 pm
I don't care if there are rules about the 0.5 flights, but be consistent about it.  Last round we were all told that it was ok to have two 0.5 flights, now it's changed again?

If it's going to be such a problem to have 0.5 flights, then just eliminate the option altogether.

Some flights come in setting their price at $39 just to run out the competition right off the bat and it's easier to send in two 0.5 flights into the same destination to make up the money.

Daemonfly

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: October 14, 2007, 04:27:47 pm
Just fyi, there's already a 7-page thread about the various 0.5 freq issues here http://www.stephenm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2307

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk