Airline Mogul Forum

Broker

Morgan · 50 · 16954

Morgan

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: August 19, 2007, 11:43:43 am
Well, how can i become a broker?
Is that classified to official or unofficial?

Thanks. :)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 03:28:36 am by StephenM »
organ AirTrans (ID:1137) is decided to out of business in Airline Mogul.

d1-3508

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 12:22:27 pm
To be an offical broker (from memory) you need to:

Send an ingame or forum message to Stephen
Sorry, I can't really elaborate more, but maybe one of the others can.
EO of Pacfic Blue, ID 302.
Senior Editor of AMM (Airline Mogul Magazine)
2nd Most Southerly Member in the game.
No longer an admin.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 01:27:58 pm
To become an official broker, you have to

1. Send pm to StephenM
2. Convince him you are the right choice among others
3. Wait for a vacancy (an official broker leaving or going inactive for a long time)... or convince StephenM AND the current brokers that more brokers are needed
4. Wait and wait a bit more until StephenM gets back to you
5. Don't piss off the current official brokers while waiting because they would probably be consulted by StephenM as to who should be selected when a new broker has to be chosen.

... and some warnings,
- Don't think it is a glamourous job to be an official broker, it takes a lot of time, work, and patience
- Don't think official brokers get a lot of benefit... in fact, we don't have extra cash or planes when starting, nor do we have extra discounts when buying planes for our own use.
- Think twice before applying, this is an obligation to the game
- We do help with other things in the game, such as beta testing, searching and inputting data, thinking up new feature suggestions, writing the AM Wiki... etc.
- Think twice before applying... there is no turning back!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 10:21:06 am by dktc »
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 03:46:04 am
Too many people are asking this question. Stop asking. If you can't even read the forum, you are not qualified anyway.
D Express (id 616) 8)

sla31

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 04:12:23 am
Quote from: "dktc"
To become an official broker, you have to

1. Send pm to StephenM
2. Convince him you are the right choice among others
3. Wait for a vacancy (an official broker leaving or going inactive for a long time)... or convince StephenM AND the current brokers that more brokers are needed
4. Wait and wait a bit more until StephenM gets back to you
5. Don't piss off the current official brokers while waiting because they would probably be consulted by StephenM as to who should be selected when a new broker has to be chosen.

... and some warnings,
- Don't think it is a glamourous job to be an official broker, it takes a lot of time, work, and patients
- Don't think official brokers get a lot of benefit... in fact, we don't have extra cash or planes when starting, nor do we have extra discounts when buying planes for our own use.
- Think twice before applying, this is an obligation to the game
- We do help with other things in the game, such as beta testing, searching and inputting data, thinking up new feature suggestions, writing the AM Wiki... etc.
- Think twice before applying... there is no turning back!

There is deffinetly a lot of obligation and it is time consuming especially when you get those orders for 50+ aircraft for immediate delivery.  And yes there is a lot of waiting for StephenM to get back to you :lol: but it can be rewarding in its own ways.
Bryce Rea

warreng24

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 23, 2007, 02:55:45 pm
Someone please APPLY.  We need another broker! Especially since we only have 1 broker currently taking orders!

OrangeAir :: Away until 10/27/2007!  

DEX Brokerage (partly reopened)

.:Hampo Brokerage:. NOT TAKING ORDERS ... Away 23rd - 26th

[BROKER INACTIVE] StarCross Airlines Aircraft Liquidation!!!

[BROKER INACTIVE] -ILFC-  

irXpress (ID: 1955)
Flying only Round-Trips....

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 23, 2007, 02:57:47 pm
Applying doesn't mean you would get the job, nor that there would be brokers added. :wink:
D Express (id 616) 8)

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 23, 2007, 02:59:03 pm
I'd suggest D Express to be more active in brokerage .. then all things are solved  :lol:

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 23, 2007, 03:00:07 pm
Quote from: "Jps"
I'd suggest D Express to be more active in brokerage .. then all things are solved  :lol:

Its not his fault or responsibility, its the design of the broker system that is effecting him.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

ALFC

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 23, 2007, 03:07:30 pm
one part of the playerbase screams "BROKERS ARE UNFAIR" (because they think that the other players are better due to getting free planes from brokers or something), the other half screams "MORE BROKERS WE CANT GET PLANES".

i wish players would start seeing as human element that tries to increase gameplay, that is you can do more "human" deals than just ordering planes clickety click.
LFC - Melmac Spacelines

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 23, 2007, 03:09:19 pm
Quote from: "ALFC"
one part of the playerbase screams "BROKERS ARE UNFAIR" (because they think that the other players are better due to getting free planes from brokers or something), the other half screams "MORE BROKERS WE CANT GET PLANES".

i wish players would start seeing as human element that tries to increase gameplay, that is you can do more "human" deals than just ordering planes clickety click.

LOL!!!!... which side are you on?  :lol:

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

ALFC

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: October 23, 2007, 06:23:16 pm

with the minority who think that brokers are a good service to the community, they just dont happen to be of help to everyone. i do think that players who outvalue brokers dont need their help but they are a great way to offer financing to new players who cant pay all the money up front.
the further down the ranks you are, the more you benefit from using the broker system.
last round, i started in LATE LATE 2003 (oct), it was great being able to order planes ahead of the own growth, without paying before delivery.
now, this round, i am one of the more wealthy players, and quickly gave up trying to use the broker system ;) i think i have used less than 10 broker orders through the whole round so far, simply because it dont really help me to order one martin 404 a day from a broker, when i have to buy 50 to sustain growth
LFC - Melmac Spacelines

Pacific

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: October 23, 2007, 06:27:58 pm

with the minority who think that brokers are a good service to the community, they just dont happen to be of help to everyone. i do think that players who outvalue brokers dont need their help but they are a great way to offer financing to new players who cant pay all the money up front.
the further down the ranks you are, the more you benefit from using the broker system.
last round, i started in LATE LATE 2003 (oct), it was great being able to order planes ahead of the own growth, without paying before delivery.
now, this round, i am one of the more wealthy players, and quickly gave up trying to use the broker system ;) i think i have used less than 10 broker orders through the whole round so far, simply because it dont really help me to order one martin 404 a day from a broker, when i have to buy 50 to sustain growth

Exactly the same way I think as well.  D Express gave me some good leases on ATR72s which got me really going.

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: October 23, 2007, 06:49:51 pm
I agree with you two. Last round when I came in late the brokers were all way bigger than me and could always afford to broker me planes. Today I'd be interested in someone who could broker me 10 super constellations, but which broker is able to offer me that?
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

airplane2011@msn.com

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: December 15, 2007, 08:46:31 pm
Will there be an opening for an official broker soon since Hampo is leaving?

"a whole different animal."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk