Airline Mogul Forum

Zero Tolerance

Mjolnir

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #105 on: October 15, 2007, 03:17:26 pm
Quote from: "Tulane"

I'm finding the same. I accidentally found this out when I wanted to add an extra flight to a higher revenue airport (MCO versus BTR). It seems the .5's do generate significantly more cash. However, when I get new planes I'll be changing the .5's to 1's.

This is what I did. I flew a whole bunch of hub/spoke .5 freq routes until I generated enough money to purchase planes and switch to 1 freq routes.

I don't believe I have any .5 routes left, and if I do it's no more than 1 to fill out a planes hours.

I would probably (  :D  ) make more money the old way, but I no longer feel like a cheater, so I enjoy my "game" more now.

My point (insofar as I have one) is that everybody plays the game differently, and for different reasons. I hope the mods enforce the rules they have in place, and I hope my competitors play to win- with honor.

I'm enjoying it so far, and I want to thank the mods/developers/owners for their work.

Hammer of the Gods- Your northern Europe connection.
 know sweet FA about planes.

AlexODS

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: October 15, 2007, 07:17:52 pm
As one of the smaller airlines I would like to say that such a rule does not seem to be fair. If one has 2 planes and both of them have 0,5 frequency left I would not say it's not reasonable to put them both on the most profitable route. And as these frequencies are daily so we get about 14 frequencies per month, which is ok in real life.
And second idea, to take any sanctions one should first make some affort and notify every reasonable player about the RULES. Are there any mentioning of this rule in the manual? or maybe there are any warning messages? Or maybe there is a section called RULES on this site? All the answers are NO.
This is an unfair condition, because person should be informed of any special rules, bans and the conciquences.

And what will happen to people who violate this frequency rule?

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #107 on: October 15, 2007, 07:26:02 pm
Maybe there's this huge thread, some other threads, numerous warnings from game admins all over the forum, in-game notifications, and probably some things I forgot.

Re:What will happen: The routes violating the rule will be closed.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #108 on: October 15, 2007, 07:29:00 pm
Quote from: "AlexODS"
As one of the smaller airlines I would like to say that such a rule does not seem to be fair. If one has 2 planes and both of them have 0,5 frequency left I would not say it's not reasonable to put them both on the most profitable route. And as these frequencies are daily so we get about 14 frequencies per month, which is ok in real life.
And second idea, to take any sanctions one should first make some affort and notify every reasonable player about the RULES. Are there any mentioning of this rule in the manual? or maybe there are any warning messages? Or maybe there is a section called RULES on this site? All the answers are NO.
This is an unfair condition, because person should be informed of any special rules, bans and the conciquences.

And what will happen to people who violate this frequency rule?

1. The rule is fair. It is just that you can't have more than 2 0.5 frequncies between any pair of airports. If you have time left for 0.5, you could put it in, as long as you don't do more than 2 to the same destination from the same origin.

2. That would be a good idea. Stephen has been trying to add the rules to the registration page, but bug fixing took priority. We would certainly look into that. However, we will not be emailing warnings to players this round because we have found that ineffective from the experience of the last round. Most people ignore the warning and the warning period delays the closure of the routes. The warning itself also takes the time of checking 3 accounts on average, which means by eliminating the warning process, we can check 4 times as many accounts in the same period of time.

3. For the accounts I inspected, they get banned with their routes closed. Then right after the suspension of their accounts, they get an email from me to their registered email. If however, their emails are fake, then I can't do anything about that. (That would be their own fault to put in a false email). The email states that the accounts have been suspended and to email me back to reinstated them. As soon as I receive the replies, the accounts got release. The players that have experiences this would tell you the same thing. Mind you, there could be some delays, because I do have classes and I need sleep. However, every accounts suspended due to that reason has been reactivated within 12 hours of the players' reply. Average time is about an hour or so, because I am always here.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

AlexODS

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #109 on: October 15, 2007, 07:30:32 pm
Are there any in game warnings?  And is it compulsary to visit this forum?

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #110 on: October 15, 2007, 07:31:30 pm
Are there any in game warnings?  And is it compulsary to visit this forum?

It is not compulsory, and if you want the in game warnings, we will get it done asap. The process itself will not change though.
D Express (id 616) 8)

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #111 on: October 15, 2007, 07:32:21 pm
I think there are in-game warnings somewhere, I recall seeing some. And no, it's not compulsory to visit the forum, but I'd say it's rather useless to play the game and not visit the forum. There's a link to it in the navigation bar.

AlexODS

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #112 on: October 15, 2007, 07:34:56 pm
You could have seen some in game warnings in two cases: a) you violate this rule yourself, b) you have more than one account  :wink:

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #113 on: October 15, 2007, 07:36:10 pm
You could have seen some in game warnings in two cases: a) you violate this rule yourself, b) you have more than one account  :wink:

Those aren't in-game warnings though. And both 1 and 2 are things that'd be hard to find on my account. I don't think I have even 1 X.5-frequency route :)

AlexODS

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #114 on: October 15, 2007, 07:38:04 pm
Well this not a case for discussion. IMHO the RULES are needed

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #115 on: October 15, 2007, 07:42:01 pm
We can always open a new forum section for that. However, in the meantime, the numerous Stickies on this subject should be enough of a warning.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #116 on: October 15, 2007, 07:48:54 pm
Quote from: "MrOrange"
We can always open a new forum section for that. However, in the meantime, the numerous Stickies on this subject should be enough of a warning.

Apparently not seeing how much work I have :roll:
D Express (id 616) 8)

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #117 on: October 15, 2007, 08:50:27 pm
You're not the only one here :wink:

Pacific

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #118 on: October 15, 2007, 08:57:55 pm
One of our admins could "deface" the AM index page in bold text, stating the policy on 0.5s as an interim fix.

yuziirvine

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #119 on: October 15, 2007, 09:38:01 pm
:shock: So we now changed back to 2X0.5, correct?? :roll:
siair!
(ID: 1048)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk