Airline Mogul Forum

Zero Tolerance

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: October 13, 2007, 11:10:02 pm
Quote from: "Blue Sky Mine"
No, you gotta send a mail to the adress given in the "reporting an airline"-thread.

myefre

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: October 14, 2007, 12:50:48 am
Maybe someone can explain this.

A .5 frequency is a one way and a 1 frequency is a roundtrip? correct?

if so then why if I can get a 100% loadfactor on a rt is it not 2x the DOP of a one way with a 100% loadfactor?  

Thanks

Pacific

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: October 14, 2007, 12:53:08 am
A round trip gives twice the number of seats as a one-way.  The more seats you have, the lower the benefit per added seat declines.  The law of diminishing returns.

RON

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: October 14, 2007, 01:22:27 am
before the law of diminishing returns

two 0.5 freqency route should have the same performance with one 1 freqency route

but the law of diminishing returns wont apply when you have the second, the third and even the tenth 0.5 freqency route in this game

but many players make abuse use of such bug to make huge profit

I dont think it is healthly at all
cando-Italian Air

myefre

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: October 14, 2007, 03:26:13 am
OK, it does figure it right for a round trip. I was confusing myself when I was thinking about the .5 frequency thingy. The problem appears to be when you change from a one way to a round trip the demand for the return seems to be very less. This is across the board and why the .5 frequency is so inviting. Of course demand isn't going to be the same going both ways but it is way out of wack I believe.

blue25

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: October 14, 2007, 04:09:21 am
Yep, I agree :)
Alto Airlines [ID: 2167]

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: October 14, 2007, 04:26:44 am
Quote from: "myefre"
OK, it does figure it right for a round trip. I was confusing myself when I was thinking about the .5 frequency thingy. The problem appears to be when you change from a one way to a round trip the demand for the return seems to be very less. This is across the board and why the .5 frequency is so inviting. Of course demand isn't going to be the same going both ways but it is way out of wack I believe.

The loadfactor code is changed so this is totally different.. so you actually earn more profit doing 1 freq. now

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: October 14, 2007, 05:04:45 am

ticket price goes down, but total revenue tends to go up.

you may be able to sell 100 seats at €700, you probably can't sell 200 seats at €700 because it's harder to find 200 people willing to pay that much than it is to find 100 people.  Now, last age, you'd probably resort to finding 200 people that would pay €351 (so no huge advantage warranted the extra costs); THIS age, you could very well get 200 people to pay €375 or €400 a ticket.  100 seats at €700 would bring in €70,000, but 200 seats would bring in between €75,000 and €80,000.   numbers pulled out of the top of my head.  If you think because you could find 1 person to pay €1,000 for something, naturally 1,000 people would pay that much. You're probably wrong.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

pennykeung

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #83 on: October 14, 2007, 05:11:37 am
*post deleted by dktc: 1. please don't accuse players in the open; 2. please don't undo moderator's editing, this is a warning*

myefre

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: October 14, 2007, 05:26:56 am
Quote from: "Jps"

The loadfactor code is changed so this is totally different.. so you actually earn more profit doing 1 freq. now

Just played with one of my routes and doesn't appear so. One of my .5 earns 17,912. When I changed it to 1 the most I could get was 22,385. Not very good and really a waste of time to use that extra .5 for only 4,493 more in revenue.

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: October 14, 2007, 05:30:09 am
pennykeung please do not accuse players publicly..you may email staff@airlinemogul.com

Daemonfly

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: October 14, 2007, 06:48:05 am
I switched all mine from 1.0 to 0.5 and added a few more routes with the extra hours available, and made +40k to my DOP. 1 airplane, 9 routes (no more than one 0.5 route to any one airport). They weren't even really great airports either.

Realistic? No.

Better profit within the current rules? Yup.

Last round, I only had 1 route where 1.0 had a bit more profit than 0.5, this time, 1.0 has always had more than 0.5, but not enough to make 1.0 more profitable than 0.5 overall. Why do 1.0 when I can do 0.5 on one gate and another 0.5 on another gate and make double+ the profit?

I do agree that the rules should change so that no plane can do more than one single 0.5 unlinked route. By "unlinked", I mean not doing a base->base->base->base run, which should be allowed, but I don't think the game actually factors that in at all?

Lets see what this one single airplane does.

1. Flies to airport #1 loaded with passengers - uses up hours.
2. Magically reappears at base - uses no hours to get back
3. Flies to airport #2 loaded with passengers - uses up hours.
4. Magically reappears at base - uses no hours to get back
5. Flies to airport #3 loaded with passengers - uses up hours.
6. Magically reappears at base - uses no hours to get back
7. Flies to airport #4 loaded with passengers - uses up hours.
8. Magically reappears at base - uses no hours to get back
9. Flies to airport #5 loaded with passengers - uses up hours.
10. Magically reappears at base - uses no hours to get back

So on & so forth...

Even though it's currently within the rules, it's only just slightly less "cheating" than having multiple 0.5s on the same route.

yuziirvine

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: October 14, 2007, 07:19:42 am
What about flying two 0.5 frequency with two different planes?
Because both planes cant make 1 frequency??
siair!
(ID: 1048)

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #88 on: October 14, 2007, 07:38:57 am
Quote from: "yuziirvine"
What about flying two 0.5 frequency with two different planes?
Because both planes cant make 1 frequency??

Still not allowed if its to the same airport

Tulane

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #89 on: October 14, 2007, 08:24:57 am
Quote from: "Daemonfly"
I switched all mine from 1.0 to 0.5 and added a few more routes with the extra hours available, and made +40k to my DOP. 1 airplane, 9 routes (no more than one 0.5 route to any one airport). They weren't even really great airports either.

Realistic? No.

Better profit within the current rules? Yup.

Last round, I only had 1 route where 1.0 had a bit more profit than 0.5, this time, 1.0 has always had more than 0.5, but not enough to make 1.0 more profitable than 0.5 overall. Why do 1.0 when I can do 0.5 on one gate and another 0.5 on another gate and make double+ the profit?

I do agree that the rules should change so that no plane can do more than one single 0.5 unlinked route. By "unlinked", I mean not doing a base->base->base->base run, which should be allowed, but I don't think the game actually factors that in at all?

Lets see what this one single airplane does.

1. Flies to airport #1 loaded with passengers - uses up hours.
2. Magically reappears at base - uses no hours to get back
3. Flies to airport #2 loaded with passengers - uses up hours.
4. Magically reappears at base - uses no hours to get back
5. Flies to airport #3 loaded with passengers - uses up hours.
6. Magically reappears at base - uses no hours to get back
7. Flies to airport #4 loaded with passengers - uses up hours.
8. Magically reappears at base - uses no hours to get back
9. Flies to airport #5 loaded with passengers - uses up hours.
10. Magically reappears at base - uses no hours to get back

So on & so forth...

Even though it's currently within the rules, it's only just slightly less "cheating" than having multiple 0.5s on the same route.

I'm finding the same. I accidentally found this out when I wanted to add an extra flight to a higher revenue airport (MCO versus BTR). It seems the .5's do generate significantly more cash. However, when I get new planes I'll be changing the .5's to 1's.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk