Another kind of 0.5 frequency abuse?

Dora · 92 · 18841

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: October 14, 2007, 04:34:38 pm
Quote from: "INA - Infinity Air"
hi there,

if the 0.5 Freq Routes are such a problem why don´t you delete the 0.5 Freq and start at 1.0 ??

However i think it´s more realistic if we can choose ONLY whole numbers (only full circle).
In real life it is not possible to fly from your base to a city and next route start at your base!

0.5 Routes are a good chance to fill up Aircraft hours for a better usage but it is not really realistic.

I don't care if there are rules about the 0.5 flights, but be consistent about it. Last round we were all told that it was ok to have two 0.5 flights, now it's changed again?

If it's going to be such a problem to have 0.5 flights, then just eliminate the option altogether.

Some flights come in setting their price at $39 just to run out the competition right off the bat and it's easier to send in two 0.5 flights into the same destination to make up the money.

Getting rid of the .5 option would not allow for long distance flights, also, think of a .5 like this, You fly from City A to City B on day, but not the way back, then the next day, you'll fly from City B to City A. The problem is that people abuse .5s and treat it as if it was 1 flight.  I personally think a limit of 2 or 3 .5s per aircraft is good enough to let .5s still be possible in the game, but not let people abuse .5s to put more hours in their planes. I think I remember Air Elbonia in another thread stated that they are working on solution to .5 abuse before they would implement this idea.

Pacific

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: October 14, 2007, 04:59:33 pm
Quote from: "Air Klymaxia"
I don't care if there are rules about the 0.5 flights, but be consistent about it.  Last round we were all told that it was ok to have two 0.5 flights, now it's changed again?

To my knowledge, this rule still applies.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: October 14, 2007, 05:02:53 pm
Air Klymaxia's case is being dealt with by DanielD. I won't comment on it because I can't. I have no knowledge about it at all but there is a reason behind everything our staff do.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Air Klymaxia

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: October 14, 2007, 06:03:01 pm
Quote from: "dktc"
Air Klymaxia's case is being dealt with by DanielD. I won't comment on it because I can't. I have no knowledge about it at all but there is a reason behind everything our staff do.

I'm just waiting to hear back from him.

My understanding of the rule was two 0.5 flights per destination and not two 0.5 flights per aircraft.

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: October 14, 2007, 06:17:44 pm
Deleted.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: October 14, 2007, 06:24:14 pm
Quote from: "pseudoswede"
Quote from: "Air Klymaxia"

My understanding of the rule was two 0.5 flights per destination and not two 0.5 flights per aircraft.

Per Daniel, it is now only one 0.5 flight per destination and as many 0.5 flights as you want.

Per Stephen, and Daniel about 2 hours ago, it is still 2*0.5 max.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Dora

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: October 14, 2007, 08:01:52 pm
In Daniel D's thread, he said we should use 0.5 freq logically.
When talking about logic, it will be another problem in AM if we should play it realistically or not.
I'm really confused...
Doraemon Airlines (id 849)

Sensfan1

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: October 14, 2007, 08:15:54 pm
Well personally I am striving to play the game realistically. So I will not have 2(0.5 freq routes) going to an airport even it it means I make more profit from just 1 (1 freq route).  It does not make sense to me to be able to fly to a place and then magically reappear at your base and fly again which is in most cases what is happening with 2(0.5 freq) routes.  My realistic playing will put me lower in the rankings but it will give me the persoanal satisfaction that I know I am playing well trying to make it realistic.  I think this is a better way to go.  Some people play to win and that is fine.  I play to enjoy and have fun and more realism is part of that.

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: October 14, 2007, 08:32:03 pm
Quote from: "Sensfan1"
Well personally I am striving to play the game realistically. So I will not have 2(0.5 freq routes) going to an airport even it it means I make more profit from just 1 (1 freq route).  It does not make sense to me to be able to fly to a place and then magically reappear at your base and fly again which is in most cases what is happening with 2(0.5 freq) routes.  My realistic playing will put me lower in the rankings but it will give me the persoanal satisfaction that I know I am playing well trying to make it realistic.  I think this is a better way to go.  Some people play to win and that is fine.  I play to enjoy and have fun and more realism is part of that.

Well, what I see the .5s as is the plane doing a overnighter, then leaving the next moring to the base. Then the 2nd .5 can go to another city that follows that. So in my opinion, it is realistic, but I don't like how people make all of their routes .5s, in my opinion, it defeats the purpose of having it in the first place.

Dora

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: October 14, 2007, 08:37:20 pm
From what I understand, having all routes in 0.5 freq are both illogical and unrealistic...
The profit cannot simply be counted on in one single day.

Air Klymaxia

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: October 14, 2007, 09:25:54 pm
Quote from: "Dora"
From what I understand, having all routes in 0.5 freq are both illogical and unrealistic...
The profit cannot simply be counted on in one single day.

If you want realism, then you can't have 0.5 flights.  Even for the long haul flights, since that aircraft has to get back to your base.  If you only have a oneway flight, then your aircraft is stuck at the destination's airport.  If it's going to flyback, then you might as well load it up with passengers and bring them back to your destination.

Another realistic option is to fly your aircraft from one destination to another.  So, I could have my flight leave Toronto bound for Ottawa and then leave Ottawa for Montreal, then back to Toronto.

I have been on flights that would stop in a city to pick up more passengers and refuel while continuing on to my destination.  I once flew from Trenton, Ontario to Saskatoon, Saskatchewan where we picked up passengers and refueled then continued on from there to Quadra, British Columbia.

Pacific

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: October 14, 2007, 09:28:18 pm
This is a limitation in the game, because it works as a 24 hour clock for simplicity.  In real life, airlines are not restricted at 24 hours when it comes to fleet allocation.  The 0.5s for longhauls is therefore a compromise.

Dora

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: October 14, 2007, 11:00:22 pm
Quote from: "Pacific"
This is a limitation in the game, because it works as a 24 hour clock for simplicity.  In real life, airlines are not restricted at 24 hours when it comes to fleet allocation.  The 0.5s for longhauls is therefore a compromise.

I agree with you that it's a compromise of using 0.5s restricted to longhaul flights.
The problems now are players like to use 0.5s on all short hauls, given that dc-3 can't go for longhaul.
Using 0.5s on all short hauls can't be a compromise at all.

Pacific

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: October 14, 2007, 11:11:03 pm
Quote from: "Dora"
Quote from: "Pacific"

I agree with you that it's a compromise of using 0.5s restricted to longhaul flights.
The problems now are players like to use 0.5s on all short hauls, given that dc-3 can't go for longhaul.
Using 0.5s on all short hauls can't be a compromise at all.

100% agreed.  I can only hope it can be fixed the next round.  As for this round, use the 1x 0.5s as much as you want - it's permitted and profitable afterall.

rodendack

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: October 14, 2007, 11:35:21 pm
I´m also being realistic and I don´t have any 0.5 routes (I think), but my position on the charts is dropping a lot
ordillera Airlines, your gate to the South Pacific

ID2322...

Excuse me for my poor english :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk