Airline Mogul Forum

how are you able to play this game

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: September 05, 2007, 03:03:55 pm
pTr, TEVA South lol    Pretty big airline...

Anyways... I have to race with 4 major airlines  :(   Think Airlines, Iguana (top in South America), Pro Air, Caribbean Air and... I also have to avoid Viasa - Venezolana de Aviación because he/she is in my alliance.. and he/she is top 2 in South America... Basically, they got all the regional routes...  Very Long-haul is my only choice  :(  oh wait Iguana operates A LOT of very long haul flights, the airline even reached the Middle East   :shock:

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: September 05, 2007, 03:06:44 pm
TEVA South. He´s in the rankings :)

Pilgrim

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: September 05, 2007, 03:09:27 pm
Competition is the name of this game... If you don't like it, do as suggested, set up your airline somewhere small. Any of the major markets will have at least one if not more aggressive airlines at them. TEVA South is actually pretty tame compared to some... like Alpha Air  :twisted:

And i've become much MORE aggressive since a couple startups out of BOS really hurt me and i didn't respond to them fast enough... So in other words if you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

newports01

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: September 06, 2007, 01:28:15 am
Quote from: "Max2147"
The reason TEVA South is making the cheap routes is because they want you off their turf.  They have a lot more money than you do, so I reccomend doing as they wish.

Find a nice little airport where no other airlines have created a base.  It'll have to be a very small airport (around 1 million passengers), but if you create a base there and fly routes that nobody else is flying you should be able to survive.

This sort of behavior happens in real life.  Look what United Airlines did to Independence Air at Dulles.
and how am i saposed to do this when im 6 million in the hole and cant make any money??

Max2147

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: September 06, 2007, 01:57:09 am
Quote from: "newports01"
The reason TEVA South is making the cheap routes is because they want you off their turf.  They have a lot more money than you do, so I reccomend doing as they wish.

Find a nice little airport where no other airlines have created a base.  It'll have to be a very small airport (around 1 million passengers), but if you create a base there and fly routes that nobody else is flying you should be able to survive.

This sort of behavior happens in real life.  Look what United Airlines did to Independence Air at Dulles.
and how am i saposed to do this when im 6 million in the hole and cant make any money??

If you're 6 million in the hole at this point in the month, you're in trouble.  You might want to start over.

If you want to keep this game going, you can try selling your ATR to get some cash.  They fetch quite a bit of money on the open market, and you can get a bunch of Dash-8's for that money.
lying Badger Airlines

pTr

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: September 06, 2007, 02:15:04 am
Quote from: "Jps"

Well.. you guys made TEVA South sound so scary... so I only looked in the top 100..=.= Just found out we're competing on PHL-DTW..
img]http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff56/ptrshih/shanghaiyt3.gif[/img]

Shanghai Airlines ID:655

rodendack

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: September 06, 2007, 03:10:33 am
they can afford to lose some money to gain later, besides, they also compensate by creating a lot of small routes and raising the profit margins (I guess, I never saw the airline link)
ordillera Airlines, your gate to the South Pacific

ID2322...

Excuse me for my poor english :)

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: September 06, 2007, 03:15:22 am
Quote from: "pTr"
Well.. you guys made TEVA South sound so scary... so I only looked in the top 100..=.= Just found out we're competing on PHL-DTW..

Don't dwell on it. They don't even know what "large" and "scary" mean in AM :P
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Pro Air

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: September 06, 2007, 04:00:04 am

Anyways... I have to race with 4 major airlines  :(   Think Airlines, Iguana (top in South America), Pro Air

Yeeeeeah fear Pro Air!!!!

Seriously, if someone wants to run a money losing $10 flight they can go ahead.  I'm not going to run a money losing route (maybe easy for me to say since I'm pretty sizable).  I'll hit em on another one of their routes and/or wait until they decide they don't want to lose money anymore and swoop back in.  There are too many potential routes out there to use aircraft on to lose hundreds a day in a $5 fare war.  Everyone who starts from scratch wants to fly ORD-JFK and the like but at this stage of the game, that's a non starter.

Check out CLE-CVG someday for a good chuckle.  The 10 Dash-8 flights at $5 are an excellent business decision.
ro Air,  dba Vegasair, a SkyWorld Global Alliance Member

d1-3508

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: September 06, 2007, 04:06:18 am
Settle down you lot... :twisted:
EO of Pacfic Blue, ID 302.
Senior Editor of AMM (Airline Mogul Magazine)
2nd Most Southerly Member in the game.
No longer an admin.

Max2147

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: September 06, 2007, 04:40:50 am
Quote from: "Pro Air"

Anyways... I have to race with 4 major airlines  :(   Think Airlines, Iguana (top in South America), Pro Air

Seriously, if someone wants to run a money losing $10 flight they can go ahead.  I'm not going to run a money losing route (maybe easy for me to say since I'm pretty sizable).  I'll hit em on another one of their routes and/or wait until they decide they don't want to lose money anymore and swoop back in.  There are too many potential routes out there to use aircraft on to lose hundreds a day in a $5 fare war.  Everyone who starts from scratch wants to fly ORD-JFK and the like but at this stage of the game, that's a non starter.

Check out CLE-CVG someday for a good chuckle.  The 10 Dash-8 flights at $5 are an excellent business decision.

Then why are you chucking $20 flights at me in Madison ;)

It's all good fun :)
lying Badger Airlines

TEVA_South

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: September 06, 2007, 04:52:28 am
honestly, newports i give you an A for effort, you're very persisent.

HSV is all yours, i finally picked up enough gates at another i'd
been wanting to get into.

just to clarify things, its pretty much like everyone said.
i got tired of fixing route after route
every 5 mins.  so i figured i'd make things challenging
for you.

it happens to all of us.  i'll give you an example of something
that happened to me the other day.  on JFK-ATL and JFK-HOU the same airline
dumped 6 773 frequencies on both of them at $1 dollar.
that torpedo'd the route for everyone, now everyone is running the route at a loss.
the gates are so hard to get at those airports sometimes you've just got to eat
the loss.

i think this may be what coastal is referring to.

it's all in fun.
D 2264

Pro Air

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: September 06, 2007, 10:41:57 am
Quote from: "Pro Air"

Then why are you chucking $20 flights at me in Madison ;)

It's all good fun :)

I'm not losing money on them yet.....
ro Air,  dba Vegasair, a SkyWorld Global Alliance Member

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: September 06, 2007, 10:50:22 am
COMMENT REMOVED BY d1-3508, because it was attacking an admin.

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: September 06, 2007, 10:58:55 am
Calm down guys. If you want to scream at your competitiors, do it in private :P  :lol:
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk