Airline Mogul Forum

Terminal build problem

GCoach · 16 · 3527

GCoach

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: September 18, 2007, 12:53:26 am
Today my friend told me he built a 10 gate terminal for 10mil so I try and I build a 5 gate terminal but it costs me 26mil is there a way I can get my money back.

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 01:12:21 am
The system is designed to show projected costs pretty accurately, thereby i feel little fault in the situation.  

terminal costs vary pretty heavily based on the airport's monthly rental fees.  I think the lesson here is look before you leap.  sorry.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

blastpast

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 01:25:05 am
well my question is, when you build a terminal, is that a one time fee, or is it monthly? it says monthly in the finance page, but 40 million/month seems pretty hefty, don't you think?

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 01:28:14 am
The building fee is one time, but you pay 75% of gate rent monthly for upkeep.

I am guessing the one in the financial page is just a "write-off" thing for that one month.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

blastpast

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 01:36:38 am
ok because under my "to date" profit it shows -55,000,000. not even but 55 million something. but i noticed that when the game month changed, it didnt take that much. only like 10 million in fees. i just wondered if this was going to go on or if things are being slowely adjusted or what. as long as i don't get any unnescisary charges, i'm not complaining. just was wondering. since it lists like 45 million as my monthly gate rental fees. i was just reading up on the 75% thing. im fine with that. and what that means is that if a gate is 200,000 to rent at the airport, my monthly fees are 150,00 for each gate in my terminal? right?

thanks

rodendack

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 18, 2007, 01:52:53 am
kinda offtopic: come on guys, build terminals on north america now!  :?
ordillera Airlines, your gate to the South Pacific

ID2322...

Excuse me for my poor english :)

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 18, 2007, 02:04:18 am
Quote from: "blastpast"
i was just reading up on the 75% thing. im fine with that. and what that means is that if a gate is 200,000 to rent at the airport, my monthly fees are 150,00 for each gate in my terminal? right?

Correct.
D Express (id 616) 8)

Dora

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 18, 2007, 07:12:12 pm
Something I want to make sure...
I'd like to know if I build 20 gates at my terminal in a airport, then I should return 2 gates right? Then what happens to these 2 gates? Will they be released again for rent to other airlines?
If more airlines build terminals in a airport, then will the total number of gates (gates built + gates for rent) in that aiport be increased?
Doraemon Airlines (id 849)

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 18, 2007, 07:56:08 pm
Quote from: "Dora"
1. Will they be released again for rent to other airlines?
2. If more airlines build terminals in a airport, then will the total number of gates (gates built + gates for rent) in that aiport be increased?

1. Correct
2. It will.
D Express (id 616) 8)

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 18, 2007, 08:27:37 pm
Corrections (or clarifications)
1. Rented gates will automatically be released at time of construction, if you have no rented gates, no gates will be released.
2. Rented gates will not increase in total due to terminals, however, they will cycle through players more as terminals grow.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

Dora

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 18, 2007, 09:31:53 pm
So from my understanding so far...
Rented gates will not increase. But with more players building terminals at an airport, the total number of gates at that airport will increase.
For instance, when 10 players build new terminals with 10 new gates at an airport with already 100 rented gates(no gates left), the total number of gates at that particular airport will become 200, right?
Doraemon Airlines (id 849)

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: September 18, 2007, 10:54:19 pm
Quote from: "Dora"
So from my understanding so far...
Rented gates will not increase. But with more players building terminals at an airport, the total number of gates at that airport will increase.
For instance, when 10 players build new terminals with 10 new gates at an airport with already 100 rented gates(no gates left), the total number of gates at that particular airport will become 200, right?

Correct. (I am feeling lazy today... and AEB is making clarification anyway :P )
D Express (id 616) 8)

southeastern AL

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: September 19, 2007, 03:46:22 am
Quote from: "rodendack"

i gave up 25 in ATL 3 in HNL 6 in JFK 9 in SEA and 6 in TPA so i did my part cant help any more now i have 0 rented gates
LY SOUTHEASTERN JETS

rodendack

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: September 19, 2007, 05:51:29 am
Quote from: "southeastern AL"
Quote from: "rodendack"

i gave up 25 in ATL 3 in HNL 6 in JFK 9 in SEA and 6 in TPA so i did my part cant help any more now i have 0 rented gates

yep, the market changed a lot, this change was really helpful, lots of gates, after so many weeks with the top airports at 0, I even got a place on atlanta and some of the big ones  :wink:
ordillera Airlines, your gate to the South Pacific

ID2322...

Excuse me for my poor english :)

Air Klymaxia

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: September 19, 2007, 05:12:14 pm
If you build a terminal, are those gates subject to being returned if not used, or are they basically mine?  Like, if I build 4 gates and only use 2, but have the other two for future expansion, do I have to worry about the script dumping those on me?

Can I rent out the gates in the terminal I built to other airlines?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk